Source: Streetwise Reports
September 13, 2017 (Investorideas.com Newswire) Tony Lesiak, a Canaccord Genuity analyst, reported and analyzed recent results from this miner's 2017 deep drill program.
In a Sept. 7 research report, Canaccord Genuity noted Seabridge Gold Inc.'s (SEA:TSX; SA:NYSE.MKT) recently released assays from the Iron Cap zone of KSM in British Columbia "support the discovery hole late last year which intercepted 555m at 0.83 g/t Au and 0.24% Cu and together indicate the presence of another higher grade ore body which could result in the favorable resequencing of the mine plan at KSM," wrote analyst Tony Lesiak.
As for those latest drill results, "all five holes intercepted long intervals of copper gold mineralization with drill-indicated grades 21% and 79% higher than the current KSM reserve average for gold and copper, respectively," indicated Lesiak. "The average drill intercept was 558m at 0.67 g/t Au and 0.37% Cu."
In response to the findings, the analyst suggested, "Iron Cap could move to the front of the mining queue given the higher relative grade profile, proximity to planned access tunnel infrastructure and lower capital intensity. We estimate that by moving the Kerr deposit back in the sequence in favor of Iron Cap, the KSM gold production profile could improve from 1.15–1.25 Moz/year over the first seven years offset by lower copper production."
Consequently, Canaccord raised its target price on Seabridge "from CA$25 to CA$26, based on a 0.9x multiple to CA$28.75/share (from CA$27.47/share), our forward curve derived net asset value, which continues to assume a 70/30 joint venture outcome for KSM," noted Lesiak. "Our model has been adjusted to reflect a larger cave scenario at Iron Cap and resequenced mine profile."
In other news, said Lesiak, the gold and copper company "recently received the schedule 2 amendment for the KSM tailings management facility with an approved environmental impact statement and permits for the first two and a half years of construction in hand."
According to Lesiak, near-term rerating catalysts for Seabridge include:
1) "Additional drill results from Iron Cap"; data on seven holes "are expected in the coming weeks."
2) "Initial drill results (12 holes) from the Quartz Rise target on the Iskut project. . .a new higher-grade epithermal gold discovery at Iskut has the potential to be meaningful."
3) "Completion of the impacts and benefits agreement (IBA) with the local Tahltan Nation (Nisga'a Nation IBA already signed)."
Canaccord has a Speculative Buy rating and CA$26 target price per share on Seabridge. The company is trading today at about CA$15.05 per share.
Read what other experts are saying about:
1) Doresa Banning compiled this article for Streetwise Reports LLC and provides services to Streetwise reports as an independent contractor. She or members of her household own securities of the following companies mentioned in the article: None. She or members of her household are paid by the following companies mentioned in this article: None.
2) The following companies mentioned in this article are billboard sponsors of Streetwise Reports: Seabridge Gold. Streetwise Reports does not accept stock in exchange for its services. Click here for important disclosures about sponsor fees. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security.
3) Comments and opinions expressed are those of the specific experts and not of Streetwise Reports or its officers.
5) From time to time, Streetwise Reports LLC and its directors, officers, employees or members of their families, as well as persons interviewed for articles and interviews on the site, may have a long or short position in securities mentioned. Directors, officers, employees or members of their immediate families are prohibited from making purchases and/or sales of those securities in the open market or otherwise from the time of the interview or the decision to write an article, until one week after the publication of the interview or article.
This news is published on the Investorideas.com Newswire - a global digital news source for investors and business leaders
Disclaimer/Disclosure: Investorideas.com is a digital publisher of third party sourced news, articles and equity research as well as creates original content, including video, interviews and articles. Original content created by investorideas is protected by copyright laws other than syndication rights. Our site does not make recommendations for purchases or sale of stocks, services or products. Nothing on our sites should be construed as an offer or solicitation to buy or sell products or securities. All investment involves risk and possible loss of investment. This site is currently compensated for news publication and distribution, social media and marketing, content creation and more. Contact each company directly regarding content and press release questions. Disclosure is posted for each compensated news release, content published /created if required but otherwise the news was not compensated for and was published for the sole interest of our readers and followers. More disclaimer info: http://www.investorideas.com/About/Disclaimer.asp
Additional info regarding BC Residents and global Investors: Effective September 15 2008 - all BC investors should review all OTC and Pink sheet listed companies for adherence in new disclosure filings and filing appropriate documents with Sedar. Read for more info: http://www.bcsc.bc.ca/release.aspx?id=6894. Global investors must adhere to regulations of each country.