Cloud Computing Stocks Close-Up; (OTCBB: ETAK), (OTCBB: GBSX), (NYSE: RAX), (NYSE: CRM), (NYSE: VMW)
Category: Investment, Cloud Computing, Technology
Visit this company: www.gbs.com
POINT ROBERTS, Wash., April 21 2011 - www.InvestorIdeas.com, a leader in sector stock including tech stocks, issues a cloud computing stock sector snapshot for morning trading following a recent run in several of the stocks in the sector. Rackspace Hosting (NYSE: RAX), a s pecialist in hosting and cloud computing industry, hit a 52 week- high. The sector leader was VMware Inc. (NYSE: VMW ), closing at $97.90, +$11.93, +13.88% on strong quarterly news. The Company reported year-over-year revenue growth of 33% to $844 Million.
- Elephant Talk Communications Inc. (OTCBB: ETAK) trading at$2.69, down 0.01 (0.37%)
- GBS Enterprises, Inc. (OTCBB: GBSX) trading at $4.25
- Juniper Networks, Inc. (NYSE: JNPR ) trading up at $39.47, up 0.21 (0.53%) 10:12AM EDT
- Rackspace Hosting, Inc (NYSE: RAX) trading at$ 44.26, up 0.34 (0.77%)
- Salesforce.com Inc (NYSE: CRM ) trading at $139.25, down 2.83 (1.99%) 10:15AM EDT, trading as high as $141.98 in earlier trading
- VMware Inc. (NYSE: VMW ) trading at $95.69, down 2.21 (2.26%) 10:16AM EDT
Research Cloud computing stocks
- Dow 12,459.07 +5.53 +0.04%
- Nasdaq 2,810.35 +7.84 +0.28%
- S&P 500 1,333.79 +3.43 +0.26%
- 10 Yr Bond(%) 3.38% -0.02
- Oil 111.26 -0.19 -0.17%
- Gold 1,501.70 +3.40 +0.23
VMware Reports First Quarter 2011 Results
- Year-over-Year Revenue Growth of 33% to $844 Million
- EPS Growth of 53% to $0.29; Non-GAAP EPS Growth of 50% to $0.48
- Operating Margin of 18.2%; Non-GAAP Operating Margin of 29.9%
- Trailing Twelve Months Operating Cash Flows Growth of 20% to $1.3 Billion; Free Cash Flows Growth of 39% to $1.3 Billion
PALO ALTO , Calif. , April 19, 2011
- Revenues for the first quarter were $844 million, an increase of 33% from the first quarter of 2010.
- Operating income for the first quarter was $154 million, an increase of 50% from the first quarter of 2010. Non-GAAP operating income for the first quarter was $252 million, an increase of 44% from the first quarter of 2010.
- Net income for the first quarter was $126 million, or $0.29 per diluted share, compared to $78 million, or $0.19 per diluted share, for the first quarter of 2010. Non-GAAP net income for the quarter was $204 million, or $0.48 per diluted share, compared to $133 million, or $0.32 per diluted share, for the first quarter of 2010.
- Operating cash flows for the first quarter were $478 million, an increase of 35% from the first quarter of 2010. Free cash flows for the quarter were $473 million, an increase of 45% from the first quarter of 2010.
- Trailing twelve months operating cash flows were $1.3 billion, an increase of 20%. Trailing twelve months free cash flows were $1.3 billion, an increase of 39%.
- Cash, cash equivalents and short-term investments were $3.7 billion and unearned revenue was $2.0 billion as of March 31, 2011.
U.S. revenues for the first quarter of 2011 grew 26% to $400 million from the first quarter of 2010. International revenues grew 40% to $444 million from the first quarter of 2010.
Elephant Talk and Its ValidSoft Subsidiary Featured in Josh Levine's MicroCap Investor Newsletter- Companies Positioned to Profit From "Securing the Mobile Cloud"
SCHIPHOL, THE NETHERLANDS--- Elephant Talk Communications Inc. (OTC.BB: ETAK - News) (http://www.elephanttalk.com) has announced that the company and its wholly-owned subsidiary, ValidSoft Limited, (www.validsoft.com) were featured recently by Josh Levine in his MicroCap Investor newsletter. The report is available at: http://levinesmicrocapinvestor.com/news/2011/04-14-11.aspx
Visit the Cloud computing stocks directory at Investorideas.com
Cloud Computing Stock Snapshot:
GBS Enterprises, Inc. (OTCBB:GBSX) is the parent company of Group Business Software (GBS) which provides a portfolio of Cloud Computing software technologies and Application Services to address the needs of private enterprises, Data Center providers, ISV's, OEM's as well as government organizations. GBS caters primarily to mid-market and enterprise B2B size organizations. GBS has over 3,500 customers in thirty-eight countries spanning four continents, representing more than 5,000,000 active users of its product s.
Visit the GBSX company profile on Investorideas.com
Request news and info on GBSX
EVP and Chief Corporate Development Officer
GBS Enterprises, Incorporated
Sign up for the free investor news letter and get stock alerts in leading sectors!
InvestorIdeas.com is a leader in investor stock research by sector. Sectors we cover include; cleantech and renewable energy stocks, biotech stocks, mining and gold stocks, energy stocks, water, tech, defense stocks, nanotech, agriculture and gaming.
Disclaimer: Our sites do not make recommendations. Nothing on our sites should be construed as an offer or solicitation to buy or sell products or securities. We attempt to research thoroughly, but we offer no guarantees as to the accuracy of information presented. All Information relating to featured companies is sourced from public documents and/ or the company and is not the opinion of our web sites. This site is currently compensated by featured companies, news submissions and online advertising .
Disclosure: GBS Enterprises, Inc. (OTCBB: GBSX) is a paid showcase tech stock, cloud computing stock on Investorideas.com (April 2011 - 1500 per month by third party)
Disclosure: Investorideas.com is a partner of Josh Levines Microcap. Investorideas.com is not long and is not compensated by ETAK.
Dawn Van Zant: 800-665-0411 - email@example.com
Source - Investorideas.com
Published at www.Investorideas.com - Global research by sectors
If you have any questions regarding information in this press release please contact the company listed in the press release.
Connect with Investorideas.com
Publish Your News - Send a release
Disclaimer: The following news is paid for and /or published as information only for our readers (175 top energy news).
Investorideas.com is a third party publisher of news and research .Our sites do not make recommendations, but offer information portals to research news, articles, stock lists and recent research. Nothing on our sites should be construed as an offer or solicitation to buy or sell products or securities. This site is currently compensated by featured companies, news submissions and online advertising.
Investorideas.com Disclaimer: http://www.investorideas.com/About/Disclaimer.asp
Investorideas.com Disclosure: http://www.investorideas.com/About/News/Clientspecifics.asp