Source: The Gold Report
April 18, 2017 (Investorideas.com Newswire) Stars aligned for Golden Arrow when Chinchillas was ready to move to production and the company only had to look 18 miles down the road to Silver Standard's Pirquitas mine and its established production facility.
On March 31, Golden Arrow Resources Corp. (GRG:TSX.V; GAC:FSE; GARWF:OTCQB) and Silver Standard Resources Inc. (SSO:TSX; SSRI:NASDAQ) announced they would be forming a 75%-25% joint venture that will combine the Chinchillas project and the Pirquitas mine. In the announcement, Golden Arrow highlighted that the agreement provides:
- Golden Arrow an opportunity to fast-track development of the Chinchillas property, in a capital efficient manner, through use of the existing production facilities at the Pirquitas Mine and establishment of common infrastructure.
- Near-term production from Chinchillas based on construction beginning in the third quarter of 2017, followed by ore delivery to the mill in the second half of 2018.
- Option exercise payment by Silver Standard to Golden Arrow of 25% of Pirquitas mine earnings less certain expenditures incurred since October 1, 2015 until closing, currently estimated at approximately US$15 million, payable on closing, which is expected on or before May 30, 2017.
Golden Arrow Executive Chairman, President and CEO Joseph Grosso stated, "This is a landmark achievement for our Company. As Golden Arrow transitions an exploration discovery into a mining operation, our shareholders stand to benefit from this profile and strengthened financial position." In an April 12 webcast, Grosso describes the circumstances leading to Golden Arrow and Silver Standard joining forces.
In Silver Standard's March 31 announcement, Paul Benson, president and CEO of Silver Standard, said, "Forming the joint venture is an excellent result due to the outstanding cooperation by our partner Golden Arrow, the Argentine government and many within Silver Standard."
Byron King, in the April 11 issue of Gold Speculator, highlighted that he had added Golden Arrow's stock to his own portfolio because of the agreement with Silver Standard. King noted that in addition to Chinchillas, "Golden Arrow holds a variety of precious metal ore deposits in Argentina. Overall, there are several different pathways to development. Golden Arrow offers significant upside in a rising environment for gold-silver. . .maintain buy and up to US$0.85/CA$1.14 per share."
Read what other experts are saying about:
1) Melissa Farley compiled this article for Streetwise Reports LLC and provides services to Streetwise Reports as an employee. She owns, or members of her immediate household or family own, shares of the following companies mentioned in this article: None. She is, or members of her immediate household or family are, paid by the following companies mentioned in this article: None.
2) The following companies mentioned in this article are sponsors of Streetwise Reports: Golden Arrow Resources Corp. Streetwise Reports does not accept stock in exchange for its services. Click here for important disclosures about sponsor fees. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security.
3) Comments and opinions expressed are those of the specific experts and not of Streetwise Reports or its officers.
5) From time to time, Streetwise Reports LLC and its directors, officers, employees or members of their families, as well as persons interviewed for articles and interviews on the site, may have a long or short position in securities mentioned. Directors, officers, employees or members of their immediate families are prohibited from making purchases and/or sales of those securities in the open market or otherwise from the time of the interview or the decision to write an article, until one week after the publication of the interview or article.
This news is published on the Investorideas.com Newswire - a global digital news source for investors and business leaders
Disclaimer/Disclosure: Investorideas.com is a digital publisher of third party sourced news, articles and equity research as well as creates original content, including video, interviews and articles. Original content created by investorideas is protected by copyright laws other than syndication rights. Our site does not make recommendations for purchases or sale of stocks, services or products. Nothing on our sites should be construed as an offer or solicitation to buy or sell products or securities. All investment involves risk and possible loss of investment. This site is currently compensated for news publication and distribution, social media and marketing, content creation and more. Contact each company directly regarding content and press release questions. Disclosure is posted for each compensated news release, content published /created if required but otherwise the news was not compensated for and was published for the sole interest of our readers and followers. More disclaimer info: http://www.investorideas.com/About/Disclaimer.asp
Additional info regarding BC Residents and global Investors: Effective September 15 2008 - all BC investors should review all OTC and Pink sheet listed companies for adherence in new disclosure filings and filing appropriate documents with Sedar. Read for more info: http://www.bcsc.bc.ca/release.aspx?id=6894. Global investors must adhere to regulations of each country.