Target Price Boosted on Canadian Pharma Co.
Source: Dr. Andre Uddin
December 1, 2022 (Investorideas.com Newswire) This company, undergoing a business model shift, is doing well and remains Buy rated despite a weaker-than-expected Q3/22, noted a Research Capital Corp. report.
Research Capital Corp. raised its target price on Cipher Pharmaceuticals Inc. (CPHR:NASDAQ; CPH:TSX) to CA$4 per share from CA$3.10 because the company "has been performing well," reported analyst Dr. Andre Uddin in a November 11, 2022 research note. In comparison, the Buy-rated specialty pharma firm's current price is about CA$3.44 per share.
Strong Balance Sheet
Uddin presented three noteworthy factors to keep in mind about Cipher as it transitions "to a company with a lean structure and a revenue base totally made of royalties from product sales in the U.S. and Canada."
1) Cipher has something few Canadian specialty pharmas have: a clean balance sheet with no debt. This affords Cipher downside protection. The pharma ended Q3/22 with US$27.52 million (US$27.52M) in cash.
2) Cipher has the financial means to acquire new assets. "Management continues to hunt actively for a product(s) that can diversify its revenue base and add to its cash flow base. Investors should wait for this," Uddin wrote.
3) Cipher has a buyback program that has helped lift its share price.
Q3/22 Results Fall Short
That said, Cipher's Q3/22 results missed expectations, Uddin noted, but the company's third quarters tend to be weaker.
This is due to decreased purchases of isotretinoin products in general during the summer months, which negatively impacts sales of Cipher's two primary drugs, Absorica in the U.S. and Epuris in Canada.
"We may see some near-term share price weakness based on Q3/22, but we believe investors should wait and see what the company nibbles on," Uddin commented.
Cipher's Q3/22 revenues were US$4.8M, below Research Capital's US$5.4M forecast but above Q3 revenue last year of US$4.5M.
Similarly, Q3/22 adjusted EBITDA was US$2.6M versus Research Capital's US$3.5M estimate and last year's US$2.2M.
Net income in Q3/22 was US$2.7M, higher than Research Capital's projected US$2.1M and last year's US$0.8M.
Cipher's U.S. portfolio fared better than its Canadian counterpart during Q3/22, Uddin noted. Licensing revenues in the States were US$2M, higher than Research Capital's US$1.8M forecast but the same as last year's.
Sales of Canadian products yielded US$2.8M in Q3/22, less than Research Capital's US$3.4M estimate but more than last year's sales of US$2.5M.
Progress With Drug Candidates
During Q3/22, two products to which Cipher owns the Canadian marketing rights advanced: piclidenoson and MOB-015.
As for piclidenoson, topline results were positive from the Phase 3 COMFORT study of the drug in moderate psoriasis. Can-Fite BioPharma, which owns piclidenoson, plans to seek approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and European Medicines Agency to proceed with a pivotal Phase 3 trial.
Regarding MOB-015, the drug owner Moberg Pharma began a Phase 3 trial evaluating it as a treatment for nail fungus, the Canadian prescription market for which is at least CA$75M, according to the U.S. pharma company IQVIA.
1) Doresa Banning wrote this article for Streetwise Reports LLC and provides services to Streetwise Reports as an independent contractor. She or members of her household own securities of the following companies mentioned in the article: None. She or members of her household are paid by the following companies mentioned in this article: None.
2) The following companies mentioned in this article are billboard sponsors of Streetwise Reports: None. Click here for important disclosures about sponsor fees. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security.
3) Statements and opinions expressed are the opinions of the author and not of Streetwise Reports or its officers. The author is wholly responsible for the validity of the statements. The author was not paid by Streetwise Reports for this article. Streetwise Reports was not paid by the author to publish or syndicate this article. Streetwise Reports requires contributing authors to disclose any shareholdings in, or economic relationships with, companies that they write about. Streetwise Reports relies upon the authors to accurately provide this information and Streetwise Reports has no means of verifying its accuracy.
5) From time to time, Streetwise Reports LLC and its directors, officers, employees or members of their families, as well as persons interviewed for articles and interviews on the site, may have a long or short position in securities mentioned. Directors, officers, employees or members of their immediate families are prohibited from making purchases and/or sales of those securities in the open market or otherwise from the time of the decision to publish an article until three business days after the publication of the article. The foregoing prohibition does not apply to articles that in substance only restate previously published company releases.
Disclosures For Research Capital Corp., Cipher Pharmaceuticals Inc., November 11, 2022
Analyst Certification: I, Andre Uddin, Ph.D., certify the views expressed in this report were formed by my review of relevant company data and industry investigation, and accurately reflect my opinion about the investment merits of the securities mentioned in the report. I also certify that my compensation is not related to specific recommendations or views expressed in this report. Research Capital Corporation publishes research and investment recommendations for the use of its clients. Information regarding our categories of recommendations, quarterly summaries of the percentage of our recommendations which fall into each category and our policies regarding the release of our research reports is available at www.researchcapital.com or may be requested by contacting the analyst. Each analyst of Research Capital Corporation whose name appears in this report hereby certifies that (i) the recommendations and opinions expressed in this research report accurately reflect the analyst's personal views and (ii) no part of the research analyst's compensation was or will be directly or indirectly related to the specific conclusions or recommendations expressed in this research report.
General Disclosures: The opinions, estimates and projections contained in all Research Reports published by Research Capital Corporation ("RCC") are those of RCC as of the date of publication and are subject to change without notice. RCC makes every effort to ensure that the contents have been compiled or derived from sources believed to be reliable and that contain information and opinions that are accurate and complete; RCC makes no representation or warranty, express or implied, in respect thereof, takes no responsibility for any errors and omissions which may be contained therein and accepts no liability whatsoever for any loss arising from any use of or reliance on its Research Reports or its contents. Information may be available to RCC that is not contained therein. Research Reports disseminated by RCC are not a solicitation to buy or sell. All securities not available in all jurisdictions.
Potential Conflicts of Interest: All Research Capital Corporation ("RCC") Analysts are compensated based in part on the overall revenues of RCC, a portion of which are generated by investment banking activities. RCC may have had, or seek to have, an investment banking relationship with companies mentioned in this report. RCC and/or its officers, directors and employees may from time to time acquire, hold or sell securities mentioned in our Research Reports as principal or agent. RCC makes every effort possible to avoid conflicts of interest, however readers should assume that a conflict might exist, and therefore not rely solely on this report when evaluating whether or not to buy or sell the securities of subject companies.
RCC USA: Information about Research Capital Corporation's Rating System, the distribution of our research to clients and the percentage of recommendations which are in each of our rating categories is available on our website at www.researchcapital.ca. The information contained in this report has been drawn from sources believed to be reliable but its accuracy or completeness is not guaranteed, nor in providing it does Research Capital Corporation assume any responsibility or liability. Research Capital Corporation, its directors, officers and other employees may, from time to time, have positions in the securities mentioned herein. Contents of this report cannot be reproduced in whole or in part without the express permission of Research Capital Corporation. US Institutional Clients - Research Capital USA Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Research Capital Corporation, accepts responsibility for the contents of this report subject to the terms and limitations set out above. US firms or institutions receiving this report should effect transactions in securities discussed in the report through Research Capital USA Inc., a Broker - Dealer registered with the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).
This news is published on the Investorideas.com Newswire - a global digital news source for investors and business leaders
Disclaimer/Disclosure: Investorideas.com is a digital publisher of third party sourced news, articles and equity research as well as creates original content, including video, interviews and articles. Original content created by investorideas is protected by copyright laws other than syndication rights. Our site does not make recommendations for purchases or sale of stocks, services or products. Nothing on our sites should be construed as an offer or solicitation to buy or sell products or securities. All investing involves risk and possible losses. This site is currently compensated for news publication and distribution, social media and marketing, content creation and more. Disclosure is posted for each compensated news release, content published /created if required but otherwise the news was not compensated for and was published for the sole interest of our readers and followers. Contact management and IR of each company directly regarding specific questions.
More disclaimer info: https://www.investorideas.com/About/Disclaimer.asp Learn more about publishing your news release and our other news services on the Investorideas.com newswire https://www.investorideas.com/News-Upload/ and tickertagstocknews.com