Horizontal Well in Permian Basin Completed
Source: Streetwise Reports
August 4, 2017 (Investorideas.com Newswire) A high-growth oil and gas exploration and production company drilled the first horizontal well on its Permian Basin acreage.
Torchlight Energy Resources Inc. (TRCH:NASDAQ) completed the drilling stage of the Flying B Ranch #3H well. The company announced on July 18 that the "horizontal leg at Total Depth was ~8,300 feet in the Wolfcamp A Bench. Preliminary indications from mud log and gamma ray MWD readings indicated a consistent exposure to the planned pay zone over the entire length of the lateral."
The company also stated that it plans to "employ a 25 stage frac over a 5,000-foot section of the lateral wellbore where casing was successfully set and cemented in place. Frac design will be consistent with the latest technology being utilized by others in the Midland Basin."
Torchlight's project geologist, Rich Masterson, said, "We have managed to stay in zone and the logs indicate that we should be able to frac this well in a manner consistent with other Midland Basin wells targeting the Wolfcamp A interval. We encountered good shows of oil in the samples and good gas on the mud log chromatograph."
Dallas Salazar, CEO of ATLAS Consulting, noted that "Torchlight's successful drilling of its first Permian Well derisks its asset base in the Hazel Project, a historic derisking event for the E&P, and does well to help prove out the Permian-tethered investment thesis."
"Given that the Flying B Ranch #3H is a 5,000-foot lateral, the Flying B Ranch #3H will be large enough to provide the data necessary for Torchlight to determine a baseline for "barrels per 1000 feet of lateral," an incredibly important data set to be able to establish," Salazar explained. "This data set is necessary to allow Torchlight to create comparisons to other Midland Basin completions [i.e., Wells] and to other Wells potentially competing for capital. If the Flying B Ranch #3H data are productive, really, if the well produces how we expect it to produce, Torchlight's Permian acreage will compete for capital on a global stage and will be competitive from a return standpoint on a global stage. The Flying B Ranch #3H isn't just a well, it's an opportunity for Torchlight to complete the first phase of its turnaround."
Read what other experts are saying about:
1) Patrice Fusillo compiled this article for Streetwise Reports LLC and provides services to Streetwise Reports as an employee. She owns, or members of her immediate household or family own, securities of the following companies mentioned in this article: None. She is, or members of her immediate household or family are, paid by the following companies mentioned in this article: None.
2) Dallas Salazar: I, or members of my family or household or company (ATLAS Consulting), own greater than 1% but less than 5% of the outstanding shares of the following companies mentioned in this interview: Torchlight Energy Resources Inc. I personally am, or members of my immediate household or family are, paid by the following companies mentioned in this article: None. My company has a financial relationship with the following companies mentioned in this article: None.
3) Torchlight Energy Resources Inc. is a billboard sponsor of Streetwise Reports. Streetwise Reports does not accept stock in exchange for its services. Click here for important disclosures about sponsor fees. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security.
4) Comments and opinions expressed are those of the specific experts and not of Streetwise Reports or its officers.
6) From time to time, Streetwise Reports LLC and its directors, officers, employees or members of their families, as well as persons interviewed for articles and interviews on the site, may have a long or short position in securities mentioned. Directors, officers, employees or members of their immediate families are prohibited from making purchases and/or sales of those securities in the open market or otherwise from the time of the interview or the decision to write an article, until one week after the publication of the interview or article. As of the date of this article, officers and/or employees of Streetwise Reports LLC (including members of their household) own securities of Torchlight Energy Resources Inc., a company mentioned in this article.
This news is published on the Investorideas.com Newswire - a global digital news source for investors and business leaders
Disclaimer/Disclosure: Investorideas.com is a digital publisher of third party sourced news, articles and equity research as well as creates original content, including video, interviews and articles. Original content created by investorideas is protected by copyright laws other than syndication rights. Our site does not make recommendations for purchases or sale of stocks, services or products. Nothing on our sites should be construed as an offer or solicitation to buy or sell products or securities. All investment involves risk and possible loss of investment. This site is currently compensated for news publication and distribution, social media and marketing, content creation and more. Contact each company directly regarding content and press release questions. Disclosure is posted for each compensated news release, content published /created if required but otherwise the news was not compensated for and was published for the sole interest of our readers and followers. More disclaimer info: http://www.investorideas.com/About/Disclaimer.asp
Additional info regarding BC Residents and global Investors: Effective September 15 2008 - all BC investors should review all OTC and Pink sheet listed companies for adherence in new disclosure filings and filing appropriate documents with Sedar. Read for more info: http://www.bcsc.bc.ca/release.aspx?id=6894. Global investors must adhere to regulations of each country.