Biotech Co. Awakes To Good News
Source: Clive Maund
August 8, 2022 (Investorideas.com Newswire) Awakn Life Sciences Corp.'s rating went to an Immediate Speculative Buy after it received substantial funding from the UK government. Expert Clive Maund shares his thoughts on the development.
Awakn Life Sciences Corp. (AWKN:NEO; AWKNF:OTCQB) is rated an immediate buy at the open the morning of July 20, 2022, due to its release of the very good news that it is to receive substantial UK government funding for one of its key trials and because the stock has shown marked technical improvement in recent weeks following a severe downtrend.
This announcement of UK government funding, which will be to the tune of 66% of the costs, is unusual because it marks the first time ever that a Phase 3 psychedelic trial has ever received government funding, and the reason for this appears to be that the treatment under development addresses alcohol addiction which is a big problem in the UK.
Awakn was the subject of an email alert yesterday that read as follows...
"Awakn Life Sciences Corp.
Awakn Life Sciences Corp. mentioned some days ago, is a strong buy here after its reaction back of recent days on light volume. An article about it will be posted on the site later.
Awakn Life Sciences Corp, AWKN.CSX, AWKNF on OTC, trading at CA$0.71, $0.533 at 9.55 am EDT. The stock trades in light but reasonable volumes on the U.S. OTC market."
Turning to the stock chart, there is only about 13 months' stock history, so our chart doesn't need to go back much further than that.
On the chart, we see that after it started trading it trended gently higher for several months before a top formed from November through January after which it went into a severe downtrend, not helped of course by the malaise afflicting the market as a whole.
However, upside volume started to kick in the middle of last month before the price hit bottom at the end of the month and this was followed by the price/volume pattern turning much more bullish this month with a sizeable rally on persistent good volume during the first week and a little more of this month followed by a modest reaction back on much lighter volume that has brought it back to what is believed to be a good "buy spot" although obviously the good news out this morning may cause it to gap higher.
Nevertheless, because this news only came out at 7:30 am this morning, many potential buyers of the stock, especially those who tend to sleep in, will not be aware of this, so it seems likely that we will see follow-through buying as the day wears on, which is why those who are interested should aim to buy the stock as soon after the open this morning as possible.
Chart courtesy of stockwatch.com
In conclusion, Awakn Life Sciences is believed to be about to reverse to the upside and break out of the downtrend shown on our chart, and it is rated an Immediate Speculative Buy today as soon after the open as possible.
Note that Awakn trades in light but acceptable volumes on the U.S. OTC market and these volumes should improve once a rally gets underway.
More background information may be read about the company in Biotech Co.'s Phase III Trial First To Get Grant and this article includes some other analysts' price projections for the stock.
Awakn Life Sciences Corp website
Awakn Life Sciences Corp. closed at CA$0.70, $0.54 on July 19, 2022.
The above represents the opinion and analysis of Mr. Maund, based on data available to him, at the time of writing. Mr. Maund's opinions are his own, and are not a recommendation or an offer to buy or sell securities. Mr. Maund is an independent analyst who receives no compensation of any kind from any groups, individuals or corporations mentioned in his reports. As trading and investing in any financial markets may involve serious risk of loss, Mr. Maund recommends that you consult with a qualified investment advisor, one licensed by appropriate regulatory agencies in your legal jurisdiction and do your own due diligence and research when making any kind of a transaction with financial ramifications. Although a qualified and experienced stock market analyst, Clive Maund is not a Registered Securities Advisor. Therefore Mr. Maund's opinions on the market and stocks can only be construed as a solicitation to buy and sell securities when they are subject to the prior approval and endorsement of a Registered Securities Advisor operating in accordance with the appropriate regulations in your area of jurisdiction.
1) Clive Maund: I, or members of my immediate household or family, own securities of the following companies mentioned in this article: None. I personally am, or members of my immediate household or family are, paid by the following companies mentioned in this article: None.
2) The following companies mentioned in this article are billboard sponsors of Streetwise Reports: Awakn Life Sciences Corp. Click here for important disclosures about sponsor fees.
3) Statements and opinions expressed are the opinions of the author and not of Streetwise Reports or its officers. The author is wholly responsible for the validity of the statements. The author was not paid by Streetwise Reports for this article. Streetwise Reports was not paid by the author to publish or syndicate this article. Streetwise Reports requires contributing authors to disclose any shareholdings in, or economic relationships with, companies that they write about. Streetwise Reports relies upon the authors to accurately provide this information and Streetwise Reports has no means of verifying its accuracy.
5) From time to time, Streetwise Reports LLC and its directors, officers, employees or members of their families, as well as persons interviewed for articles and interviews on the site, may have a long or short position in securities mentioned. Directors, officers, employees or members of their immediate families are prohibited from making purchases and/or sales of those securities in the open market or otherwise from the time of the decision to publish an article until three business days after the publication of the article. The foregoing prohibition does not apply to articles that in substance only restate previously published company releases. As of the date of this article, officers and/or employees of Streetwise Reports LLC (including members of their household) own securities of Awakn Life Sciences Corp., a company mentioned in this article.
6) This article does not constitute medical advice. Officers, employees and contributors to Streetwise Reports are not licensed medical professionals. Readers should always contact their healthcare professionals for medical advice.
This news is published on the Investorideas.com Newswire - a global digital news source for investors and business leaders
Disclaimer/Disclosure: Investorideas.com is a digital publisher of third party sourced news, articles and equity research as well as creates original content, including video, interviews and articles. Original content created by investorideas is protected by copyright laws other than syndication rights. Our site does not make recommendations for purchases or sale of stocks, services or products. Nothing on our sites should be construed as an offer or solicitation to buy or sell products or securities. All investing involves risk and possible losses. This site is currently compensated for news publication and distribution, social media and marketing, content creation and more. Disclosure is posted for each compensated news release, content published /created if required but otherwise the news was not compensated for and was published for the sole interest of our readers and followers. Contact management and IR of each company directly regarding specific questions.
More disclaimer info: https://www.investorideas.com/About/Disclaimer.asp Learn more about publishing your news release and our other news services on the Investorideas.com newswire https://www.investorideas.com/News-Upload/