Beverage / Health and Wellness Stock News Bites: Celsius Holdings (NASDAQ: $CELH) Delivers Record Annual Revenue of $75 Million, Up 43%
Annual Domestic Revenue Increases 53% to $60 Million
Distribution Expansion and Robust Demand Drive Year-over-Year Growth of 66% for Fourth Quarter
Boca Raton, FL - March 12, 2020 (Investorideas.com Newswire) Beverage / Health and Wellness Stock News Bites - Celsius Holdings, Inc. (Nasdaq: CELH), maker of the leading global fitness drink, CELSIUS®, today reported financial results for the year and quarter ended December 31, 2019.
Full Year 2019 Financial and Business Highlights:
- Record high revenue of $75.1 million, up 43% from $52.6 million in 2018
- Domestic revenue increased 53% to $59.7 million, up from $38.9 million in 2018
- International revenue increased 13% to $15.5 million, up from $13.7 million in 2018
- Gross profit increased 49% to $31.3 million, up from $21.1 million in 2018
- Net income to common stockholders was $10.0 million, inclusive of a $12.5 million net gain related to a change in the company's business model in Asia, compared to a net loss to common stockholders of $11.4 million, inclusive of $7.2 million net investment in Asia and a $1.0 million legal settlement in 2018
- Non-GAAP Adjusted EBITDA* of $4.0 million compared to $2.2 million in 2018
2019 Fourth Quarter Financial and Business Highlights:
- Record revenue of $24.1 million, up 64% from $14.7 million in the year ago quarter
- Domestic revenue increased 56% to $17.1 million, up from $10.9 million in the year ago quarter
- International revenue increased 89% to $7.1 million, up from $3.7 million in the year ago quarter
- Gross profit of $10.1 million, up 85% from $5.4 million in the year ago quarter
- Net loss to common stockholders was $1.2 million compared to a net loss to common stockholders of $893,000 in the year ago quarter
- Non-GAAP Adjusted EBITDA* was $607,000 compared to $135,000 in the year ago quarter
* The Company reports financial results in accordance with accounting principles generally accepted in the United States (“GAAP”), but management believes that disclosure of adjusted EBITDA, a non-GAAP financial measure, may provide users with additional insights into operating performance.
Subsequent to Year End:
- On March 3, 2020, Celsius announced a nationwide launch with Walmart in over 1,500 locations; In addition, 5th SKU launched in over 1,300 Target stores nationally
- DSD (Direct store Delivery) distributors grew to over 100 partners compared to 50 when Celsius first highlighted this strategy on their July 16, 2019 press release, 50% of newly launched Walmart stores will be serviced by DSD, with additional stores to layer on DSD platform
- Same store sales growth historically has increased an incremental 40% when shifted to DSD platform
- Launch of new CELSIUS HEAT™ Jackfruit flavor in conjunction with new can design for the HEAT Line
"This past year was highlighted by a number of significant accomplishments that not only contributed to an exceptional 2019, but also provide us with tremendous momentum into 2020 and beyond," said John Fieldly, President and Chief Executive Officer. "We grew our revenue exponentially setting record highs both for the full year and each quarter through 2019, all while generating positive cash flow. In addition, we reengineered our business model in China, growing our infrastructure, and expanded our distribution with the addition of new channels to support higher volumes. We enhanced our portfolio with new, innovative products and flavors, and our brand is more widely recognized than ever before."
Fieldly continued, "Looking ahead, we have plans in place and initiatives underway to further leverage our expanding distribution and continue to build our global brand equity. This positions our CELSIUS® portfolio as a global leader in health & wellness, which we believe will drive continued growth and success in 2020."
Read the company's full news and disclaimer here:
Research more beverage stocks with our beverage stock s directory
Research more health and wellness stocks with our stock directory
About Investorideas.com - News that Inspires Big Investing Ideas Investorideas.com is a recognized news source publishing third party news, research and original financial content. Learn about investing in stocks and sector trends with our news alerts, articles, podcasts and videos, looking at cannabis, crypto, AI and IoT, mining, sports biotech, water, renewable energy and more. Investor Idea's original branded content includes the following podcasts and columns : Crypto Corner , Play by Play sports and stock news column, Investor Ideas Potcasts Cannabis News and Stocks on the Move podcast and column, Cleantech and Climate Change , Exploring Mining the AI Eye .
Stock Bites is a branded product of Investorideas.com
Disclaimer/Disclosure: Investorideas.com is a digital publisher of third party sourced news, articles and equity research as well as creates original content, including video, interviews and articles. Original content created by investorideas is protected by copyright laws other than syndication rights. Our site does not make recommendations for purchases or sale of stocks, services or products. Nothing on our sites should be construed as an offer or solicitation to buy or sell products or securities. All investing involves risk and possible losses. This site is currently compensated for news publication and distribution, social media and marketing, content creation and more. Disclosure is posted for each compensated news release, content published /created if required but otherwise the news was not compensated for and was published for the sole interest of our readers and followers. Contact management and IR of each company directly regarding specific questions. This stock bites news release publication is available as a paid for service on Investorideas.com https://www.investorideas.com/News-Upload/
More disclaimer info: https://www.investorideas.com/About/Disclaimer.asp Learn more about publishing your news release and our other news services on the Investorideas.com newswire https://www.investorideas.com/News-Upload/ and tickertagstocknews.com
Follow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/Investorideas
Follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Investorideas
Follow us on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/c/Investorideas
Download our Mobile App for iPhone and Android
Get free investor news alerts
Join our Investor Club https://www.investorideas.com/membership/
800 665 0411