Company with Platform to Reduce Healthcare Supply Costs Grows Revenue 39% QOQ
Source: Streetwise Reports
June 1, 2018 (Investorideas.com Newswire) A platform that allows hospitals to buy and sell excess supplies and equipment is gaining traction in the United States.
Reducing the costs of healthcare is a priority for hospitals and health systems in the United States, and excess inventory of products and equipment is one area where there is waste.
One company aiming to change that is H-Source Holdings Ltd. (HSI:TSX.V; HSCHF:OTCQB). Through its 100%-owned subsidiary H-Source Inc., the firm "has developed a transaction platform that provides a private, secure and trusted marketplace for member hospitals to buy, sell and transfer excess inventory supplies and capital equipment with each other."
The platform also allows Integrated Delivery Networks (IDNs) or groups of hospitals to communicate with each other privately to buy and sell independently. According to H-Source, "issues such as: outdates, physician preference changes, restrictive manufacturer return policies, contract changes, product upgrades, multiple ownerships and software systems cause billions of dollars of losses for our hospitals annually."
Hospitals and health systems are starting to see benefits. Earlier this year, H-Source noted that members of the Colorado Hospital Association have seen positive financial impacts from using the H-Source platform. "Based on some initial numbers, the participating hospitals would have needed to generate approximately $8.4 million in new revenue in order to realize the same dollar value in recovered cost from H-Source transactions," the company stated.
The company just released financial results for Q1/18 and noted the following operational highlights:
- Q1 revenue growth increased sequentially by 39% to $294,458, consisting of $241,361 as revenue and net commission sales of $53,097;
- Contracted facilities that have signed up to participate on the network increased by 4% to 1105; platform participants now include IDNs, hospital associations, surgery centers, post-acute and hospital pharmacies;
- Active facilities that have bought or sold on the network reached 215, a 12% increase over Q4;
- Total value of inventory on the platform available for sale grew to $1,643,100 at the end of Q1.
H-Source CEO John Kupice commented, "We anticipate material revenue growth into Q2 as we are currently experiencing both increased transactions and active hospitals growth. We continue to engage in discussions with new healthcare facilities and expect continued adoption across the U.S. As more facilities continue to experience the cost savings of the platform, it results in increased transactions. 2018 is the year that we build meaningful revenue growing each quarter."
1) Patrice Fusillo compiled this article for Streetwise Reports LLC and provides services to Streetwise reports as an employee. She or members of her household own securities of the following companies mentioned in the article: None. She or members of her household are paid by the following companies mentioned in this article: None.
2) The following companies mentioned in this article are billboard sponsors of Streetwise Reports: None. Click here for important disclosures about sponsor fees. As of the date of this article, an affiliate of Streetwise Reports has a consulting relationship with H-Source Holdings Ltd. Please click here for more information.
3) Comments and opinions expressed are those of the specific experts and not of Streetwise Reports or its officers. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security.
5) From time to time, Streetwise Reports LLC and its directors, officers, employees or members of their families, as well as persons interviewed for articles and interviews on the site, may have a long or short position in securities mentioned. Directors, officers, employees or members of their immediate families are prohibited from making purchases and/or sales of those securities in the open market or otherwise from the time of the interview or the decision to write an article, until one week after the publication of the interview or article. As of the date of this article, officers and/or employees of Streetwise Reports LLC (including members of their household) own securities of H-Source Holdings Ltd., a company mentioned in this article.
This news is published on the Investorideas.com Newswire - a global digital news source for investors and business leaders
Disclaimer/Disclosure: Investorideas.com is a digital publisher of third party sourced news, articles and equity research as well as creates original content, including video, interviews and articles. Original content created by investorideas is protected by copyright laws other than syndication rights. Our site does not make recommendations for purchases or sale of stocks, services or products. Nothing on our sites should be construed as an offer or solicitation to buy or sell products or securities. All investment involves risk and possible loss of investment. This site is currently compensated for news publication and distribution, social media and marketing, content creation and more. Contact each company directly regarding content and press release questions. Disclosure is posted for each compensated news release, content published /created if required but otherwise the news was not compensated for and was published for the sole interest of our readers and followers. More disclaimer info: http://www.investorideas.com/About/Disclaimer.asp Learn more about publishing your news release on the Investorideas.com newswire http://www.investorideas.com/News-Upload/
Additional info regarding BC Residents and global Investors: Effective September 15 2008 - all BC investors should review all OTC and Pink sheet listed companies for adherence in new disclosure filings and filing appropriate documents with Sedar. Read for more info: http://www.bcsc.bc.ca/release.aspx?id=6894. Global investors must adhere to regulations of each country.