Healthcare Chatbot Interactions to Reach 2.8 Billion by 2023, as Conversational AI Becomes the Future of Healthcare
Healthcare to represent 10% of all chatbot interactions across key verticals such as banking, eCommerce and social media by 2023
Hampshire, UK - December 4, 2018 (Investorideas.com Newswire) New findings from Juniper Research forecast that AI-powered chatbots will soon become the first responders for citizens' engagements with healthcare providers, as the number of chatbot interactions exceeds 2.8 billion annually by 2023. This is up from an estimated 21 million in 2018, an average annual growth of 167%.
For more insights on the market readiness for healthcare chatbots, download the free whitepaper: 'Will Digital Health be Ready for Complete AI Dominance?'.
Hospitals Turn to AI & Chatbots to Make Cost Savings of $4 billion by 2023
The new research, Digital Health: Disruptor Analysis, Country Readiness & Technology Forecasts 2018-2023, found that the adoption of chatbots will ramp up in the future, due to:
- Citizens becoming more comfortable using chatbots to discuss their healthcare requirements.
- Chatbots becoming an important component of healthcare providers' customer experience strategies.
- Shortages of medical practitioners to support ageing populations; for example, the German government expects that it will need 3 million more nurses by 2060.
- Increased sophistication of conversational AI platforms leading to a greater percentage of enquiries being completed entirely via chatbots; freeing up the medical staff time and saving countries' healthcare systems around $3.7 billion by 2023.
- Chatbot Adoption Will Shake Up the Healthcare Value Chain The research found that the first priority for healthcare providers will be to ensure that the information collected is transferred to a person's medical record and other applications, such as appointment scheduling or for those for dispensing prescriptions. This means that providers of medical records and line of business applications will need to make their existing systems interoperable with chatbot providers.
Research author Michael Larner explained: "Chatbots have the potential to transform the way in which patients engage with their healthcare systems and go some way to take the pressure off overstretched staff. But if deployments are not backed up by investment in record keeping, then financial and time savings will evaporate".
Juniper Research provides research and analytical services to the global hi-tech communications sector; providing consultancy, analyst reports and industry commentary.
TechSectorStocks.com - investing ideas in tech stocks- mobile payments, social media, AI and Robotics, Drone Stocks, GPS, Internet of Things (IoT)
Like Tech Stocks? View our Tech Stocks Directory
This news is published on the Investorideas.com Newswire - a global digital news source for investors and business leaders
Disclaimer/Disclosure: Investorideas.com is a digital publisher of third party sourced news, articles and equity research as well as creates original content, including video, interviews and articles. Original content created by investorideas is protected by copyright laws other than syndication rights. Our site does not make recommendations for purchases or sale of stocks, services or products. Nothing on our sites should be construed as an offer or solicitation to buy or sell products or securities. All investment involves risk and possible loss of investment. This site is currently compensated for news publication and distribution, social media and marketing, content creation and more. Contact each company directly regarding content and press release questions. Disclosure is posted for each compensated news release, content published /created if required but otherwise the news was not compensated for and was published for the sole interest of our readers and followers. More disclaimer info: https://www.investorideas.com/About/Disclaimer.asp Learn more about publishing your news release on the Investorideas.com newswire https://www.investorideas.com/News-Upload/
Additional info regarding BC Residents and global Investors: Effective September 15 2008 - all BC investors should review all OTC and Pink sheet listed companies for adherence in new disclosure filings and filing appropriate documents with Sedar. Read for more info: https://www.bcsc.bc.ca/release.aspx?id=6894. Global investors must adhere to regulations of each country.