Two Talks On New Cancer Drug Slated for Meeting This Week
Source: Dr. Tony Butler
September 7, 2022 (Investorideas.com Newswire) The upcoming discussions pertain to a biopharma's clinical stage T-cell therapy as a treatment for solid tumors, noted a ROTH Capital Partners report.
Two events pertaining to Adaptimmune Therapeutics Plc (ADAP:NASDAQ) second generation T-cell receptor program, primarily the SURPASS Phase 1 clinical trial, are scheduled for the imminent 2022 European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO) meeting, reported ROTH Capital Partners analyst Dr. Tony Butler in a September 6, 2022 research note.
Adaptimmune is developing novel immunotherapy drugs for cancer patients, and the SURPASS trial evaluated ADP-A2M4CD8, its autologous T-cell receptor T-cell therapy, in previously treated patients with unresectable or metastatic tumors.
8 a.m. EST on Sept. 9: In a virtual event, the London-based biopharma will give an update on its first SURPASS study and discuss plans for other related trials.
Also, Dr. Kathleen Moore will talk about her experience relative to the first SURPASS study and ovarian cancer. She is an associate professor of gynecologic oncology at the University of Oklahoma College of Medicine and a SURPASS investigator.
The discussions will end with a live Q&A session.
9:45 a.m. EST on Sept. 10: In a mini oral session 735MO, Dr. David S. Hong will cover updated safety and efficacy results from SURPASS Phase 1. Hong is with the Department of Investigational Cancer Therapeutics at the MD Anderson Cancer Center.
Butler reiterated general SURPASS results and what is next for the program. SURPASS showed 8 out of 22, or 36% of, patients had RECIST responses, he relayed. One patient with ovarian cancer had a complete response, while other patients, having bladder cancer, head and neck cancer, gastroesophageal cancer, and synovial sarcoma experienced a partial response.
Given these results, noted Butler, Adaptimmune is now conducting SURPASS-2, a Phase 2 trial of ADP-A2M4CD8 in esophageal or esophagogastric junction cancers.
Also, later this year, the company plans to commence another Phase 2 trial, called SURPASS-3, of ADP-A2M4CD8 in combination with a checkpoint inhibitor in ovarian cancer patients.
ROTH has a Buy rating and a $9 per share target price on Adaptimmune, the current share price of which is about $2.03.
1) Doresa Banning wrote this article for Streetwise Reports LLC and provides services to Streetwise Reports as an independent contractor. She or members of her household own securities of the following companies mentioned in the article: None. She or members of her household are paid by the following companies mentioned in this article: None.
2) The following companies mentioned in this article are billboard sponsors of Streetwise Reports: None. Click here for important disclosures about sponsor fees. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security. As of the date of this article, an affiliate of Streetwise Reports has a consulting relationship with: None. Please click here for more information.
3) Comments and opinions expressed are those of the specific experts and not of Streetwise Reports or its officers. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security.
5) From time to time, Streetwise Reports LLC and its directors, officers, employees or members of their families, as well as persons interviewed for articles and interviews on the site, may have a long or short position in securities mentioned. Directors, officers, employees or members of their immediate families are prohibited from making purchases and/or sales of those securities in the open market or otherwise from the time of the decision to publish an article until three business days after the publication of the article. The foregoing prohibition does not apply to articles that in substance only restate previously published company releases.
6) This article does not constitute medical advice. Officers, employees and contributors to Streetwise Reports are not licensed medical professionals. Readers should always contact their healthcare professionals for medical advice.
Disclosures For Roth Capital Partners, Adaptimmune Therapeutics PLC., September 6, 2022
ROTH makes a market in shares of Adaptimmune Therapeutics PLC and as such, buys and sells from customers on a principal basis. Shares of Adaptimmune Therapeutics PLC may be subject to the Securities and Exchange Commission's Penny Stock Rules, which may set forth sales practice requirements for certain low-priced securities.
ROTH Capital Partners, LLC expects to receive or intends to seek compensation for investment banking or other business relationships with the covered companies mentioned in this report in the next three months. The material, information and facts discussed in this report other than the information regarding ROTH Capital Partners, LLC and its affiliates, are from sources believed to be reliable, but are in no way guaranteed to be complete or accurate. This report should not be used as a complete analysis of the company, industry or security discussed in the report. Additional information is available upon request. This is not, however, an offer or solicitation of the securities discussed.
Any opinions or estimates in this report are subject to change without notice. An investment in the stock may involve risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from the forward-looking statements. Additionally, an investment in the stock may involve a high degree of risk and may not be suitable for all investors. No part of this report may be reproduced in any form without the express written permission of ROTH. Copyright 2022. Member: FINRA/SIPC
This news is published on the Investorideas.com Newswire - a global digital news source for investors and business leaders
Disclaimer/Disclosure: Investorideas.com is a digital publisher of third party sourced news, articles and equity research as well as creates original content, including video, interviews and articles. Original content created by investorideas is protected by copyright laws other than syndication rights. Our site does not make recommendations for purchases or sale of stocks, services or products. Nothing on our sites should be construed as an offer or solicitation to buy or sell products or securities. All investing involves risk and possible losses. This site is currently compensated for news publication and distribution, social media and marketing, content creation and more. Disclosure is posted for each compensated news release, content published /created if required but otherwise the news was not compensated for and was published for the sole interest of our readers and followers. Contact management and IR of each company directly regarding specific questions.
More disclaimer info: https://www.investorideas.com/About/Disclaimer.asp Learn more about publishing your news release and our other news services on the Investorideas.com newswire https://www.investorideas.com/News-Upload/ and tickertagstocknews.com