Vancouver #Cannabis Investors Get Insight into Growing Industry Just as Bill C-45 is Passed by Senate
International Cannabis Business Conference (ICBC) in Vancouver June 24th-25th
June 20, 2018 (Investorideas.com Newswire) Investorideas.com, a leader in cannabis investor news and resources, reports on the upcoming International Cannabis Business Conference (ICBC) https://internationalcbc.com, being held in Vancouver, British Columbia, June 24th-25th at the Sheraton Wall Centre.
The conference follows the passing and final vote on Bill C-45, the Cannabis Act, in the Senate; legalizing and strictly regulating cannabis in Canada.
Minister of Justice and Attorney General of Canada said, "Yesterday's vote in the Senate on Bill C-45, the Cannabis Act, marks the next step in our Government's commitment to legalizing and strictly regulating cannabis. Our public health approach will better protect our youth, displace the illegal market, and provide adults with a legal source of quality-controlled cannabis. Public education will remain a cornerstone of our efforts to help Canadians get the facts on cannabis and make informed choices."
Leading stocks in the sector moved up on the news including one of the companies speaking at the ICBC conference, Canopy Growth Corporation (TSX: WEED.TO), trading at $43.07, up 0.54 (+1.27%), with a day’s high of $45, 07
Conference topics include medical and recreational regulations, raising capital, mergers and acquisition, branding, marketing, investment opportunities, the Canopy Rivers/Canopy Growth million dollar pitch event, and more.
"Canada has helped bring cannabis into the mainstream more than any country, first by implementing sensible medical laws, and now by ending prohibition for all adults," says Alex Rogers Executive Producer of the ICBC. "We are proud to educate the attendees about the latest developments in the host country, as well as around the world. In addition to our top-notch program, we hold world-class networking events that can really help entrepreneurs take their businesses to the next level."
The Vancouver ICBC includes speakers such as Canopy Growth's (TSX: WEED.TO) Hillary Black; Anna Serin from the Canadian Securities Exchange; Groundworks Consulting's Jamie Shaw; Bhang's Scott Van Rixel; Cannacord Ingenuity's Yasmin Gordon; Prohibited Media's Drake Sutton-Shearer; MMJ Canada's Clint Younge; attorneys Kirk Tousaw and Robert Laurie, and many more experts across the cannabis space. American activist and rock icon Henry Rollins will deliver a keynote address, bringing his unique message and passion to Vancouver. Additionally, Canopy Rivers, in collaboration with Canopy Growth, will be offering up to $1,000,000 of seed capital to aspiring entrepreneurs. Visit canopyrivers.com/pitch-day/ for more information on the pitch event.
Learn more about the speakers: https://internationalcbc.com/speakers-vancouver/
Bill C-45 Facts
- Bill C-45, the Cannabis Act, is awaiting Royal Assent.
- Until the Cannabis Act comes into force, cannabis remains illegal across Canada unless authorized for medical or scientific purposes.
- Once in effect, the Cannabis Act will allow adults, subject to provincial or territorial restrictions, to:
- purchase fresh cannabis, dried cannabis, cannabis oil, cannabis seeds, or cannabis plants from retailers authorized by the provinces and territories;
- consume cannabis in locations authorized by local jurisdictions;
- possess up to 30 grams of dried legal cannabis or equivalent in non-dried form in public;
- share up to 30 grams of dried legal cannabis with other adults;
- grow up to four cannabis plants per household (not per person) for personal use, from licensed seeds or seedlings from a licensed supplier; and
- make legal cannabis-containing products at home, such as food and drinks, provided that dangerous organic solvents are not used in making them.
- Once the legislation receives Royal Assent, provinces and territories will be able to purchase cannabis from federally licensed producers, so that distributors and retailers can begin preparing retail access online or in physical stores; however, they will not be able to sell cannabis products to adults of legal age until the Cannabis Act comes into force.
- The Cannabis Act creates a specific criminal offence for selling cannabis to a minor and creates significant penalties for those who engage young Canadians in cannabis-related offences.
- Drug-impaired driving remains illegal in Canada. Law enforcement can currently detect drug-impaired driving using Standard Field Sobriety Testing and Drug Recognition Expert evaluation. Should Bill-C46 be passed by Parliament and receive Royal Assent, additional drug-impaired driving offences will come into effect.
- Drug screening devices are currently being evaluated to meet Canadian standards and will provide law enforcement with an additional tool to detect drug-impaired driving should Bill C-46 be passed by Parliament and receive Royal Assent.
- It is illegal, and will remain illegal once the Cannabis Act has come into force, for travellers to take cannabis out of Canada or to bring it back from other countries.
Source – Health Canada news http://www.investorideas.com/news/2018/cannabis/06204BillC45.aspAbout
About International Cannabis Business Conference (ICBC) https://internationalcbc.com/
About Investorideas.com - News that Inspires Big Ideas
Investorideas.com is a meeting place for global investors, featuring news, stock directories, video, company profiles, interviews and more in leading sectors.
Investorideas.com cannabis/marijuana and hemp content now includes http://cannabisstocknews.blogspot.com on Blogger.com: the Investorideas.com news and stock directory pages, a cannabis investor group on Linkedin.com , the 420 Cannabis Investor ideas www.420cannabisinvestorideas.com, and the new AI site Global Cannabis Investing at www.Globalcannabisinvesting.com
Disclaimer/Disclosure: Investorideas.com is a digital publisher of third party sourced news, articles and equity research as well as creates original content, including video, interviews and articles. Original content created by investorideas is protected by copyright laws other than syndication rights. Our site does not make recommendations for purchases or sale of stocks, services or products. Nothing on our sites should be construed as an offer or solicitation to buy or sell products or securities. All investment involves risk and possible loss of investment. This site is currently compensated for news publication and distribution, social media and marketing, content creation and more. Contact each company directly regarding content and press release questions. Disclosure is posted for each compensated news release, content published /created if required but otherwise the news was not compensated for and was published for the sole interest of our readers and followers. More disclaimer info: http://www.investorideas.com/About/Disclaimer.asp.
Additional info regarding BC Residents and global Investors: Effective September 15 2008 - all BC investors should review all OTC and Pink sheet listed companies for adherence in new disclosure filings and filing appropriate documents with Sedar. Read for more info: http://www.bcsc.bc.ca/release.aspx?id=6894. Global investors must adhere to regulations of each country.
To sponsor this podcast or be a guest
Marijuana / Hemp Stocks at Cannabisinvestorideas.com and Investorideas.com
Like Marijuana / Hemp Stocks? View our Marijuana / Hemp Stocks Directory
Join our Group on Linkedin - Marijuana / Hemp Stocks - News and Trends in Green Investing
Also check out our AI blog Global Cannabis Investing - features Investor Ideas Cannabis news