Cloud / AI Stocks News Bites: CrowdStrike (Nasdaq: $CRWD) Reports Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2020 Financial Results
$CRWD trading at $47.35+5.61 (+13.44%)
SUNNYVALE, Calif - March 20, 2020 (Investorideas.com Newswire) Cloud / AI Stock News Bites - CrowdStrike Holdings, Inc., (Nasdaq: CRWD), a leader in cloud-delivered endpoint protection, today announced financial results for the fourth quarter and fiscal year 2020 ended January 31, 2020.
"CrowdStrike delivered a record-setting fourth quarter to conclude an exceptional fiscal year. With ARR reaching $600 million, we continued to see broad strength in multiple areas of the business during the quarter, including 90% year-over-year subscription revenue growth, record net new ARR and an acceleration in net new customers. Throughout this past year, we continued to execute on the increasing demand we see in the market and the Security Cloud vision we pioneered. Looking into fiscal 2021 and beyond, the powerful combination of our cloud-native platform and frictionless go-to-market positions us well as the fundamental endpoint platform for the future," said George Kurtz, CrowdStrike's co-founder and chief executive officer.
Commenting on the company's financial results, Burt Podbere, CrowdStrike's chief financial officer, added, "Fourth quarter results well exceeded our expectations. Our continued robust growth along with our relentless focus on execution and strong unit economics drove improved operating leverage, positive cash flow from operations and positive free cash flow for the quarter and year."
Fourth Quarter Fiscal 2020 Financial Highlights
- Revenue: Total revenue was $152.1 million, an 89% increase, compared to $80.5 million in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2019. Subscription revenue was $138.5 million, a 90% increase, compared to $72.8 million in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2019.
- Annual Recurring Revenue (ARR) increased 92% year-over-year and grew to $600.5 million as of January 31, 2020, of which $98.7 million was net new ARR added in the quarter.
- Subscription Gross Margin:GAAP subscription gross margin was 75%, compared to 70% in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2019. Non-GAAP subscription gross margin was 77%, compared to 70% in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2019.
- Loss from Operations: GAAP loss from operations was $31.1 million, compared to $31.2 million in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2019. Non-GAAP loss from operations was $6.7 million, compared to $28.0 million in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2019.
- Net Loss:GAAP net loss was $28.4 million, compared to $31.3 million in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2019. GAAP net loss per share was $0.14, compared to $0.67 in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2019. Non-GAAP net loss was $3.9 million, or $0.02 on a per share basis, compared to a loss of $28.0 million, or $0.60 on a per share basis, in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2019.
- Cash Flow:Net cash generated from operations was $66.1 million, compared to $15.8 million in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2019. Free cash flow was positive $50.7 million, compared to negative $0.1 million in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2019.
- Cash, cash equivalents and marketable securitiesincreased to $912.1 million as of January 31, 2020.
Full Year Fiscal 2020 Financial Highlights
- Revenue: Total revenue was $481.4 million, a 93% increase, compared to $249.8 million in fiscal 2019. Subscription revenue was $436.3 million, a 99% increase, compared to $219.4 million in fiscal 2019.
- Subscription Gross Margin:GAAP subscription gross margin was 74%, compared to 68% in fiscal 2019. Non-GAAP subscription gross margin was 75%, compared to 69% in fiscal 2019.
- Loss from Operations: GAAP loss from operations was $146.1 million, compared to $136.9 million in fiscal 2019. Non-GAAP loss from operations was $65.6 million, compared to $115.8 million in fiscal 2019.
- Net Loss:GAAP net loss was $141.8 million, compared to $140.1 million in fiscal 2019. GAAP net loss per share was $0.96, compared to $3.12 in fiscal 2019. Non-GAAP net loss was $62.6 million, compared to $119.0 million in fiscal 2019. Non-GAAP net loss per share was $0.42, compared to $2.65 in fiscal 2019.
- Cash Flow:Net cash generated from operations was $99.9 million, compared to a use of $23.0 million in fiscal 2019. Free cash flow was positive $12.5 million, compared to negative $65.6 million in fiscal 2019.
- Added a record 870 net new subscription customers in the quarter for a total of 5,431 subscription customers as of January 31, 2020, representing 116% growth year-over-year.
- CrowdStrike's subscription customers that have adopted five or more cloud modules increased to 33% as of January 31, 2020.
- Launched CrowdStrike Falcon Spotlight™ App for Security Operations, which integrates real-time endpoint vulnerability data and patch validation with prioritization and response workflows provided by ServiceNow and is available in the ServiceNow Store.
- Announced extending the capabilities of the CrowdStrike Falcon® platform's award-winning endpoint protection and endpoint detection and response (EDR) to provide visibility specific to workloads hosted on Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and Microsoft Azure and to provide EDR and run-time protection for containers. Falcon will now provide comprehensive visibility into all three leading public clouds.
- Introduced Endpoint Recovery Services to accelerate incident response and remediation. This new offering combines the power of the CrowdStrike Falcon platform, threat intelligence, and real-time response to accelerate business recovery from cyber intrusions.
- Promoted Michael Sentonas to chief technology officer. Sentonas joined CrowdStrike in 2016 and most recently served as the company's vice president of technology strategy.
Read the full company press release and disclaimer here:
Visit Investorideas.com stocks directory for tech/AI cloud stocks
About Investorideas.com - News that Inspires Big Investing Ideas Investorideas.com is a recognized news source publishing third party news, research and original financial content. Learn about investing in stocks and sector trends with our news alerts, articles, podcasts and videos, looking at cannabis, crypto, AI and IoT, mining, sports biotech, water, renewable energy and more. Investor Idea's original branded content includes the following podcasts and columns : Crypto Corner , Play by Play sports and stock news column, Investor Ideas Potcasts Cannabis News and Stocks on the Move podcast and column, Cleantech and Climate Change , Exploring Mining the AI Eye .
Stock Bites is a branded product of Investorideas.com Disclaimer/Disclosure: Investorideas.com is a digital publisher of third party sourced news, articles and equity research as well as creates original content, including video, interviews and articles. Original content created by investorideas is protected by copyright laws other than syndication rights. Our site does not make recommendations for purchases or sale of stocks, services or products. Nothing on our sites should be construed as an offer or solicitation to buy or sell products or securities. All investing involves risk and possible losses. This site is currently compensated for news publication and distribution, social media and marketing, content creation and more. Disclosure is posted for each compensated news release, content published /created if required but otherwise the news was not compensated for and was published for the sole interest of our readers and followers. Contact management and IR of each company directly regarding specific questions. This stock bites news release publication is available as a paid for service on Investorideas.com https://www.investorideas.com/News-Upload/
More disclaimer info: https://www.investorideas.com/About/Disclaimer.asp Learn more about publishing your news release and our other news services on the Investorideas.com newswire https://www.investorideas.com/News-Upload/ and tickertagstocknews.com
Follow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/Investorideas
Follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Investorideas
Follow us on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/c/Investorideas
Download our Mobile App for iPhone and Android
Get free investor news alerts
Join our Investor Club https://www.investorideas.com/membership/
800 665 0411