Energy Company's 'Appraisal Drilling Program Underway in Thailand'
Source: Streetwise Reports
March 24, 2021 (Investorideas.com Newswire) The work in progress at Pan Orient Energy's joint venture asset and the company's Q4/20 financial and operational results are discussed in a Mackie Research Capital Corp. report.
In a March 18 research note, Mackie Research Capital Corp. analyst Bill Newman reported that this year's appraisal drilling is in progress at Pan Orient Energy Corp.'s (POE:TSX.V) joint venture L53 Concession in Thailand and that the company's 2020 financial and operational results were in line with his firm's projections.
Newman noted the "L53-DD10 development well was recently drilled and will commence testing after the completion of the appraisal drilling program (2 to 3 wells) currently underway." The current appraisal drill program consists of two wells. Drilling of the first, L53-DD12, is underway, after which drilling of the second, L53-DD11, will follow. Completion of the program is expected in April 2021. At that time, the company stated it "will be in a position to best determine the future of the Thailand asset that would maximize shareholder value."
"We assume this could include the outright sale of the L53/48 concession, Newman wrote. "We note that the exploration lands associated with the L53/48 concession, which are not held by POE's production licenses, expired on January 7, 2021."
The analyst pointed out that in two past occasions, Pan Orient sold some of its assets for substantial cash consideration.
"In the meantime, Pan Orient remains in a strong financial position to develop and appraise its production licenses in Thailand," the analyst wrote.
Specifically, the oil and gas company's "strong balance sheet" includes $23.6 million in working capital and no debt as of Dec. 31, 2020, Newman indicated. Pan Orient also has $4.9 million of working capital and long-term deposits for its 50.01% equity interest in the Thailand Joint Venture, taking its total net working capital to $26.8 million.
Pan Orient's funds flow in Q4/20 was $1.5 million, or $0.03 per fully diluted (fd) share. This was down, mostly due to higher taxes, from Q3/20 when it was $2.4 million, or $0.04 per fd share.
Net production in Q4/20 averaged 1,491 barrels per day (1,491 bbl/d), 34% greater than in Q3/20, when it averaged 1,114 bbl/d. Full-year 2020 average net production was 1,213 bbl/d, which generated $9.6 million, or $0.18 per fd share.
More recently, in 2021, net production averaged 1,466 bbl/d in January and 1,430 bbl/d in February.
"We are targeting Q1/21 average production of 1,432 bbl/d," noted Newman.
Mackie has a Buy and a CA$1.35 per share target price on Pan Orient Energy, the stock of which is trading now at about CA$0.92 per share.
1) Doresa Banning compiled this article for Streetwise Reports LLC and provides services to Streetwise Reports as an independent contractor. She or members of her household own securities of the following companies mentioned in the article: None. She or members of her household are paid by the following companies mentioned in this article: None.
2) The following companies mentioned in this article are billboard sponsors of Streetwise Reports: Pan Orient Energy. Click here for important disclosures about sponsor fees.
3) Comments and opinions expressed are those of the specific experts and not of Streetwise Reports or its officers. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security.
5) From time to time, Streetwise Reports LLC and its directors, officers, employees or members of their families, as well as persons interviewed for articles and interviews on the site, may have a long or short position in securities mentioned. Directors, officers, employees or members of their immediate families are prohibited from making purchases and/or sales of those securities in the open market or otherwise from the time of the decision to publish an article until three business days after the publication of the article. The foregoing prohibition does not apply to articles that in substance only restate previously published company releases. As of the date of this article, officers and/or employees of Streetwise Reports LLC (including members of their household) own securities of Pan Orient Energy, a company mentioned in this article.
Disclosures from Mackie Research, Pan Orient Energy Corp., Update, March 18, 2021
RELEVANT DISCLOSURES APPLICABLE TO COMPANIES UNDER COVERAGE
1. The analyst holds shares in Pan Orient Energy Corp.
Each analyst of Mackie Research Capital Corporation whose name appears in this report hereby certifies that (i) the recommendations and opinions expressed in this research report accurately reflect the analyst's personal views and (ii) no part of the research analyst's compensation was or will be directly or indirectly related to the specific conclusions or recommendations expressed in this research report.
Mackie Research Capital Corporation, its directors, officers and other employees may, from time to time, have positions in the securities mentioned herein.
This news is published on the Investorideas.com Newswire - a global digital news source for investors and business leaders
Disclaimer/Disclosure: Investorideas.com is a digital publisher of third party sourced news, articles and equity research as well as creates original content, including video, interviews and articles. Original content created by investorideas is protected by copyright laws other than syndication rights. Our site does not make recommendations for purchases or sale of stocks, services or products. Nothing on our sites should be construed as an offer or solicitation to buy or sell products or securities. All investing involves risk and possible losses. This site is currently compensated for news publication and distribution, social media and marketing, content creation and more. Disclosure is posted for each compensated news release, content published /created if required but otherwise the news was not compensated for and was published for the sole interest of our readers and followers. Contact management and IR of each company directly regarding specific questions.
More disclaimer info: https://www.investorideas.com/About/Disclaimer.asp Learn more about publishing your news release and our other news services on the Investorideas.com newswire https://www.investorideas.com/News-Upload/ and tickertagstocknews.com