#CoinDesk's Q2 'State of #Blockchain' Report Shows Project Funding Holds Strong as Markets Remain Flat
Bitcoin on-chain transactions have fallen 28 percent following the Lightning Nework's beta launch in late Q1
New York, NY - July 25, 2018 (Investorideas.com Newswire) CoinDesk, the world's leading digital media company focused on crypto assets and blockchain, today released its Q2 2018 State of Blockchain Report, widely considered the leading authority on blockchain trends research and analysis since its inception in 2014. The quarterly report covers market interest in public blockchains with a snapshot of the ten largest cryptocurrencies compared to Bitcoin at the end of each quarter.
The Q2 2018 Report highlights several major trends which has a major impact on the industry during the quarter:
- Markets remained flat, as Bitcoin's activity on exchanges dipped over the quarter, with total exchange volume down 11%;
- Lighting network grew significantly- at the start of Q2, USD network capacity was $70,275.71, and increased 171% by the end of Q2 to $190,705.99;
- Bitcoin's hashrate growth slowed- going from 47% growth in Q1 to 26% growth in Q2;
- Simple Agreements for Future Tokens (SAFTs) funding increased. Data from the SEC's EDGAR database revealed that 37 companies filed regulatory documents pertaining to SAFTs, combining to raise $304mn over the three month period;
- EOS closed its record-breaking ICO of $4.2bn, which was raised over 350 unique events occuring every 23 hours;
- ICOs outperformed traditional VC funding and SAFT growth in Q2, with more than $7.3bn raised across 92 ICOs. The haul raised the cumulative total of ICO funding to $19bn;
- Q2 witnessed continued cryptocurrency hacks and scams, bringing the all-time total to $1.6bn lost as of 6/30/18.
CoinDesk Director of Research Nolan Bauerle said: "We are proud to release our latest installment of the State of Blockchain Report. The data captures the second straight quarter of listless top-line indicators, with significance declines in exchange and transaction volumes. However, the 'Buidl' motto has driven an incredible amount of development in the industry over the past quarter despite stagnant prices, and it doesn't show any signs of stopping going into Q3 2018."
CoinDesk's Q2 2018 State of Blockchain Report also includes a user sentiment survey, with more than 1,200 cryptocurrency investors and experts participating in the polling. Notable findings from the survey include:
- Binance leading as the most used exchange at 37%, followed by Coinbase at 23%, Kraken 8%, Bitfinex 5%, Poloniex 4%, Gemini 3%, HitBTC 1%, and all others combing for the remaining 19%.
- 27% of respondents view Malta as the country which is "getting crypto-regulation regulation right"
- 63% of participants believe regulated institutions will tokenize securities (stocks, real estate etc.) within the next five years.
The entire 111-page Q2 2018 State of Blockchain Report is now available to the public, and can be found here.
CoinDesk Director of Research Nolan Bauerle is available for interview.
CoinDesk is the leading digital media, events and information services company for the crypto asset and blockchain technology community. Its mandate is to inform, educate and connect the global community as the authoritative daily news provider dedicated to chronicling the space. CoinDesk hosts its annual Consensus summit, the largest blockchain technology gathering in the world, and now, Consensus: Invest, an event designed to showcase the new asset class to wealth managers across the globe. CoinDesk also publishes The State of Blockchain, the ultimate, must-read analysis on the growth in this emerging new technology, every quarter.
Investorideas.com features content for Bitcoin, Blockchain and Digital Currency Stocks and ICO's at Cryptocurrencyinvestorideas.com, Blockchaininvestorideas.com and Investorideas.com
View our growing Bitcoin, Blockchain and Digital Currency Stocks Directory
Join our LinkedIn Group Blockchain and Digital Currency Stocks and ICO's Latest News and Commentary https://www.linkedin.com/groups/13560073
Check out our crypto blog on blogger.com
Recently added Bitcoinandblockchainstocks.com at http://www.bitcoinandblockchainstocks.com/
This news is published on the Investorideas.com Newswire - a global digital news source for investors and business leaders
Disclaimer/Disclosure: Investorideas.com is a digital publisher of third party sourced news, articles and equity research as well as creates original content, including video, interviews and articles. Original content created by investorideas is protected by copyright laws other than syndication rights. Our site does not make recommendations for purchases or sale of stocks, services or products. Nothing on our sites should be construed as an offer or solicitation to buy or sell products or securities. All investing involves risk and possible losses. This site is currently compensated for news publication and distribution, social media and marketing, content creation and more. Disclosure is posted for each compensated news release, content published /created if required but otherwise the news was not compensated for and was published for the sole interest of our readers and followers. Contact management and IR of each company directly regarding specific questions.
More disclaimer info: https://www.investorideas.com/About/Disclaimer.asp Learn more about publishing your news release and our other news services on the Investorideas.com newswire https://www.investorideas.com/News-Upload/