Investor Ideas #Potcasts; #Cannabis News and Stocks on the Move; TSXV: $OGI.V, TSX: $ACB.TO, TSXV: $ALEF.V, TSXV: $EMH.V
July 30th Potcast sponsored by Lexaria Bioscience Corp. (CSE: $LXX.C) (OTC: $LXRP) a #Cannabis company with a new disruptive drug delivery platform: DehydraTECH
Delta, Kelowna, BC - July 30, 2018 (Investorideas.com Newswire) www.Investorideas.com, a global news source covering leading sectors including marijuana and hemp stocks and its "potcast' site, www.potcasts.ca release today's edition of its series, Investorideas.com potcastsCM - cannabis news and stocks to watch plus insight from thought leaders and experts.
Listen to the podcast:
Investor Ideas #Potcasts #Cannabis News and Stocks on the Move: TSXV: $OGI.V, TSX: $ACB.TO, TSXV: $ALEF.V , TSXV: $EMH.V
Today's podcast overview/transcript:
Good morning and welcome to another Investorideas.com potcast - looking at cannabis news, stocks to watch as well as insights from thought leaders and experts.
Today's potcast was sponsored by Kelowna based Lexaria Bioscience Corp trading on the CSE under symbol LXX and on the OTC as LXRP. Lexaria has developed a new disruptive drug delivery platform: DehydraTECH The Company's patented technology changes the way Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients ("APIs") enter the body orally:
1) Masks unwanted tastes - eliminates the need for sugar-filled edibles.
2) Reduces time of onset - effects are felt within 15-20 min vs. 60-120 min.
3) Avoids first-pass liver metabolism
4) Increases bio-absorption by 5-10X
The Company's DehydraTECH™ technology is patent-protected for multiple APIs: Cannabidiol (CBD), Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as ibuprofen, Nicotine and Fat soluble vitamins.
Learn more about Lexaria at www.lexariabioscience.com
Today's podcast features news from Organigram Holdings Inc( TSX-VENTURE: OGI and OTCQB: OGRMF), Aurora Cannabis Inc. (TSX: ACB and OTCQB: ACBFF), Aleafia Health Inc. (TSX-VENTURE: ALEF) , Emerald Health Therapeutics, Inc. (TSX-VENTURE: EMH) and Village Farms International, Inc. (TSX : VFF and OTC: VFFIF) .
Organigram Holdings Inc., the parent company of Organigram Inc., a leading licensed producer of medical marijuana based in Moncton, New Brunswick, announced its financial results for the three and nine-months ended May 31, 2018.
Some of the operational highlights include:
- Organigram began harvesting from its Phase 2 expansion facility (23 grow rooms) on April 20, 2018 bringing its target production of dried flower equivalent to 22,000 kg/annum;
- In May the Company launched its adult recreational brand strategy which included house brands such as The Edison Cannabis Company, ANKR Organics and Trailer Park Buds;
- In May Organigram received a "License for Controlled Drugs and Substances" from Health Canada making the Company a Licensed Dealer;
- In May the Company received its "Permit to Export Cannabis" license which allowed Organigram the ability to make its first international medical shipment to Australia (completed in July);
- Shortly after quarter-end the Company began use of its Phase 3 expansion filling six of the 16 grow rooms with the remaining rooms filled in June and July bringing its target production of dried flower equivalent to 36,000 kg/annum; and
- Announced strategic investments in: Hyasynth Biologicals, Alpha-Cannabis Germany, and Eviana (see previous press releases for more details) which all are expected to close in the calendar third quarter.
Some of the financial highlights included:
- Record net sales for both the three-months and nine-months ended May 31, 2018 of $3.7 million and $10.1 million respectively vs. $1.9 million and $3.6 million respectively for 2017;
- Record sale volume of cannabis oil for the three-months ended May 31, 2018 (768,400 milliliters) up 39% from Q2/18 (552,250) and up 452% from Q3/17 (139,200 milliliters);
- Record sales volume of dried flower (303,428 grams) for the three-months ended up 28% from Q2/18 (237,650 grams) and up 55% from Q3/17 (196,129 grams);
- Record yields per plant in the quarter ended May 31, 2018 (see MD&A for further details);
- Cost of cultivation per gram of dried flower harvested of $0.80 per gram "all-in" (direct labour and materials, allocated overhead and depreciation) and $0.58/gram excluding depreciation. Note that cost of cultivation is a non-GAAP measure used by management internally and does not include indirect production, packaging or shipping costs (see financial statements and MD&A for further details);
- Registered medical patients climbed to a record 15,316 by the end of Q3 up 18% since Q2 (12,957);
- Impairment of goodwill on its 2017 acquisition of Trauma Healing Centres in the amount of $1.2 million related to "right sizing" of the business opportunity;
- Net interest expense of $3.7 million for the quarter primarily attributable to the interest expense on $115 million of convertible debentures issued on January 31, 2018; and
- Net income of $2.8 million, an increase of 162% compared to $1.1 million in Q2-2018 and a loss of $2.3 million in Q3-2017.
Aurora Cannabis Inc. today announced that it has obtained a Health Canada Dealer's License ("Dealer's License") under the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act for its EU GMP certified Aurora Mountain facility in Alberta. The new license will allow Aurora additional opportunities to produce, assemble, and sell cannabis oils and future novel, derivative products from Aurora Mountain, Furthermore, the license provides additional opportunities to transport cannabis products for import from and export to international markets, subject to applicable regulations.
A dealer's license is also critical for expanding research and development capacity as it provides the potential for working with cannabinoids and their derivatives not covered under an ACMPR license. This will enable Aurora and its subsidiaries to drive innovation in the form of marketable intellectual property, and new value-added products.
Aleafia Health Inc., one of Canada's leading, vertically integrated medical cannabis companies with a unique patient-focused, healthcare solution, announced that it has closed its previously announced acquisition of a modern, fully automated 160,000 sq. ft. greenhouse in the Niagara Region.
Renovations at the facility are already underway, with the facility expected to be retrofitted and licensed before the end of 2018, with a first harvest expected in spring 2019. The facility will join Aleafia's existing licenced facility in Scugog, Ontario, which is expected to undergo a 150,000 sq. ft. expansion.
Emerald Health Therapeutics, Inc. and Village Farms International, Inc. today announced that their 50/50 joint venture for large-scale, low-cost, high-quality cannabis production, Pure Sunfarms, has received its cannabis sales license from Health Canada. Pure Sunfarms is now permitted to immediately begin selling product from its expanding inventory of high-quality dried cannabis, including to Emerald Health Therapeutics, under their previously announced supply agreement, as well as to address significant demand from other licensed producers. This sales license also positions Pure Sunfarms to secure supply agreements with provincial government distributors for the imminent legal adult-use marketplace.
Investor ideas reminds all listeners to read our disclaimers and disclosures on the Investorideas.com website and this podcast is not an endorsement to buy products or services or securities. Investors are reminded all investment involves risk and possible loss of investment
Lexaria Bioscience Corp. has developed and out-licenses its disruptive delivery technology that promotes healthier ingestion methods, lower overall dosing and higher effectiveness of lipophilic active molecules. Lexaria has multiple patents pending in over 40 countries around the world and has patents granted in the USA and in Australia for utilization of its DehydraTECHTM delivery technology. Lexaria's technology provides increases in intestinal absorption rates; more rapid delivery to the bloodstream; and important taste-masking benefits, for orally administered bioactive molecules including cannabinoids, vitamins, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), nicotine and other molecules. www.lexariabioscience.com
Subscribe to the new cannabis podcast series:
To hear more Investorideas.com podcasts visit: http://www.investorideas.com/Audio/.
Investorideas.com podcasts are also available on iTunes, Google Play Music, Stitcher and Tunein.
Potcasts is now a certified word mark Trademark on the blockchain through Cognate, Inc. CM Certification-Registration Number: 10468217708
About Investorideas.com - News that Inspires Big Ideas
Investorideas.com is a meeting place for global investors, featuring news, stock directories, video, company profiles, interviews and more in leading sectors.
Investorideas.com cannabis/marijuana and hemp content now includes http://cannabisstocknews.blogspot.com on Blogger.com: the Investorideas.com news and stock directory pages, a cannabis investor group on Linkedin.com , the 420 Cannabis Investor ideas www.420cannabisinvestorideas.com, and the new AI site Global Cannabis Investing at www.Globalcannabisinvesting.com
Disclaimer/Disclosure: Investorideas.com is a digital publisher of third party sourced news, articles and equity research as well as creates original content, including video, interviews and articles. Original content created by investorideas is protected by copyright laws other than syndication rights. Our site does not make recommendations for purchases or sale of stocks, services or products. Nothing on our sites should be construed as an offer or solicitation to buy or sell products or securities. All investment involves risk and possible loss of investment. This site is currently compensated for news publication and distribution, social media and marketing, content creation and more. Contact each company directly regarding content and press release questions. Disclosure is posted for each compensated news release, content published /created if required but otherwise the news was not compensated for and was published for the sole interest of our readers and followers. More disclaimer info: http://www.investorideas.com/About/Disclaimer.asp. Disclosure Lexaria Bioscience Corp. ( CSE: LXX) (OTC: LXRP) is a media sponsor of the podcast starting July 5 2018 more info http://www.investorideas.com/About/News/Clientspecifics.asp
Additional info regarding BC Residents and global Investors: Effective September 15 2008 - all BC investors should review all OTC and Pink sheet listed companies for adherence in new disclosure filings and filing appropriate documents with Sedar. Read for more info: http://www.bcsc.bc.ca/release.aspx?id=6894. Global investors must adhere to regulations of each country.
Follow us on Social Media
Do you trade or invest in Marijuana / Hemp Stocks? Check out our stock directory of publicly traded CSE, TSX, TSXV, OTC, NASDAQ, NYSE, ASX Marijuana / Hemp Stocks
Join our Group on Linkedin and talk about - Marijuana / Hemp Stocks - News and Trends in Green Investing