#Viridian Cannabis Deal Tracker for Week Ended 2/17/2017
Viridian Capital Advisors (www.viridianca.com)
February 22, 2017 (Investorideas.com Newswire) Viridian Capital Advisors, LLC reports on its weekly Viridian CANNABIS DEAL TRACKER for the week ending February 17, 2017.
Summary for the Week Ended February 17, 2017, 2017
- Announcements: 16
- Capital Raises: 6
- M&A Transactions: 6
- Capital Raise and M&A: 1
- Stock Listings: 3
- Capital Raises: 13 capital raises closed this week for a total of $13.2 million ($1.0 million average) compared to 7 raises closed for a total of $1.5 million ($0.2 million average) this week last year.
- M&A Transactions: 4 deals were closed this week compared to 1 deals closed this week last year.
- We have tracked over $100 million in capital raises closed by cannabis companies year-to-date.
- CannaRoyalty Corp. (CSE: CRZ) raised C$15.0 million in a bought deal offering for additional acquisitions and investments as well as for continued funding of its existing holdings and for working capital purposes.
- Kalytera Therapeutics, Inc. (TSXV: KALY), a developer of cannabinoid-based medicines, closed on C$1.6 million in the second tranche of its private placement to complete work required to advance the Talent Biotechs product into Phase 2b clinical testing for FDA purposes and for general corporate and working capital purposes.
- Canopy, a venture fund and business accelerator for companies developing ancillary products and services for the legal cannabis industry, invested $30,000 each into 10 companies in its Spring cohort.
- Helix TCS, Inc. (OTCPink: HLIX) received $180,000 through the issuance of a promissory note.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- CannaRoyalty Corp. (CSE: CRZ) acquired a 20% stake in Anandia Laboratories, Inc., a Health Canada-licensed company focused on independent cannabis testing as well as cannabis biochemistry and genetics.
- Kalytera Therapeutics, Inc. (TSXV: KALY) acquired Talent Biotechs, Ltd., an Israel-based company evaluating the use of cannabidiol (CBD) to prevent and treat graft versus host disease.
- GrowGeneration Corp. (OTCQB: GRWG) acquired all the assets of Sonoma Hydro, a retailer of hydroponics and other growing supplies in California.
- Laguna Blends, Inc. (CSE: LAG) acquired a 19% equity stake in Calsbad Naturals, LLC, a leader in the distribution and sale of CBD-infused water using its proprietary process of infusing CBD through nanotechnology.
Summary of Year-to-Date (YTD) Transactions
- We have tracked 43 capital raises totaling $123.9 million.
- Public versus Private:
- Public companies: 29 raises totaling $110.3 million
- Private companies: 14 raises totaling $13.6 million
- Equity versus Debt:
- Equity: 33 raises totaling $102.1 million
- Debt: 10 raises totaling $21.8 million
Mergers & Acquisitions
- We have tracked 23 M&A transactions.
- 20 deals by public companies
- 3 deals by private companies
- Canadian companies continue to acquire assets in U.S. cannabis markets.
- M&A activity in Agriculture Technology sector points to continued development and implementation of more advanced growing technologies as cultivators seek to maximize efficiency and to lower costs amid pricing pressure.
Kalytera Therapeutics, Inc. Announces Closing of Second Tranche of Brokered Private Placement
Infused Products & Extracts
Radient Announces Brokered Private Placement for Proceeds of C$6 Million
Canopy™ Invests $300,000 in 10 Cannabis Startups
CannaRoyalty Closes C$15 Million Bought Deal Offering
PharmaCan Capital Announces C$15 Million Bought Deal
Helix TCS, Inc. Issues Promissory Notes
Mergers & Acquisitions
GrowGeneration Acquires All the Assets of Sonoma Hydro Creating a $2.5 Million Northern California Retail Distribution Center
Kalytera Therapeutics Completes Acquisition of Talent Biotechs
Infused Products & Extracts
Laguna Finalizes a 19% Equity Stake in Carlsbad Naturals, CBD Bottled Water and Makes a $796,000 USD Payment in Cash and Common Shares
CannaRoyalty Completes 20% Acquisition of Anandia Labs, a Leader in Cannabis Testing, Extraction, and Genetics
Marapharm Ventures Inc. Announces That Its Subsidiary, Marapharm Washington, LLC has Entered into an Agreement to Purchase 13.6 acres of Industrial Land and Buildings Located in Washington State
South American Gold Receives Approved Acceptance of LOI to Acquire Cannabis Social Network
Capital Raise and M&A
Cultivation & Retail
Alliance Growers Financing and Project Status Update
Namaste Applies to Trade on OTCQB
Player's Network, Inc. Commences Trade on OTCQB
MJ Social Media Firm Examines Cross-Listing on Canadian Exchange
To Learn More About the Viridian CANNABIS DEAL TRACKER Contact:
Viridian Capital Advisors, LLC
* Viridian Capital Advisors and its affiliates, as well as their respective partners, directors, shareholders, and employees may have a position in the securities mentioned herein and may make purchases and/or sales from time to time. Viridian Capital Advisors, may act, or may have acted in the past, as a financial advisor, fiscal agent, or underwriter for certain of the companies mentioned herein and may receive, or may have received, a remuneration for their services from those companies.
About the Viridian CANNABIS DEAL TRACKER
The Viridian CANNABIS DEAL TRACKER monitors capital raise, mergers & acquisition, joint venture, and licensing activity for both public and private companies in the legal cannabis industry across 12 key sectors, including Agriculture Technology, Biotech/Pharma, Consulting Services, Consumption Devices, Cultivation & Retail, Hemp, Investments/M&A (Holding Companies), Infused Products & Extracts, Miscellaneous Ancillary, Physical Security, Real Estate, and Software/Media.
Leveraging more than 3 years of data that's been collected, segmented, and analyzed, the CANNABIS DEAL TRACKER supports smart decision-making by providing sector-specific actionable intelligence and trend analysis in regard to issuers, investors, acquirers, valuations, deal structures, and deal terms.
The above information whether in part or in its entirety neither constitutes an offer nor makes any recommendation to buy or sell any securities.
About Viridian Capital Advisors, LLC
Viridian Capital Advisors (www.viridianca.com) is a financial and strategic advisory firm dedicated to the cannabis market. We provide market intelligence, investment banking, investor relations, and corporate development services to emerging growth companies and qualified investors in the cannabis sector. Our banking practice, through broker-dealer Pickwick Capital Partners, provides capital and M&A to fund the growth of our clients, while our advisory practice helps to position and build their businesses. Our team’s decades of high level operating and transactional experience on Wall Street in a variety of emerging sectors, allows Viridian to provide comprehensive strategic and financial solutions that assist cannabis enterprises in realizing their full potential.
Like Marijuana Stocks? View our Marijuana / Hemp Stocks Directory
Join our Group on Linkedin - Marijuana / Hemp Stocks - News and Trends in Green Investing
This news is published on the Investorideas.com Newswire - a global digital news source for investors and business leaders
Disclaimer/Disclosure: Investorideas.com is a digital publisher of third party sourced news, articles and equity research as well as creates original content, including video, interviews and articles. Original content created by investorideas is protected by copyright laws other than syndication rights. Our site does not make recommendations for purchases or sale of stocks, services or products. Nothing on our sites should be construed as an offer or solicitation to buy or sell products or securities. All investment involves risk and possible loss of investment. This site is currently compensated for news publication and distribution, social media and marketing, content creation and more. Contact each company directly regarding content and press release questions. Disclosure is posted for each compensated news release, content published /created if required but otherwise the news was not compensated for and was published for the sole interest of our readers and followers. More disclaimer info: http://www.investorideas.com/About/Disclaimer.asp
Additional info regarding BC Residents and global Investors: Effective September 15 2008 - all BC investors should review all OTC and Pink sheet listed companies for adherence in new disclosure filings and filing appropriate documents with Sedar. Read for more info: http://www.bcsc.bc.ca/release.aspx?id=6894. Global investors must adhere to regulations of each country.