A Gram a Day Keeps the Doctor Away.
73.7% of people successfully replace or reduce intake of pharmaceuticals with medical marijuana
February 28, 2018 (Investorideas.com Newswire) In a recent report by Doctor Francis D'Ambrosio, medical marijuana patients most successfully replaced medication with marijuana for a variety of different conditions, including cancer, epilepsy, depression, anxiety and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). Medical marijuana is utilized by a wide variety of patients, and 40 different conditions were named. With prescription opioid abuse costing US citizens an estimated $78.5 billion per year, could medical marijuana be the answer not only for patients' health but for the economy?
The report surveys patients from the Francis D'Ambrosio medical practice, where we find out more about what conditions patients use cannabis for, their preferred ingestion methods, the feeling they seek when using cannabis, and if they have used cannabis to replace or reduce their intake of any other prescription medications. In total 4,276 people were surveyed who live in and around California.
You can read the full report here. The key findings from the report are summarized below.
- Cannabis is most often used to replace/act as an adjunct to opioids and antidepressants.
- Men and women use cannabis in almost equal amounts – 53.7% vs. 46.3%
- For those who answered the question, women tended to prefer using CBD-heavy products & strains and edibles.
- Most people get their cannabis from a dispensary
- Delivery was the next most common access point for cannabis,
- followed by "Friend". Home growing is not common.
- Blue Dream and OG Kush were definitely the most popular strains.
- Girl Scout Cookies, Grand Daddy Purple (GDP), Gorilla Glue #4, Jack Herer and Sour Diesel were also very popular.
- Most medical marijuana users tend to be in their 30s. For CBD, however, the median and mean age is 41.8 and 44.0 years-old respectively.
- Most patients use less than 3 grams a day.
- Most patients use cannabis daily.
- Smoking cannabis was by far the preferred method of ingestion – 41.7% chose this method. Edibles and vaping were the next most common, with 28.0% and 27.9% of users preferring this method
- Many people appear to use cannabis in order to relieve pain and anxiety, as well as to relax and get to sleep.
- Indicas are used more frequently across the board and are used to relieve pain, anxiety, depression, relax the muscles and so on.
About Doctor Frank:
Dr Frank D'Ambrosio is one of the US' leading voices for medicinal cannabis policy reform. Through his medical practice, he aims to empower and educate people on the benefits of the substance for countless ailments.
Five years ago, Dr Frank became fascinated with the science of cannabis and it's success in relieving medical conditions such as depression and head trauma. He began to explore the possibilities of marijuana as medicine. After 30 years of treating and operating on patients, many of whom would never find relief from their chronic pain, Dr Frank decided to dedicate his practice to helping patients through medical cannabis. His practice now counsels patients all over the country, daily, on the use of marijuana to manage pain.
Dr Frank has been featured in The Independent, LA Weekly, Civilized Magazine and Cannabis Culture amongst other media titles.
Stay connected at:
Doctor Francis D'Ambrosio said "Cannabis/marijuana is one of the most misunderstood and underutilized medications. Even though cannabis has been used for over 15,000 years by a wide variety of different cultures it's not been given its due in the world of medicine."
Marijuana / Hemp Stocks
At Cannabisinvestorideas.com and Investorideas.com
Like Marijuana / Hemp Stocks? View our Marijuana / Hemp Stocks Directory
Join our Group on Linkedin - Marijuana / Hemp Stocks - News and Trends in Green Investing
Also check out our AI blog Global Cannabis Investing - features Investor Ideas Cannabis news
This news is published on the Investorideas.com Newswire - a global digital news source for investors and business leaders
Disclaimer/Disclosure: Investorideas.com is a digital publisher of third party sourced news, articles and equity research as well as creates original content, including video, interviews and articles. Original content created by investorideas is protected by copyright laws other than syndication rights. Our site does not make recommendations for purchases or sale of stocks, services or products. Nothing on our sites should be construed as an offer or solicitation to buy or sell products or securities. All investment involves risk and possible loss of investment. This site is currently compensated for news publication and distribution, social media and marketing, content creation and more. Contact each company directly regarding content and press release questions. Disclosure is posted for each compensated news release, content published /created if required but otherwise the news was not compensated for and was published for the sole interest of our readers and followers. More disclaimer info: https://www.investorideas.com/About/Disclaimer.asp Learn more about publishing your news release on the Investorideas.com newswire https://www.investorideas.com/News-Upload/
Additional info regarding BC Residents and global Investors: Effective September 15 2008 - all BC investors should review all OTC and Pink sheet listed companies for adherence in new disclosure filings and filing appropriate documents with Sedar. Read for more info: https://www.bcsc.bc.ca/release.aspx?id=6894. Global investors must adhere to regulations of each country.