Biopharma Co.'s Burn Tissue Removal Product Approved
Source: Swayampakula Ramakanth
January 5, 2023 (Investorideas.com Newswire) Because of the green light from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, H.C. Wainwright & Co. raised its target price on the developer of this drug, according to a recent report.
Vericel Corp.'s (VCEL:NASDAQ) NexoBrid, a product that removes nonviable burn tissue, was recently approved and given a wider label than expected by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), reported H.C. Wainwright & Co. analyst Dr. Swayampakula Ramakanth in a Jan. 3 research note. Vericel expects to commercially launch the drug in Q2/23.
"We expect management to provide additional details of the commercial launch in Q1/23 at an investor conference," Ramakanth wrote.
On the news of the FDA approval, H.C. Wainwright increased its price target on Vericel to US$37 per share from US$35, the analyst pointed out. The biopharma is trading now at about $26.34 per share. The investment bank also reiterated its Buy rating on it.
Ramakanth reported that NexoBrid is approved for adults with deep partial thickness and/or full-thickness thermal burns.
Patients may apply it to these burns twice within a 24-hour period, first to an area of up to 15% of their body surface area and second to an area of up to 20% of their body surface area.
Milestone Payment Due
NexoBrid is the result of a collaboration between Vericel and MediWound, Ramakanth indicated. Now that the drug is FDA approved, Vericel owes MediWound a milestone payment of US$7.5 million ($7.5M), payable in this first quarter of 2023.
Rationale for a New Target
H.C. Wainwright derived its new price target on Vericel based on a few assumptions, Ramakanth noted. One is that Vericel will initially garner US$6,500 per patient per burn treatment.
Another is that the biopharma will start generating revenue from NexoBrid in Q3/23. The third is that Vericel's revenue from NexoBrid in 2023 will be an estimated US$8.5M and, by year-end 2026, will be about US$31M.
1) Doresa Banning wrote this article for Streetwise Reports LLC and provides services to Streetwise Reports as an independent contractor. She or members of her household own securities of the following companies mentioned in the article: None. She or members of her household are paid by the following companies mentioned in this article: None.
2) The following companies mentioned in this article are billboard sponsors of Streetwise Reports: None. Click here for important disclosures about sponsor fees. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security.
3) Statements and opinions expressed are the opinions of the author and not of Streetwise Reports or its officers. The author is wholly responsible for the validity of the statements. The author was not paid by Streetwise Reports for this article. Streetwise Reports was not paid by the author to publish or syndicate this article. Streetwise Reports requires contributing authors to disclose any shareholdings in, or economic relationships with, companies that they write about. Streetwise Reports relies upon the authors to accurately provide this information and Streetwise Reports has no means of verifying its accuracy.
5) From time to time, Streetwise Reports LLC and its directors, officers, employees or members of their families, as well as persons interviewed for articles and interviews on the site, may have a long or short position in securities mentioned. Directors, officers, employees or members of their immediate families are prohibited from making purchases and/or sales of those securities in the open market or otherwise from the time of the decision to publish an article until three business days after the publication of the article. The foregoing prohibition does not apply to articles that in substance only restate previously published company releases.
6) This article does not constitute medical advice. Officers, employees and contributors to Streetwise Reports are not licensed medical professionals. Readers should always contact their healthcare professionals for medical advice.
Disclosures For H.C.Wainwright & Co., MediWound Ltd., January 3, 2023
H.C. Wainwright & Co, LLC (the "Firm") is a member of FINRA and SIPC and a registered U.S. Broker-Dealer. I, Swayampakula Ramakanth, Ph.D., Arthur He, Ph.D. and Sean Lee , certify that 1) all of the views expressed in this report accurately reflect my personal views about any and all subject securities or issuers discussed; and 2) no part of my compensation was, is, or will be directly or indirectly related to the specific recommendation or views expressed in this research report; and 3) neither myself nor any members of my household is an officer, director or advisory board member of these companies.
None of the research analysts or the research analyst's household has a financial interest in the securities of Vericel Corporation and MediWound Ltd. (including, without limitation, any option, right, warrant, future, long or short position). As of December 31, 2022 neither the Firm nor its affiliates beneficially own 1% or more of any class of common equity securities of Vericel Corporation and MediWound Ltd.
Neither the research analyst nor the Firm knows or has reason to know of any other material conflict of interest at the time of publication of this research report. The research analyst principally responsible for preparation of the report does not receive compensation that is based upon any specific investment banking services or transaction but is compensated based on factors including total revenue and profitability of the Firm, a substantial portion of which is derived from investment banking services.
The Firm or its affiliates did not receive compensation from Vericel Corporation for investment banking services within twelve months before, but will seek compensation from the companies mentioned in this report for investment banking services within three months following publication of the research report. The Firm or its affiliates did receive compensation from MediWound Ltd. for investment banking services within twelve months before, and will seek compensation from the companies mentioned in this report for investment banking services within three months following publication of the research report. H.C. Wainwright & Co., LLC managed or co-managed a public offering of securities for MediWound Ltd. during the past 12 months.
The Firm does not make a market in Vericel Corporation and MediWound Ltd. as of the date of this research report. The securities of the company discussed in this report may be unsuitable for investors depending on their specific investment objectives and financial position. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. This report is offered for informational purposes only, and does not constitute an offer or solicitation to buy or sell any securities discussed herein in any jurisdiction where such would be prohibited. This research report is not intended to provide tax advice or to be used to provide tax advice to any person.
H.C. Wainwright & Co., LLC does not provide individually tailored investment advice in research reports. This research report is not intended to provide personal investment advice and it does not take into account the specific investment objectives, financial situation and the particular needs of any specific person. Investors should seek financial advice regarding the appropriateness of investing in financial instruments and implementing investment strategies discussed or recommended in this research report.
H.C. Wainwright & Co., LLC's and its affiliates' salespeople, traders, and other professionals may provide oral or written market commentary or trading strategies that reflect opinions that are contrary to the opinions expressed in this research report. H.C. Wainwright & Co., LLC and its affiliates, officers, directors, and employees, excluding its analysts, will from time to time have long or short positions in, act as principal in, and buy or sell, the securities or derivatives (including options and warrants) thereof of covered companies referred to in this research report.
The information contained herein is based on sources which we believe to be reliable but is not guaranteed by us as being accurate and does not purport to be a complete statement or summary of the available data on the company, industry or security discussed in the report. All opinions and estimates included in this report constitute the analyst's judgment as of the date of this report and are subject to change without notice. Securities and other financial instruments discussed in this research report: may lose value; are not insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation; and are subject to investment risks, including possible loss of the principal amount invested.
This news is published on the Investorideas.com Newswire - a global digital news source for investors and business leaders
Disclaimer/Disclosure: Investorideas.com is a digital publisher of third party sourced news, articles and equity research as well as creates original content, including video, interviews and articles. Original content created by investorideas is protected by copyright laws other than syndication rights. Our site does not make recommendations for purchases or sale of stocks, services or products. Nothing on our sites should be construed as an offer or solicitation to buy or sell products or securities. All investing involves risk and possible losses. This site is currently compensated for news publication and distribution, social media and marketing, content creation and more. Disclosure is posted for each compensated news release, content published /created if required but otherwise the news was not compensated for and was published for the sole interest of our readers and followers. Contact management and IR of each company directly regarding specific questions.
More disclaimer info: https://www.investorideas.com/About/Disclaimer.asp Learn more about publishing your news release and our other news services on the Investorideas.com newswire https://www.investorideas.com/News-Upload/ and tickertagstocknews.com