Clinical Catalysts for Biotech's Stock On Track for Mid 2022
May 16, 2022 (Investorideas.com Newswire) Upcoming potential stock-moving events include new data concerning the company's lead therapeutic candidate for age-related eye diseases, noted a ROTH Capital Partners report.
Unity Biotechnology Inc. (UBX:NASDAQ) is approaching three catalysts expected this year related to its ophthalmic clinical programs, reported ROTH Capital Partners analyst Elmer Piros in a May 12th research note.
Piros relayed the upcoming events. One, slated for mid-2022, is 12-week results from UNITY's Phase 2a BEHOLD trial, in progress, of UBX1325 in patients with diabetic macular edema.
The second event is Unity identifying further potential drug candidates, from its Tie2-VEGF bispecific program and the Tie2 antibody UBX2050, to pursue via clinical trials.
The third, expected in Q4/22, is the first data set, at 16 weeks, from Unity's just launched Phase 2 ENVISION trial, evaluating the biotech's senolytic agent UBX1325 in patients with neovascular age-related macular degeneration. Patients will be evaluated for safety and efficacy every eight weeks. The primary endpoint is visual acuity.
In ENVISION, 46 treatment-refractory patients will receive injections of either 10 micrograms of UNITY's UBX1325 at weeks zero and four or receive standard of care, 2 milligrams of aflibercept every eight weeks for up to 24 weeks.
Piros also reported that ROTH lowered its target price on UNITY to $3 per share from $4 because the biotech is expected to have "diminished cash" down the line. Now, though, the drug developer has sufficient cash for about 12 months of operations, having $79 million at the end of Q1/22.
ROTH Capital Partners maintains its Buy rating on UNITY Biotechnology.
1) Doresa Banning compiled this article for Streetwise Reports LLC and provides services to Streetwise Reports as an independent contractor. She or members of her household own securities of the following companies mentioned in the article: None. She or members of her household are paid by the following companies mentioned in this article: None.
2) The following companies mentioned in this article are billboard sponsors of Streetwise Reports: None. Click here for important disclosures about sponsor fees.
3) Comments and opinions expressed are those of the specific experts and not of Streetwise Reports or its officers. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security.
5) From time to time, Streetwise Reports LLC and its directors, officers, employees, or members of their families, as well as persons interviewed for articles and interviews on the site, may have a long or short position in the securities mentioned. Directors, officers, employees, or members of their immediate families are prohibited from making purchases and/or sales of those securities in the open market or otherwise from the time of the decision to publish an article until three business days after the publication of the article. The foregoing prohibition does not apply to articles that in substance only restate previously published company releases.
6) This article does not constitute medical advice. Officers, employees and contributors to Streetwise Reports are not licensed medical professionals. Readers should always contact their healthcare professionals for medical advice.
Disclosures for Roth Capital Partners, UNITY Biotechnology Inc., May 12, 2022
ROTH makes a market in shares of Unity Biotechnology, Inc. and as such, buys and sells from customers on a principal basis. Shares of Unity Biotechnology, Inc. may be subject to the Securities and Exchange Commission's Penny Stock Rules, which may set forth sales practice requirements for certain low-priced securities.
ROTH Capital Partners, LLC expects to receive or intends to seek compensation for investment banking or other business relationships with the covered companies mentioned in this report in the next three months. The material, information and facts discussed in this report other than the information regarding ROTH Capital Partners, LLC and its affiliates, are from sources believed to be reliable, but are in no way guaranteed to be complete or accurate. This report should not be used as a complete analysis of the company, industry or security discussed in the report. Additional information is available upon request. This is not, however, an offer or solicitation of the securities discussed. Any opinions or estimates in this report are subject to change without notice. An investment in the stock may involve risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from the forward-looking statements. Additionally, an investment in the stock may involve a high degree of risk and may not be suitable for all investors. No part of this report may be reproduced in any form without the express written permission of ROTH.
This news is published on the Investorideas.com Newswire - a global digital news source for investors and business leaders
Disclaimer/Disclosure: Investorideas.com is a digital publisher of third party sourced news, articles and equity research as well as creates original content, including video, interviews and articles. Original content created by investorideas is protected by copyright laws other than syndication rights. Our site does not make recommendations for purchases or sale of stocks, services or products. Nothing on our sites should be construed as an offer or solicitation to buy or sell products or securities. All investing involves risk and possible losses. This site is currently compensated for news publication and distribution, social media and marketing, content creation and more. Disclosure is posted for each compensated news release, content published /created if required but otherwise the news was not compensated for and was published for the sole interest of our readers and followers. Contact management and IR of each company directly regarding specific questions.
More disclaimer info: https://www.investorideas.com/About/Disclaimer.asp Learn more about publishing your news release and our other news services on the Investorideas.com newswire https://www.investorideas.com/News-Upload/ and tickertagstocknews.com