Consolidated Total Income up for the quarter ended December 31, 2018 by 8% to ₹ 177.11 crore from ₹ 164.05 crore for the quarter ended September 30, 2018.
Consolidated Profit after tax from continuing operations for the quarter ended December 31, 2018 up by 23% to ₹ 50.07 crore from ₹ 40.74 crore for the quarter ended September 30, 2018.
Consolidated Earnings per share from continuing operations for the quarter ended December 31, 2018 up by 23% to ₹ 9.52 per share from ₹ 7.75 per share for the quarter ended September 30, 2018.
- Strong business growth across segments -
- Currency Derivative Segment - Average daily turnover increased by 82% to ₹ 31,384 crore for nine months ended December 31, 2018 from ₹ 17,270 crore for nine months ended December 31, 2017.
- Mutual Fund Segment - Orders processed in Mutual Fund Segment increased by 137% to 253 lakh for nine months ended December 31, 2018 from 107 lakh for nine months ended December 31, 2017.
- India International Exchange (IFSC) Ltd. ("India INX") - Average daily turnover in India INX, BSE's wholly owned subsidiary at GIFT City, Gandhinagar increased by 996% to USD 694 million for nine months ended December 31, 2018 from USD 63 million for nine months ended December 31, 2017.
- Commodity Derivatives Segment - Successfully launched Commodity Derivative segment from October 1, 2018 becoming the first universal exchange in India. Total turnover till December 31, 2018 is ₹ 18,032 crore.
- BSE Startups – BSE has launched ‘BSE Startups', a new platform for entrepreneurs to list their startups on December 22, 2018.
MUMBAI - February 1, 2019 (Investorideas.com Newswire) BSE Ltd. (BSE), Asia's oldest and first universal exchange and World's fastest exchange with a speed of 6 microseconds, announced its unaudited consolidated financial results for the quarter ended December 31, 2018.
Financial Highlights at a Glance:
Business Highlights for the Period Ended December 31, 2018
- Mutual Fund Segment : The number of registered mutual fund distributors increased to 20,082 as on January 31, 2019. The total number of SIPs registered under this segment increased by 35% to 3,97,153 for the nine months ended December 31, 2018 from 2,94,165 for the nine months ended December 31, 2017. The total number of XSIPs registered under this segment increased by 112% to 11,86,087 for the nine months ended December 31, 2018 from 5,59,387 for the nine months ended December 31, 2017. The total number of order processed in the Mutual Fund Segment increased by 137% to 253 lakh for the nine months ended December 31, 2018 from 107 lakh for the nine months ended December 31, 2017. The total value of orders processed in the Mutual Fund Segment increased by 44% to ₹ 1,13,744 crore for the nine months ended December 31, 2018 from ₹ 78,845 crore for the nine months ended December 31, 2017. Further, the total number of orders received in the month of December, 2018 is higher by 108% as compared to the orders received in the month of December, 2017.
BSE StAR MF, India's largest Mutual Funds Distributor platform recorded a new high of 6.40 lakh transactions on December 10, 2018. BSE StAR MF surpassed the earlier highest of 5.94 lakh transactions in a single day on September 10, 2018. The BSE StAR MF telegram group user has crossed 6900 members, as of January 28, 2019. The group has redefined the service standards of Mutual Funds Distributors in India. The robustness and seamlessness of BSE StAR MF, the swiftness of distributors, and query resolution through real-time interaction through BSE StAR MF user's telegram group have created an ideal ecosystem for all stakeholders in India's Mutual Funds Industry. BSE StAR MF creating an overall distribution network of over 2,00,000 in over 3000 cities and towns of India. BSE has once again exhibited that with scalability, the service standards notch higher. As on date more than 2.65 crore unique investors are registered on the platform. In the current fiscal, till 12th Nov 2018, BSE StAR MF has processed nearly 202.49 Lakhs transactions amounting to ₹ 75,000 crore, processing over 32 lakh transactions per month, equivalent to 19% of the annual transactions of FY 2017-18. BSE's market share in this segment for the nine months ended December 31, 2018 stands at 79%.
- Currency Derivative Segment : BSE's average daily turnover in currency derivatives segment has increased by 82% to ₹ 31,384 crore for the nine months ended December 31, 2018 from ₹ 17,270 crore for the nine months ended December 31, 2017. The total contracts too has grown by 67% to 82.06 crore contracts as on December 31, 2018 to 49.01 crore contracts as on December 31, 2017. The growth has been aided by increase in turnover in both currency futures contracts as well as currency options contracts. The average daily turnover in currency futures segment has increased by 89% to ₹ 13,820 crore for the nine months ended December 31, 2018 from ₹ 7,297 crore for the nine months ended December 31, 2017. The average daily turnover in currency options segment has increased by 76% to ₹ 17,564 crore for the nine months ended December 31, 2018 from ₹ 9,973 crore for the nine months ended December 31, 2017. BSE's market share in this segment for the nine months ended December 31, 2018 stands at 47%.
- Commodity Derivatives Segment : BSE became the first universal exchange in India on October 1, 2018 with successful launch of Commodity Derivative segment with the launch of Gold and Silver futures. BSE launched contracts in Oman Crude Oil futures on October 26, 2018 and Copper contracts on November 2, 2018. Over the past one year, BSE has tied up with various associations in the commodities business for growth of and development of commodities derivatives business in India. The entities with whom BSE has tied up includes renowned entities including London Metal Exchange, Dubai Mercantile Exchange, Bombay Metal Exchange, Cotton Association of India, Federation of Indian Spices Stakeholders, Gems Jewellery Council, Bullion Federation etc. Till December 2018, the turnover in this segment has been steadily improving and recorded a turnover of ₹ 18,032 crore as on December 31, 2018. Highest turnover recorded on October 25, 2018 with value of ₹ 621 crore. Of the same, share of Gold derivatives is 89% and Silver derivatives is 11%. BSE's share in this segment (vis-à-vis other domestic exchanges commencing business in commodity derivatives segment in October 2018) as on December 31, 2018 stands at 90%. BSE has registered 200 trading members and 27 clearing members in the commodity derivatives segment as on January 22, 2019.
- India International Exchange (IFSC) Ltd. ("India INX") : Average daily turnover in India INX, BSE's wholly owned subsidiary at GIFT City, Gandhinagar witnessed a phenomenal growth of 996% to USD 694 million for the nine months ended December 31, 2018 from USD 63 million for the nine months ended December 31, 2017. The turnover comprises of significant contribution by Equity Derivatives Segment as well as Commodity Derivatives Segment. The Equity Derivatives Segment contributed to 67% of average daily turnover and the Commodities Derivatives Segment contributed to 33% of average daily turnover for the nine months ended December 31, 2018. BSE's market share in this segment for the nine months period ended on December 31, 2018 is 70%.
- India INX Global Access (IFSC) Ltd. : India INX has launched India INX Global Access IFSC Limited ("Global Access"), it aims to become the leading financial services provider in IFSC GIFT City in the years ahead by facilitating a centralized access to international financial markets for its customers. For participants at GIFT IFSC, Global Access will provide a unified single-window interface for trading on CME Group of exchanges with immediate effect. For members and clients of India INX, Global Access offers a competitive and sustainable value proposition to access global markets in a cost efficient way.
- Power Exchange : BSE along PTC India Limited and ICICI Bank Limited have filed a petition with the power market regulator, CERC (Central Electricity Regulatory Commission) on September 7, 2018 for grant of license for setting up a new power exchange. The same has been admitted by Central Electricity Regulatory Commission (CERC). This proposed institutional exchange, subject to necessary regulatory approvals, would leverage on the experience and expertise of its stakeholders in their fields; knowledge of the power sector, funding of power projects and associated infrastructure, setting-up and running various exchanges and platforms in India, and offer the market participants a credible power trading platform.
- Insurance Broking : BSE has set up a Joint venture with Ebix named BSE Ebix Insurance Broking Private Limited for conducting Insurance Broking business where BSE holds equity stake of 40%. The regulatory approval from Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDA) for the same is awaited.
- BSE Startups : BSE has launched ‘BSE Startups' on December 22, 2018. As part of the launch, the leading bourse also signed MOU with Cornerstone Ventures Investment Advisers LLP and Venture Catalysts Private Limited. The strategic collaboration with the two firms will enable BSE to further incentivise the startup firms in sectors like IT, ITeS, biotechnology and life sciences, 3D printing, space technology and e-commerce. The platform will also help in listing of firms from hi-tech defence, drones, nano technologies, artificial intelligence, big data, virtual reality, e-gaming, robotics, genetic engineering, amongst other sectors.
Commenting on financial performance for the quarter and nine months, Shri Ashishkumar Chauhan, MD & CEO, said: "BSE continues to be the platform of choice for investment in equity, mutual funds and debt securities. The stellar growth in investments being made through StAR Mutual Fund platform reinforces our leadership position in the fintech segment and stands as a testimony to the same. BSE would continue to identify new opportunities in the Exchange and Fintech businesses to promote financial inclusion among the masses in India and help create wealth for all its stakeholders."
BSE (formerly Bombay Stock Exchange) established in 1875, is Asia's fiRs.t & the world's fastest Stock Exchange with a speed of 6 microseconds. BSE is India's leading exchange group and has played a prominent role in developing the Indian capital market. BSE is a corporatized and demutualised entity, with a broad shareholder base that includes the leading global exchange- Deutsche BouRs.e, as a strategic partner. BSE provides an efficient and transparent market for trading in equity, debt instruments, equity derivatives, currency derivatives, interest rate derivatives, mutual funds and stock lending and borrowing.
BSE also has a dedicated platform for trading in equities of small and medium enterprises (SMEs) that has been highly successful. BSE provides a host of other services to capital market participants including risk management, clearing, settlement, market data services and education. It has a global reach with customeRs. around the world and a nation-wide presence. BSE's systems and processes are designed to safeguard market integrity, drive the growth of the Indian capital market and stimulate innovation and competition across all market segments.
Indian Clearing Corporation Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of BSE, acts as the central counterparty to all trades executed on the BSE trading platform and provides full novation, guaranteeing the settlement of all bonafide trades executed. BSE Institute Ltd, another fully owned subsidiary of BSE runs one of the most respected capital market educational institutes in the country. Central Depository Services Ltd. (CDSL), associate company of BSE, is one of the two Depositories in India.
022 2272 8516
DISCLAIMER : The contents of this message may be legally privileged and confidential and are for the use of the intended recipient(s) only. It should not be read, copied and used by anyone other than the intended recipient(s). If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender, preserve its confidentiality and delete it. Before opening any attachments please check them for viruses and defects. DISCLAIMER : The contents of this message may be legally privileged and confidential and are for the use of the intended recipient(s) only. It should not be read, copied and used by anyone other than the intended recipient(s). If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender, preserve its confidentiality and delete it. Before opening any attachments please check them for viruses and defects.
This news is published on the Investorideas.com Newswire - a global digital news source for investors and business leaders
Disclaimer/Disclosure: Investorideas.com is a digital publisher of third party sourced news, articles and equity research as well as creates original content, including video, interviews and articles. Original content created by investorideas is protected by copyright laws other than syndication rights. Our site does not make recommendations for purchases or sale of stocks, services or products. Nothing on our sites should be construed as an offer or solicitation to buy or sell products or securities. All investment involves risk and possible loss of investment. This site is currently compensated for news publication and distribution, social media and marketing, content creation and more. Contact each company directly regarding content and press release questions. Disclosure is posted for each compensated news release, content published /created if required but otherwise the news was not compensated for and was published for the sole interest of our readers and followers. More disclaimer info: https://www.investorideas.com/About/Disclaimer.asp Learn more about publishing your news release on the Investorideas.com newswire https://www.investorideas.com/News-Upload/
Additional info regarding BC Residents and global Investors: Effective September 15 2008 - all BC investors should review all OTC and Pink sheet listed companies for adherence in new disclosure filings and filing appropriate documents with Sedar. Read for more info: https://www.bcsc.bc.ca/release.aspx?id=6894. Global investors must adhere to regulations of each country.