Investor Ideas Potcasts, Cannabis News and Stocks on the Move; Episode 381 - Beverage Round-Up - (NYSE: CGC), (CSE: BEV) (NYSE: HEXO) (NYSE: TAP) (NASDAQ: TLRY) (NYSE: BUD)
Delta, Kelowna, BC - March 10, 2020 (Investorideas.com Newswire) www.Investorideas.com, a global news source covering leading sectors including marijuana and hemp stocks and its potcast site, www.potcasts.ca release today's podcast edition of cannabis news and stocks to watch plus insight from thought leaders and experts.
Listen to the podcast:
Investor Ideas Potcasts, #Cannabis News and #Stocks on the Move; Episode 381 - Beverage Round-Up - (NYSE: CGC), (CSE: BEV) (NYSE: HEXO) (NYSE: TAP) (NASDAQ: TLRY) (NYSE: BUD)
Today's podcast overview/transcript:
Good afternoon and welcome to another episode of Investorideas.com "Potcast" featuring cannabis news, stocks to watch as well as insights from thought leaders and experts.
In today's podcast we're doing a special beverages round-up, where we look at some of the many cannabis companies aiming to bring their infused beverages to market.
So far no beverages have come out on the market but through Canopy's Tweed and Houseplant Brands, they have revealed some of the potential beverages coming this year.. The company announced back in January that it had revised its expected launch of its beverages.
"Canopy has had seven weeks to work with THC in the brand new beverage facility to scale processes and IP it has developed in the R&D environment," said David Klein, CEO, Canopy Growth. "In order to deliver products that meet our customer's high standards we are electing to revise the launch date while we work through the final details."
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada , with operations near Osoyoos , in the Southern Okanagan region of British Columbia , and in Sacramento California , BevCanna is a branded and white-label manufacturer of cannabis infused beverages; vertically integrated from outdoor cultivation to finished cannabis products.
"2020 is the year of execution for BevCanna and our strategic partners," said John Campbell , Chief Strategy Officer at BevCanna. "We've built a solid foundation across businesses and we are now ready to turn the corner to begin commercializing our operations and generating substantial revenue."
Mr. Campbell tabled the following strategic objectives for BevCanna for the balance of 2020:
- BevCanna will become Canada's largest organic outdoor cannabis cultivator. Our 292-acre farm is located in the Southern Okanagan region of British Columbia , an area with similar climatic attributes to Humboldt County, CA - California's prime outdoor cannabis growing region. Production costs are also roughly one-seventh the cost of indoor/greenhouse cannabis cultivation, giving the company a sustainable competitive advantage. Production output is estimated at 400,000-500,000 lbs. of biomass annually. Outdoor cannabis production, in addition to being environmentally friendly and sustainable, offers a broader, more intense, and deeply penetrating spectrum of light, which improves flavor profiles. This allows outdoor-grown plants to more fully express their genetic potential.
- BevCanna will commence white-label beverage production in Canada by Q3-2020. The Company will manufacture beverages for other Canadian licensed producers who wish to leverage their brands' equity to create infused beverages. The high regulatory barriers to entry for cannabis-infused beverages is proving challenging for many licensed producers that wish to expand their brands into this emerging category. Beverages are BevCanna's core expertise and BevCanna's world-class bottling facility has been designed with maximum flexibility, to cover a wide array of bottle sizes and form factors, allowing the company to fully service its white label client needs.
- BevCanna will commercialize its house brands, Anarchist Mountain and Grüv Beverages, selling these product lines in Canadian licensed retailers by Q4-2020. The initial launch will focus on the BC, ON, AB, and SK markets. Anarchist Mountain, a lightly sparkling botanical-flavored line of alkaline spring water beverages, will be available in varying amounts of THC (10mg, 7.5mg, 5mg), and Grüv, a line of iced tea flavours, will be available with a 1:1 cannabinoid ratio (5mg THC and 5mg CBD).
- BevCanna will finalize its previously announced joint venture with Bloom, and commercialize Bloom branded cannabis concentrates and extracts, selling these product lines in Canadian licensed retailers by Q4-2020. The Company has an LOI with an intent to enter into a definitive agreement with high-profile cannabis operator company, Capna Intellectual, Inc. to bring its leading multi-state cannabis vape brand, Bloom, to Canada . BevCanna will manufacture and sell Bloom branded products including cannabis concentrates and extracts, in Canada . BevCanna will also acquire exclusive licensing and manufacturing rights to select product formats, technology and branding assets of Bloom.
- BevCanna will commercialize our proprietary THC water-soluble powder technology in California . This will be launched under a house brand name, to be announced in March 2020 , through a pilot launch in select dispensaries in Sacramento, CA. Full commercial product launch across California is planned for Q2-2020.
- BevCanna will commercialize the Anarchist Mountain and Grüv Beverages brands' ready-to-drink formats in California licensed retailers by Q3-2020. Through co-packing and distribution arrangements currently in progress, BevCanna plans to launch a full-form factor product line up in the state of California by the third quarter, ranging from water-soluble powders to ready-to-drink beverages.
- BevCanna will introduce our Hemp-Derived CBD powder and ready-to-drink beverage lines into Europe , through local co-packing and distribution arrangements with Mota Ventures and their subsidiary Sativida, the Company's exclusive European joint venture partners. According to Grand View Research, the global CBD market is expected to reach $23.6B over the next five years. Brightfield Group projects the European CBD market to grow by 400% over the next four years.
BevCanna also recently announced that it has entered into a marketing and investor relations agreement dated February 17th, 2020 with Aktiencheck.de AG pursuant to which the Consultant has agreed to provide certain corporate branding, marketing, online corporate communications and investor relations services to the Company for a term of one month, for total cash consideration of €50,000, which was paid upon entry into the Agreement.
Like Canopy Growth and Constellation Brands, Hexo Corp. (TSX:HEXO)(NYSE: HEXO) who partnered with Molson Coors Beverage Company (NYSE:TAP) to create their beverage focussed joint venture Truss Beverages.
Truss announced, back in October of 2019, their partnership with Flow Glow™ Beverages Inc. - the team behind Flow Alkaline Spring Water - to manufacture and distribute a CBD-infused spring water. Flow Glow™ Beverages' flavoured CBD-infused spring water will be one of six cannabis beverage brands within the Truss Beverage Co. product portfolio.
"As a cannabis beverage specialist we're excited to partner with the team behind Flow Alkaline Spring Water, a beverage brand Canadians know and love, on a CBD-infused spring water to round-out our product portfolio for launch," says Brett Vye, CEO, Truss Beverage Co. "The newly formed Flow Glow™ Beverages Inc. will produce products that are an important part of our Truss beverage line-up. We can't wait to bring Flow Glow™ and our other Truss cannabis beverages to market.
Flow Glow™ is the first, and so far only, brand partnership for Truss Beverage Co., and will be one of six brands within the Truss beverage portfolio for launch. At launch, Flow Glow™ will be available in two flavours: Goji+Grapefruit and Raspberry+Lemon. Each flavour will contain 10mg of CBD.
"We know CBD products are in high demand in Canada, especially within the growing self-care space. The Truss product portfolio will include a range of products with CBD, THC or both," says Vye. "In line with our other Truss beverage offerings, Flow Glow™ offers new and existing cannabis consumers of legal age the opportunity to begin exploring the wonders of cannabis in a way that's right for them personally."
"With more than 80% of the Truss portfolio of products being low-to-mid level dose, we'll offer safe, consistent and unique beverages for every adult consumer and a full range of occasions," says Vye. "Flow Glow™ CBD spring water is just one of the wonderful new products Truss will be bringing to market for Canadians to enjoy and explore."
In one of last week's podcasts I discussed Valens GroWorks Corp. (TSXV: VLNS) (OTCQX: VLNCF), a global leader in the end-to-end development and manufacturing of innovative, cannabinoid-based products, who announced the launch of a line of cannabis-infused beverages, produced under a white label agreement with A1 Cannabis Company (a subsidiary of Iconic Brewing). The launch demonstrates Valens' leadership and excellence in the development and manufacturing of Cannabis 2.0 products, as the Company continues to successfully commercialize cannabis-infused beverages within the Canadian market.
The new line of beverages includes BASECAMP, a CBD-forward iced tea, and SUMMIT, a THC-forward citrus water. BASECAMP will be available at select retailers throughout Ontario in the coming days, with additional markets expected to follow. SUMMIT is expected to be available at select stores in the coming weeks.
SUMMIT and BASECAMP were developed using the SōRSE by Valens emulsion technology which transforms cannabis oil into water-soluble forms for use in beverages, edibles, topicals and other consumer products while eliminating cannabis taste, colour or smell. The technology provides a number of advantages including faster observed onset times compared to other infused beverages and edibles; a significant reduction of offset time; an ability to use lower doses of cannabinoids due to enhanced bioavailability; and increased consistency and stability with the potential to achieve more than one-year shelf life.
"Our agreement with A1 demonstrates the strategic value of partnering with leading companies that share our vision and reinforces our commitment to launching the Cannabis 2.0 products that consumers are looking for," said Tyler Robson, CEO of Valens. "This is the next step in the execution of our strategy to introduce innovative, high-quality products that deliver safe and customized user experiences."
Another large scale producer Tilray Inc. (NASDAQ: TLRY), who partnered with Anheuser-Busch InBev (NYSE:BUD), also has beverages coming soon through their wholly-owned subsidiary High Park Holdings Ltd.
High Park recently introduced its phase two adult-use products launching across Canada in 2020. The new additions will include new confectionery brand Chowie Wowie™; new wellness brand Rmdy.™; new beverage brand Everie, developed by Fluent, and brings to the Canadian market beloved US brands Marley Natural™ and Goodship™. An assortment of High Park's "cannabis 2.0" products shipped on December 16, 2019 and are expected to be available to consumers in early 2020.
High Park is still expected to roll-out new brands and products in early 2020 to select markets across Canada, including Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, Nova Scotia and Saskatchewan. Product offerings will expand to additional markets throughout the year.
Their beverage brand, Fluent, High Park's joint venture with Labatt Breweries of Canada, is introducing Everie, their debut brand of non-alcoholic CBD-infused beverages, with 98% pure CBD isolate and all natural flavours. Everie will launch with ready-to-brew teas followed by sparkling beverages.
Now outside of the Public Markets some smaller companies have already launched their beverage products and seen heavy initial demand.
Oh Hi Beverages, coming out of Colorado is a small-batch company that produces and packages in Durango, Colorado. Oh Hi Seltzer is one of the few water-soluble THC infused drinks on the market. Their fast acting, refreshing, and handcrafted cannabis seltzers are sure to enhance all of life's endeavors. Oh Hi was forged through the collective passion of our owner's hard work to create, test, and deliver on this amazing cannabis infused seltzer. Their team strives to create high-quality, health-conscious cannabis enhanced products to help you live your life to the fullest. Oh Hi believes in living with passion, consciousness, quality, and above all else, fun. Oh Hi THC infused seltzers are made to elevate experiences for adults through responsible cannabis use.
There is also HI Fi Hops, which is a joint effort of Lagunitas and AbsoluteXtracts.
Tony Magee, who founded Lagunitas in 1993, always said "It takes a lot of good weed to make great beer" and in 2017, the Lagunitas team found a way to literally bridge that gap with their friends and neighbors up-the-street at AbsoluteXtracts. Their first project, SuperCritical, resulted in two tasty innovations: a vape with hop terpenes and a beer brewed with cannabis terpenes. The latter, apparently, was illegal. Oops.
Now, Lagunitas and AbsoluteXtracts are dialing things up further, with Hi-Fi Hops. A hoppy sparkling beverage- zero-calories, and zero-carbs-infused with the finest THC & CBD from locally-grown cannabis. The best of both worlds.
Lastly is one of my personal favorites and a group we at Investorideas have interviewed several times, Province Brands. Province Brands of Canada is a cannabis company based in Toronto who has been working on a technology that will give it a unique way to produce cannabis drinks. In October of 2019, it filed a patent application for a strain of yeast that will make its fermentation process much more efficient. Not only will the newly developed strain make it more cost-effective for Province Brands to make beverages, but it'll also give the company more flexibility when it comes to quality and flavor.
Province Brands is the only company out right now with the unique ability to brew beer directly from Hemp and Cannabis plants to produce full-spectrum, non-alcoholic beverages.
Investor ideas reminds all listeners to read our disclaimers and disclosures on the Investorideas.com website and this podcast is not an endorsement to buy products or services or securities. Investors are reminded all investment involves risk and possible loss of investment
Learn more about our cannabis podcasts at https://www.investorideas.com/Audio/Potcasts.asp
To hear more Investorideas.com podcasts visit: https://www.investorideas.com/Audio/.
Investorideas.com podcasts are also available on iTunes, Spotify, Google Play Music, Stitcher, Spreaker, YouTube via Spreaker, iHeartradio and Tunein.
Potcasts is now a certified word mark Trademark on the blockchain through Cognate, Inc. CM Certification-Registration Number: 10468217708
About Investorideas.com - News that Inspires Big Investing Ideas
Investorideas.com is a recognized news source publishing third party news, research and original financial content. Learn about investing in stocks and sector trends with our news alerts, articles, podcasts and videos, looking at cannabis, crypto, AI and IoT, mining, sports biotech, water, renewable energy and more. Investor Idea's original branded content includes the following podcasts and columns: Crypto Corner, Play by Play sports and stock news column, Investor Ideas Potcasts Cannabis News and Stocks on the Move podcast and column, Cleantech and Climate Change, Exploring Mining the AI Eye.
Disclaimer/Disclosure: Investorideas.com is a digital publisher of third party sourced news, articles and equity research as well as creates original content, including video, interviews and articles. Original content created by investorideas is protected by copyright laws other than syndication rights. Our site does not make recommendations for purchases or sale of stocks, services or products. Nothing on our sites should be construed as an offer or solicitation to buy or sell products or securities. All investing involves risk and possible losses. This site is currently compensated for news publication and distribution, social media and marketing, content creation and more. Disclosure is posted for each compensated news release, content published /created if required but otherwise the news was not compensated for and was published for the sole interest of our readers and followers. Contact management and IR of each company directly regarding specific questions.
More disclaimer info: https://www.investorideas.com/About/Disclaimer.asp Learn more about publishing your news release and our other news services on the Investorideas.com newswire https://www.investorideas.com/News-Upload/ and tickertagstocknews.com
Investor Ideas does not condone the use of cannabis except where permissible by law. Our site does not possess, distribute, or sell cannabis products.
Follow us on Cannabis Social Media
Download our Mobile App for iPhone and Android