Biotech Co.'s Drug Showing 'Early Signs of Benefit'
Source: Dr. Elemer Piros
October 7, 2022 (Investorideas.com Newswire) With this upcoming analysis, the board will determine whether the Phase 2b/3 trial may continue to completion, noted a ROTH Capital Partners report.
Monopar Therapeutics Inc. (MNPR:NASDAQ) finished enrolling enough patients for the required interim analysis in its Phase 2b/3 VOICE trial, and results of the impending review are expected in Q1/23, reported ROTH Capital Partners analyst Dr. Elemer Piros in an October 5, 2022 research note.
This biopharma is developing therapeutics to enhance clinical outcomes for cancer patients.
One of them, Validive, is clonidine in a mucobuccal tablet form. VOICE is evaluating the use of Validive to prevent severe oral mucositis in patients undergoing chemoradiation for oropharyngeal cancer, Piros relayed, an indication for which no approved treatment or preventative therapeutic exists in the U.S.
Monopar is currently trading at around $1.71 per share. ROTH's target price on it is almost 11 times that, at $18 per share. This gap suggests significant potential return investors in the company.
To date, the Illinois-based firm has enrolled more than the 130 patients needed for an independent data and safety monitoring board's investigation to determine whether the trial should continue through the completion of Phase 3, wrote Piros. Also, the company has recruited 68 sites to participate.
For the Phase 3 part of the trial, should it be greenlighted, a total of 260 patients will need to be enrolled.
Data also are expected in the near term, in the next three to six months, for Monopar's Phase 1b trial of camsirubicin, in advanced soft tissue sarcoma patients, Piros indicated. Camsirubicin is the biopharma's proprietary analog of doxorubicin.
"The company observed early signs of benefit for camsirubicin," added Piros.
ROTH rates Monopar Buy.
1) Doresa Banning wrote this article for Streetwise Reports LLC and provides services to Streetwise Reports as an independent contractor. She or members of her household own securities of the following companies mentioned in the article: None. She or members of her household are paid by the following companies mentioned in this article: None.
2) The following companies mentioned in this article are billboard sponsors of Streetwise Reports: None. Click here for important disclosures about sponsor fees. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security. As of the date of this article, an affiliate of Streetwise Reports has a consulting relationship with: None. Please click here for more information.
3) Comments and opinions expressed are those of the specific experts and not of Streetwise Reports or its officers. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security.
5) From time to time, Streetwise Reports LLC and its directors, officers, employees or members of their families, as well as persons interviewed for articles and interviews on the site, may have a long or short position in securities mentioned. Directors, officers, employees or members of their immediate families are prohibited from making purchases and/or sales of those securities in the open market or otherwise from the time of the decision to publish an article until three business days after the publication of the article. The foregoing prohibition does not apply to articles that in substance only restate previously published company releases.
6) This article does not constitute medical advice. Officers, employees and contributors to Streetwise Reports are not licensed medical professionals. Readers should always contact their healthcare professionals for medical advice.
Disclosures For ROTH Capital Partners, Monopar Therapeutics Inc., October 5, 2022
Regulation Analyst Certification ("Reg AC"): The research analyst primarily responsible for the content of this report certifies the following under Reg AC: I hereby certify that all views expressed in this report accurately reflect my personal views about the subject company or companies and its or their securities. I also certify that no part of my compensation was, is or will be, directly or indirectly, related to the specific recommendations or views expressed in this report.
Disclosures: ROTH makes a market in shares of Monopar Therapeutics, Inc. and as such, buys and sells from customers on a principal basis. Shares of Monopar Therapeutics, Inc. may be subject to the Securities and Exchange Commission's Penny Stock Rules, which may set forth sales practice requirements for certain low-priced securities.
ROTH Capital Partners, LLC expects to receive or intends to seek compensation for investment banking or other business relationships with the covered companies mentioned in this report in the next three months. The material, information and facts discussed in this report other than the information regarding ROTH Capital Partners, LLC and its affiliates, are from sources believed to be reliable, but are in no way guaranteed to be complete or accurate.
This report should not be used as a complete analysis of the company, industry or security discussed in the report. Additional information is available upon request. This is not, however, an offer or solicitation of the securities discussed. Any opinions or estimates in this report are subject to change without notice. An investment in the stock may involve risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from the forward-looking statements. Additionally, an investment in the stock may involve a high degree of risk and may not be suitable for all investors. No part of this report may be reproduced in any form without the express written permission of ROTH.
This news is published on the Investorideas.com Newswire - a global digital news source for investors and business leaders
Disclaimer/Disclosure: Investorideas.com is a digital publisher of third party sourced news, articles and equity research as well as creates original content, including video, interviews and articles. Original content created by investorideas is protected by copyright laws other than syndication rights. Our site does not make recommendations for purchases or sale of stocks, services or products. Nothing on our sites should be construed as an offer or solicitation to buy or sell products or securities. All investing involves risk and possible losses. This site is currently compensated for news publication and distribution, social media and marketing, content creation and more. Disclosure is posted for each compensated news release, content published /created if required but otherwise the news was not compensated for and was published for the sole interest of our readers and followers. Contact management and IR of each company directly regarding specific questions.
More disclaimer info: https://www.investorideas.com/About/Disclaimer.asp Learn more about publishing your news release and our other news services on the Investorideas.com newswire https://www.investorideas.com/News-Upload/ and tickertagstocknews.com