#Sports Stock News: Manchester United (NYSE: $MANU) Announces Pre-Season Tour in the USA
- Tour 2017, presented by Aon
- United to play five games in North America this summer
- Games to be played on the east and west coast
MANCHESTER, England - March 20, 2017 (Investorideas.com Newswire) Manchester United (NYSE:MANU) will play games in the United States of America this summer for Tour 2017, presented by Aon.
Jose Mourinho's men will play five games in five cities, including matches in Los Angeles, Salt Lake City, Santa Clara and Washington DC.
In the previous two visits to the USA, the Club has welcomed more than half a million supporters to games across the States, in a country where Manchester United has over eight million followers.
The two-week tour forms part of the Club's preparations for the 2017-18 Premier League campaign, with further details regarding the Tour, including opposition teams, venues and ticket details to be announced in the coming days.
Manchester United first visited America in 1950 as part of a close season tour, playing against local clubs. The long-standing relationship with the USA has seen the Club make a further 14 visits to the country facing American and Mexican sides as well as a host of clubs from across Europe.
Speaking of the Club's summer plans, Manchester United's Executive Vice Chairman, Ed Woodward, said: "Visiting North America will give the team the best possible preparation for the new season, using top class training facilities and playing in some great stadiums.
"We have witnessed first-hand the passion and support for the Club in the US in recent years, so naturally it is something that everybody is very much looking forward to this summer."
Aon is the Presenting Partner of Manchester United's Tour 2017, offering its expertise in risk management, insurance, reinsurance brokerage and human resources solutions.
President and Chief Executive Officer of Aon, Greg Case, said: "We are pleased to partner with Manchester United as the Club makes its return to the United States for Tour 2017. In the U.S., and around the world, we work with organizations to empower results by reducing volatility and finding opportunities to improve performance. Like Manchester United, we believe that success requires a compelling strategy, strong execution and above all, leadership. We look forward to supporting the club on their journey to greatness."
For further information regarding Manchester United's Tour 2017, presented by Aon, please visit www.manutd.com/Tour2017
About Manchester United
Manchester United is one of the most popular and successful sports teams in the world, playing one of the most popular spectator sports on Earth. Through our 139-year heritage we have won 65 trophies, enabling us to develop the world's leading sports brand and a global community of 659 million followers. Our large, passionate community provides Manchester United with a worldwide platform to generate significant revenue from multiple sources, including sponsorship, merchandising, product licensing, new media & mobile, broadcasting and match day.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global provider of risk management, insurance brokerage and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Through its more than 72,000 colleagues worldwide, Aon unites to empower results for clients in over 120 countries via innovative risk and people solutions. For further information on our capabilities and to learn how we empower results for clients, please visit: http://aon.mediaroom.com.
Manchester United in the USA
Close season tours
- Twelve games against mainly local clubs (included one game against Mexican club Atlas)
- New York, Fall River, Mass., St Louis, Los Angeles, Chicago (also Toronto & Montreal)
- Twelve games against local clubs and also Atlas x 2, Tottenham Hotspur x 2 and Stuttgart Kickers (Germany)
- New Jersey, Philadelphia, Fall River, Mass., Chicago, Los Angeles (also Toronto & Montreal)
- Ten games against local clubs and also Heart of Midlothian x 4 and Munich 1860
- New York, St Louis, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Fall River, Mass., Philadelphia (also Toronto & Vancouver)
- Benfica (Los Angeles), Dundee (San Francisco)
- Bari (New York), Eintracht Frankfurt x 2 (San Francisco and Los Angeles)
- Chicago Sting, Dallas Tornado
- Tampa Bay Rowdies, Tulsa Roughnecks
- Portland Timbers
- Seattle Sounders
- Celtic (Seattle), Club America (Los Angeles), Juventus (New Jersey), Barcelona (Philadelphia)
- Bayern Munich (Chicago), Celtic (Philadelphia), AC Milan (New York)
- Philadelphia Union, Kansas City Wizards, MLS All-Stars (Houston)
- New England Revolution (Boston), Seattle Sounders, Chicago Fire, MLS All-Stars (New Jersey), Barcelona (Washington)
- Roma (Denver), LA Galaxy (California), Inter Milan (Washington), Real Madrid (Michigan), Liverpool (Miami)
- Club America (Seattle), San Jose Earthquakes (California), Barcelona (Santa Clara), Paris Saint-Germain (Chicago)
+44 (0) 161 868 8221
This news is published on the Investorideas.com Newswire - a global digital news source for investors and business leaders
Disclaimer/Disclosure: Investorideas.com is a digital publisher of third party sourced news, articles and equity research as well as creates original content, including video, interviews and articles. Original content created by investorideas is protected by copyright laws other than syndication rights. Our site does not make recommendations for purchases or sale of stocks, services or products. Nothing on our sites should be construed as an offer or solicitation to buy or sell products or securities. All investment involves risk and possible loss of investment. This site is currently compensated for news publication and distribution, social media and marketing, content creation and more. Contact each company directly regarding content and press release questions. Disclosure is posted for each compensated news release, content published /created if required but otherwise the news was not compensated for and was published for the sole interest of our readers and followers. More disclaimer info: http://www.investorideas.com/About/Disclaimer.asp Learn more about publishing your news release on the Investorideas.com newswire http://www.investorideas.com/News-Upload/
Additional info regarding BC Residents and global Investors: Effective September 15 2008 - all BC investors should review all OTC and Pink sheet listed companies for adherence in new disclosure filings and filing appropriate documents with Sedar. Read for more info: http://www.bcsc.bc.ca/release.aspx?id=6894. Global investors must adhere to regulations of each country.