Safety and Security Drone Sales to Reach $250 Million in 2019
January 4, 2018 (Investorideas.com Newswire) In 2016, US safety and security drone sales totaled $90 million. This includes products and services that are utilized by both commercial and consumer end users, but excludes any military drone use. Safety and security sales are just one segment of the larger drone market, accounting for roughly 20% of the total commercial drone market in 2016. These and other trends are presented in Safety & Security Drones in the US, a new study from The Freedonia Group, a Cleveland-based industry research firm.
Despite the initial hesitance among end users to adopt safety and security drones, sales for these products and services are expected to see stellar growth opportunities over the next several years. Over the short term, safety and security drone sales are expected to nearly double by 2019, reaching $250 million. Between 2019 and 2022, sales are expected to see explosive growth and increase more than fourfold. Long term growth prospects are also bright, with sales projected to increase nearly sevenfold in the six-year period between 2022 and 2028.
The key factors driving gains in the safety and security drone market are:
- rapidly spreading awareness of the capabilities and benefits of commercial drones, including the option to integrate drones into existing security systems and services to provide actionable intelligence
- declining equipment costs as economies of scale continue to allow manufacturers to produce equipment more efficiently and as broader demand for sensors and specialized equipment eases current supply shortages, making drones a more affordable option for potential end users
- ongoing development into more specialized solutions in all segments of the industry, which will help address customers' key needs and provide additional applications for use
- expanding capabilities of drone systems to quickly and efficiently gather crucial data for safety and security applications
- evolving industry regulations that will help remove gray areas in the legality of operation and encourage wider adoption among potential end users who may otherwise hesitate due to liability concerns
- desire among end users to reduce labor costs and rely on more highly automated, often more accurate systems
- myriad ways to leverage drone technology to complement existing electronic security systems, such as tethering drones to safety and security unmanned ground vehicles (UGVs - often referred to as robots, which are similar to drones but fall outside of the scope of this study)
Safety & Security Drones in the US (published 12/2017, 216 pages) is available for $2900 from The Freedonia Group. For further details or to arrange an interview with the analyst, please contact Corinne Gangloff by phone 440.684.9600 or email email@example.com.
Related studies include:
#3566 Electronic Security Products US Market Forecasts (September 2017)
#3553 Video Surveillance Equipment Market in the US (August 2017)
About The Freedonia Group, a division of MarketResearch.com - The Freedonia Group is a leading international industrial research company publishing more than 100 studies annually. Since 1985, we have provided research to customers ranging in size from global conglomerates to one-person consulting firms. More than 90% of the industrial companies in the Fortune 500 use Freedonia Group research to help with their strategic planning. Additional Security studies can be purchased at www.freedoniagroup.com, www.marketresearch.com and www.profound.com.
This news is published on the Investorideas.com Newswire - a global digital news source for investors and business leaders
Disclaimer/Disclosure: Investorideas.com is a digital publisher of third party sourced news, articles and equity research as well as creates original content, including video, interviews and articles. Original content created by investorideas is protected by copyright laws other than syndication rights. Our site does not make recommendations for purchases or sale of stocks, services or products. Nothing on our sites should be construed as an offer or solicitation to buy or sell products or securities. All investment involves risk and possible loss of investment. This site is currently compensated for news publication and distribution, social media and marketing, content creation and more. Contact each company directly regarding content and press release questions. Disclosure is posted for each compensated news release, content published /created if required but otherwise the news was not compensated for and was published for the sole interest of our readers and followers. More disclaimer info: http://www.investorideas.com/About/Disclaimer.asp Learn more about publishing your news release on the Investorideas.com newswire http://www.investorideas.com/News-Upload/
Additional info regarding BC Residents and global Investors: Effective September 15 2008 - all BC investors should review all OTC and Pink sheet listed companies for adherence in new disclosure filings and filing appropriate documents with Sedar. Read for more info: http://www.bcsc.bc.ca/release.aspx?id=6894. Global investors must adhere to regulations of each country.