CES Asia, @CESAsia Sets Record for Size, Innovation & Connectivity across 19 Product Categories
World-class tech event featured leading exhibitors and inspirational leaders across full expanse of industry
SHANGHAI - June 9, 2017 (Investorideas.com Newswire) The third annual CES Asia concluded today, surpassing last year's show in attendance and exhibit space, reinforcing the event as the premier showcase for the consumer technology industry in the Eastern Hemisphere. Since its launch in 2015, CES Asia has doubled in size as more than 450 exhibiting companies from 22 countries, regions and territories exhibited across a show floor that covered a record 40,000 gross square meters, expanding from four exhibit halls in 2016 to five this year. CES Asia is owned and produced by the Consumer Technology Association (CTA)TM and co-produced by Shanghai Intex Exhibition Co., Ltd. (Shanghai Intex). CES Asia will return to Shanghai June 13-15, 2018.
"CES Asia 2017 rocked!" said Gary Shapiro, president and CEO, CTA. "It was a five senses experience with eye-popping stands full of innovative products, enticing sounds and immersive entertainment. It exuded excitement and optimism.
"CES Asia attracts market leaders from the entire tech ecosystem, from drones and fashion, to sports and cars, to VR and AR, to machine learning to connectivity and, of course, self-driving cars. The packed show floor was abuzz with ‘smarter everything', reflecting an era where technology is changing our world for the better. If it was tech innovation in Asia, it was represented on the show floor and in our conference sessions here this week."
The conference programming and exhibition floor demonstrated how connected technology is improving our world. The spirit of innovation was alive as the show floor teemed with energy from large global brands and startups alike, with more than 75 exhibitors from 10 countries at Startup Park, the home for startups at CES Asia. This year's show also featured the broad range of industries disrupted and improved by technology - such as automotive and transportation, sports, fashion and travel. And the show spotlighted technology's critical role in improving productivity and business services as several speakers and exhibitors showcased their latest business-to-business services and applications.
Industry heavyweights graced the keynote stage, including Baidu, Huawei, JD.com, Le Vision Pictures and Microsoft. While Mr. Wan Biao, COO, Consumer BG, Huawei took the opportunity to launch Huawei's new range of MateBook laptops, Mr. Gu Weihao, GM, Baidu Intelligent Vehicle spoke about the company's push for self-driving vehicles through the use of an open, complete and reliable software platform. Machine learning emerged as a key show theme, as Mr. Zhang Chen, CTO and Dr. Li Kefeng, VP, spoke about JD.com's use of AI, smart devices, AR, VR and big data to create a more interconnected e-commerce buyer journey, from warehouse to home. Peter Han, VP, Partner Devices and Solutions and Rodney Clark, VP, IoT Device Experience, Microsoft also shared the possibilities of an IOT world. Finally, Adam Goodman, President, Le Vision Pictures and Zhang Zhao, Chairman and CEO, Le Vision Entertainment, Vice Chairman, Le Holdings expressed their commitment to provide seamless entertainment for viewers, investing in technology that merges devices and content.
Conference programming throughout three full days of the event included key executives such as Lixin Cheng, CEO of ZTE Mobile Devices, Leopold Beer, AP Regional President, Bosch Sensortec; David Shoemaker, CEO, NBA China; Sandy Diao, Director, Strategic Programs, Indiegogo; Billie Tan, VP, Business Development, Asia Pacific, UPS; and Paul Xu, VP, DJI and featured a wide range of key industry topics from logistics, self-driving vehicles, fashion technology, sports technology, VR and more.
For a complete list of conference sessions, please visit CESAsia.com.
Major product and news announcements made at CES Asia 2017 include:
- Acooo China's OneCore Living Room Computer automatically syncs one's mobile devices and apps, video game consoles and television;
- Beijing Xin Bo's two tilt rotor fixed-wing unmanned aviation vehicles - VM44 and VT44, which are capable of flying at high speeds for long durations of time;
- BMW's HoloActive Touch, part of BMW's i Inside Future solution and a new dimension to how drivers can select and control vehicle functions, navigation, infotainment and communication;
- China Mobile's three new cellular IoT communication modules, two of which are NarrowBand-IoT(NB-IoT) modules and the final, a 2G communications module. The new modules aim to speed up the commercial usage of NB-IoT in China;
- Harman's Sonique, a voice solution that features a customizable, high-performance microphone and a suite of voice algorithms to accurately capture voice commands, even in high ambient noise environments;
- HiScene's HiAR Glasses with an enhanced optical system, higher display resolution, improved battery life and an adjustable, one-size-fits-all headset, are to be mass-produced;
- Hisense's N8700 ULED TV series, which touts a high value, premium, quality experience and would be launched in over 30 countries globally this year;
- Honda's latest prototypes, ‘Honda NeuV', an electric, automated car and ‘Honda Riding Assist', a solution that helps motorcycles maintain balance and control;
- Hyundai Motor's partnership with one of the largest Internet companies in China, Baidu, to provide Chinese drivers a wider range of connected car services, including connected navigation and voice-control technologies;
- Meo Limited's Blue, an air quality monitor that allows governments and businesses to understand the origin of pollution and weather patterns affecting their city's exposure to air pollutants;
- Morpex's MU SpaceBot, a wooden interactive robot building kit for children aged 8 and above;
- NEVS' InMotion Concept, an integrated vehicle solution for sustainable city living, which will be used in Tianjin in late 2017, as part of NEVs' sustainable mobility program
- Shadow Creators' Halo, AI goggles that support hand gesture recognition and spatial modeling;
- Shanghai Askat Information Technology's MyBot, a smart controller, which recognizes and responds to voice command for smart home appliances;
- Snugs' custom-fit earphones, the first of its kind to deploy 3D scanning and printing to ensure the best fit for each customer's inner ear.
The final day of CES Asia also featured The Best of CES Asia Awards, presented by ZOL. The program focused on breakthrough products that further innovation and technology evolution. The products that took home the top spots include: PuZhou Byrd, Huawei MateBook X, iQIYI AiYu VR, Pudding ROOBO, Philips Fidelio B8, Fossil Q, DAZZEON Liquid, Keystone VR, IDEALENS M8K and iQIYI AiYu VR.
For the latest CES Asia 2017 news, photos, b-roll and more, visit CESAsia.com.
About CES Asia:
Owned and produced by the Consumer Technology Association (CTA)TM and co-produced by Shanghai Intex Exhibition Co., Ltd (Shanghai Intex), CES Asia is the premier event for the consumer technology industry, showcasing the full breadth and depth of the innovation value-chain in the Asian marketplace. Key global businesses come to this new event to grow and reinforce their brand by showcasing the latest products and technologies to consumer tech industry executives, foreign buyers, international media and a limited number of consumers from China. Attendees have exclusive access to some of the largest brands from China and around the world, while celebrating the innovation that defines the consumer technology sector.
About Consumer Technology Association:
Consumer Technology Association (CTA) is the trade association representing the $292 billion U.S. consumer technology industry, which supports more than 15 million U.S. jobs. More than 2,200 companies - 80 percent are small businesses and startups; others are among the world's best known brands - enjoy the benefits of CTA membership including policy advocacy, market research, technical education, industry promotion, standards development and the fostering of business and strategic relationships. CTA also owns and produces CES® - the world's gathering place for all who thrive on the business of consumer technologies. Profits from CES are reinvested into CTA's industry services.
About Shanghai Intex:
Shanghai Intex Exhibition Co., Ltd was originally the exhibition organizing business of Shanghai Intex, a pioneering exhibition organizer established in 1995. Shanghai Intex is jointly overseen by the China Council for the Promotion of International Trade (CCPIT) Shanghai and PNO Exhibition Investment (Dubai) Limited. Starting in 1998, Shanghai Intex has organized over 100 trade shows and conferences with a sum total exhibition space in excess of 2 million sqm. Shanghai Intex is comprised of professional teams with a wealth of experience in organizing major international events, covering the creative industry, healthcare, lifestyle, advanced manufacturing and consumer electronics.
TechSectorStocks.com - investing ideas in tech stocks- mobile payments, social media, AI and Robotics, Drone Stocks, GPS and more
Like Tech Stocks? View our Tech Stocks Directory
This news is published on the Investorideas.com Newswire - a global digital news source for investors and business leaders
Disclaimer/Disclosure: Investorideas.com is a digital publisher of third party sourced news, articles and equity research as well as creates original content, including video, interviews and articles. Original content created by investorideas is protected by copyright laws other than syndication rights. Our site does not make recommendations for purchases or sale of stocks, services or products. Nothing on our sites should be construed as an offer or solicitation to buy or sell products or securities. All investment involves risk and possible loss of investment. This site is currently compensated for news publication and distribution, social media and marketing, content creation and more. Contact each company directly regarding content and press release questions. Disclosure is posted for each compensated news release, content published /created if required but otherwise the news was not compensated for and was published for the sole interest of our readers and followers. More disclaimer info: https://www.investorideas.com/About/Disclaimer.asp Learn more about publishing your news release on the Investorideas.com newswire https://www.investorideas.com/News-Upload/
Additional info regarding BC Residents and global Investors: Effective September 15 2008 - all BC investors should review all OTC and Pink sheet listed companies for adherence in new disclosure filings and filing appropriate documents with Sedar. Read for more info: https://www.bcsc.bc.ca/release.aspx?id=6894. Global investors must adhere to regulations of each country.