Source: The Gold Report
April 18, 2017 (Investorideas.com Newswire) The purchase of Battle Mountain Gold gives Gold Standard Ventures another large project in one of Nevada's largest gold producing districts.
On April 12, Gold Standard Ventures Corp. (GSV:TSX.V; GSV:NYSE) announced that it had entered into an agreement to purchase Battle Mountain Gold Inc. (BMG:TSX.V; BMTNF:OTCPK). According to the company, "Gold Standard has agreed to acquire all of the issued and outstanding common shares of Battle Mountain for consideration of 0.1891 of a common share of Gold Standard plus $0.08 in cash for each Battle Mountain common share held. . .the arrangement values Battle Mountain at approximately C$0.59 per share, representing a premium of approximately 47% to the closing price of Battle Mountain."
According to the company, this acquisition:
- Enhances Gold Standard's leading position in Nevada, one of the world's most prolific gold producing regions.
- Provides Gold Standard with district scale property positions on both the Carlin Trend and Battle Mountain Trend, the most productive gold trends in Nevada.
- Adds additional growth potential through the Lewis gold project to Gold Standard's portfolio of Nevada assets.
President and CEO of Gold Standard Ventures Jonathan Awde stated, "We believe this transaction creates excellent value for the shareholders of both Gold Standard and Battle Mountain. We see an opportunity to increase our upside by adding a high quality under explored asset where we have proven expertise. "
Chet Idziszek, president and CEO of Battle Mountain, pointed out that "this transaction represents a significant premium for our shareholders, and allows us to gain exposure to Gold Standard's large and highly prospective exploration and development portfolio in Nevada, robust treasury, strong shareholder base, and experienced team."
In his April 12 report, PI Financial Analyst Brian Szeto notes that "Battle Mountain's flagship project is the Lewis gold project located in Nevada, United States. Although it is an early stage exploration project without a resource, we highlight that it is directly adjacent to Newmont's Phoenix open pit mine that has annual production of approximately 209,000 ounces of gold and 42 million pounds of copper."
Szeto views the transaction "positively as Gold Standard now has two projects located in two of Nevada's most prolific gold trends (the Carlin Trend and the Battle Mountain Trend). In addition it now also has two projects that are directly adjacent to two of Newmont's operating mines in Nevada (Phoenix and Emigrant/Rain) thus increasing the likelihood of Gold Standard being a takeout candidate itself down the road." He concludes by "maintaining our buy recommendation and speculative risk rating" and a target price of $3.70/share.
1) Melissa Farley compiled this article for Streetwise Reports LLC and provides services to Streetwise Reports as an employee. She owns, or members of her immediate household or family own, shares of the following companies mentioned in this article: None. She is, or members of her immediate household or family are, paid by the following companies mentioned in this article: None.
2) The following companies mentioned in this article are sponsors of Streetwise Reports: Gold Standard Ventures Corp. Streetwise Reports does not accept stock in exchange for its services. Click here for important disclosures about sponsor fees. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security.
3) Comments and opinions expressed are those of the specific experts and not of Streetwise Reports or its officers.
5) From time to time, Streetwise Reports LLC and its directors, officers, employees or members of their families, as well as persons interviewed for articles and interviews on the site, may have a long or short position in securities mentioned. Directors, officers, employees or members of their immediate families are prohibited from making purchases and/or sales of those securities in the open market or otherwise from the time of the interview or the decision to write an article, until one week after the publication of the interview or article.
This news is published on the Investorideas.com Newswire - a global digital news source for investors and business leaders
Disclaimer/Disclosure: Investorideas.com is a digital publisher of third party sourced news, articles and equity research as well as creates original content, including video, interviews and articles. Original content created by investorideas is protected by copyright laws other than syndication rights. Our site does not make recommendations for purchases or sale of stocks, services or products. Nothing on our sites should be construed as an offer or solicitation to buy or sell products or securities. All investment involves risk and possible loss of investment. This site is currently compensated for news publication and distribution, social media and marketing, content creation and more. Contact each company directly regarding content and press release questions. Disclosure is posted for each compensated news release, content published /created if required but otherwise the news was not compensated for and was published for the sole interest of our readers and followers. More disclaimer info: http://www.investorideas.com/About/Disclaimer.asp
Additional info regarding BC Residents and global Investors: Effective September 15 2008 - all BC investors should review all OTC and Pink sheet listed companies for adherence in new disclosure filings and filing appropriate documents with Sedar. Read for more info: http://www.bcsc.bc.ca/release.aspx?id=6894. Global investors must adhere to regulations of each country.