Join our smart investors - Get the best stock directories in  blockchain, cannabis, crypto, AI, IoT, cleantech. Daily podcasts in cannabis and crpto. Just $99  a year

Gov. Brown signs historic bill putting California on the path to 100% clean energy

Signing of SB100 solidifies California's position as a climate leader


SACRAMENTO - September 10, 2018 ( Newswire) Today, California Gov. Jerry Brown signed Senate Bill 100 (SB100) into law, setting the fifth largest economy in the world on a path to 100 percent renewable energy by 2045. SB100 builds on California's clean energy leadership by establishing bold new clean energy targets for the state. California is now the largest global economy to commit to 100 percent renewable energy.

In response, Sierra Club Executive Director Michael Brune released the following statement:

"It's impossible to overstate how significant it is for a state as large and influential as California to commit to 100 percent clean energy.

"California is showing the world that a transition to 100 percent clean energy is within reach and it will continue to drive the transition away from fossil fuels - and it is doing this while the federal government abandons clean energy.

"Senate Bill 100 reflects the state's commitment to reduce climate and air pollution, and it builds on the ingenuity and the strength of its workforce.

"Today, over 90 percent of Californians live in an area where the air is unhealthy to breathe. Leaving dirty fuels behind is the only way to deliver clean, breathable air, especially in the communities of color and low-income communities that are home to dirty fossil fuel infrastructure. Moving to 100 percent clean energy will protect all Californians from the dangers of fossil fuel pollution.

"California has long been a leader. Now, its commitment to 100 percent clean energy will serve to inspire even more leadership throughout the country and around the globe in the transition away from fossil fuels."

Background on Senate Bill 100:

Senate Bill 100 (SB100) will move California away from dirty fuels like methane gas and towards 100% clean, zero-carbon and renewable sources of energy like wind, solar, and geothermal.

SB100, includes an amendment to California's Renewable Portfolio Standard (RPS). An RPS is a regulatory standard requiring a certain amount of energy to come from renewable sources like solar and wind. Currently, the California's RPS requires half of all electricity delivered by utilities to come from renewable sources of energy by 2030.

SB100 builds on California's clean energy leadership by establishing bold new targets for the state. SB100 creates a new RPS target of 60 percent of the electricity in our state generated by from renewable sources by 2030. It also establishes that the remaining 40 percent come from zero-carbon sources by 2045. The legislation creates flexibility for California between 2030 and 2045 for new clean, renewable technologies to emerge as the state pursues 100 percent clean energy by 2045. investing ideas in oil and gas stocks

Like Oil and Gas Stocks? View our Oil and Gas Stocks Directory

Get News Alerts on Energy Stocks

More Info: Newswire

This news is published on the Newswire - a global digital news source for investors and business leaders

Disclaimer/Disclosure: is a digital publisher of third party sourced news, articles and equity research as well as creates original content, including video, interviews and articles. Original content created by investorideas is protected by copyright laws other than syndication rights. Our site does not make recommendations for purchases or sale of stocks, services or products. Nothing on our sites should be construed as an offer or solicitation to buy or sell products or securities. All investment involves risk and possible loss of investment. This site is currently compensated for news publication and distribution, social media and marketing, content creation and more. Contact each company directly regarding content and press release questions. Disclosure is posted for each compensated news release, content published /created if required but otherwise the news was not compensated for and was published for the sole interest of our readers and followers. More disclaimer info: Learn more about publishing your news release on the newswire

Additional info regarding BC Residents and global Investors: Effective September 15 2008 - all BC investors should review all OTC and Pink sheet listed companies for adherence in new disclosure filings and filing appropriate documents with Sedar. Read for more info: Global investors must adhere to regulations of each country.

Please read privacy policy: