CryoLife Shares Trade 18% Higher on Q1 Financial Results
Source: Streetwise Reports
May 3, 2021 (Investorideas.com Newswire) Shares of CryoLife Inc. set a new 52-week high intraday price after the company reported that total revenues in Q1/21 increased by 7% YoY to $71.1 million.
After U.S. financial markets closed for trading yesterday, cardiac and vascular surgery company CryoLife Inc. (CRY:NYSE), which specializes in aortic disease, announced financial results for the first quarter of 2021 ended March 31, 2021.
CryoLife's President and CEO Pat Mackin remarked, "Despite the ongoing impact of COVID-19 on our business, we saw our business return to growth on both a GAAP and proforma constant currency basis in the first quarter. Growth was driven by our new product launches outside of the U.S., a recovery in procedure volume in the U.S., an improved JOTEC inventory position and our international expansion efforts, evidenced by double digit revenue growth in both Asia and Europe."
"Additionally, we made progress on our regulatory strategy and are on-track to file PMAs for PerClot and PROACT Mitral later in 2021, which should help drive growth in 2022 and 2023. We also made solid progress on enrollment in our PROACT Xa clinical trial and advanced R&D programs that should deliver additional growth opportunities beginning in 2024. We are optimistic that the second half of 2021 will be the start of a prolonged period of growth for CryoLife," CEO Mackin added.
The company reported that total revenues in Q1/21 increased by 7% on a GAAP basis and 3% on a non-GAAP proforma constant currency basis to $71.087 million, compared to $66.429 million in Q1/20.
The firm posted a net loss of $3.1 million, or $0.08 per fully diluted common share, in Q1/21, versus a net loss of $6.7 million, or $0.18 per fully diluted common share during Q1/20. During the same time period CryoLife advised that non-GAAP net income in Q1/21 was $1.4 million, or $0.03 per fully diluted common share, compared to a non-GAAP net loss of $2.7 million, or $0.07 per fully diluted common share in Q1/20.
The company noted that the revenue and earnings data presented in the release was preliminary and that it plans to submit the final data in its Form 10-Q on April 30, 2021.
The company stated that at this time it is not prepared to issue any FY/21 financial guidance due uncertainties that still exist from the COVID-19 global pandemic, especially in Europe.
CryoLife manufactures, processes and distributes medical devices and implantable tissues that are then utilized during cardiac and vascular surgeries primarily involving aortic repair. In addition to providing preserved human cardiac and vascular tissues, the firm's product line includes cardiac lasers, prosthetic heart valves, surgical adhesives and sealants and other related medical devices. The company is based the Atlanta, Ga., metro area and markets its and sells its products in over 100 countries. CryoLife claims on its website that it has helped more than 1 million patients worldwide since its inception in 1984. The firm stated that in total 56,629 of its cardiac valves have been implanted and over 2 million Bio Glue procedures have been performed worldwide.
CryoLife started off the day with a market cap of around $918.9 million with approximately 39.1 million shares outstanding and a short interest of about 9.3%. CRY shares opened almost 5% higher today at $24.61 (+$1.12, +4.77%) over yesterday's $23.49 closing price and reached a new 52-week high price this morning of $29.09. The stock has traded today between $24.58 and $29.09 per share and at present is trading at $27.64 (+$4.15, +17.67%).
1) Stephen Hytha compiled this article for Streetwise Reports LLC and provides services to Streetwise Reports as an independent contractor. He or members of his household own securities of the following companies mentioned in the article: None. He or members of his household are paid by the following companies mentioned in this article: None.
2) The following companies mentioned in this article are billboard sponsors of Streetwise Reports: None. Click here for important disclosures about sponsor fees.
3) Comments and opinions expressed are those of the specific experts and not of Streetwise Reports or its officers. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security.
5) From time to time, Streetwise Reports LLC and its directors, officers, employees or members of their families, as well as persons interviewed for articles and interviews on the site, may have a long or short position in securities mentioned. Directors, officers, employees or members of their immediate families are prohibited from making purchases and/or sales of those securities in the open market or otherwise from the time of the decision to publish an article until three business days after the publication of the article. The foregoing prohibition does not apply to articles that in substance only restate previously published company releases.
6) This article does not constitute medical advice. Officers, employees and contributors to Streetwise Reports are not licensed medical professionals. Readers should always contact their healthcare professionals for medical advice.
This news is published on the Investorideas.com Newswire - a global digital news source for investors and business leaders
Disclaimer/Disclosure: Investorideas.com is a digital publisher of third party sourced news, articles and equity research as well as creates original content, including video, interviews and articles. Original content created by investorideas is protected by copyright laws other than syndication rights. Our site does not make recommendations for purchases or sale of stocks, services or products. Nothing on our sites should be construed as an offer or solicitation to buy or sell products or securities. All investing involves risk and possible losses. This site is currently compensated for news publication and distribution, social media and marketing, content creation and more. Disclosure is posted for each compensated news release, content published /created if required but otherwise the news was not compensated for and was published for the sole interest of our readers and followers. Contact management and IR of each company directly regarding specific questions.
More disclaimer info: https://www.investorideas.com/About/Disclaimer.asp Learn more about publishing your news release and our other news services on the Investorideas.com newswire https://www.investorideas.com/News-Upload/ and tickertagstocknews.com