Token Summit Returns For Second Edition In San Francisco
Stellar list of speakers announced for discussions on the Token Economy
San Francisco, CA - December 1, 2017 (Investorideas.com Newswire) Following the sell-out success of the inaugural Token Summit in New York in May, the popular blockchain event will return for a second iteration in San Francisco's Mission Bay Conference Center at UCSF on December 4-5. Organized and hosted by blockchain author and investor, William Mougayar and 1confirmation founder Nick Tomaino, the conference will focus primarily on successful business models beyond Initial Coin Offerings (ICO) and the evolution of today's token-based economy. Token Summit II will feature 40 prominent speakers and is expected to draw more than 650 attendees from around the world.
William Mougayar said, "Our work has always been about the token, and less about the ICO itself. We pride ourselves on attracting the best conference participants, and curating the most up-to-date topics and speakers that reflect the proper realities in the market, while achieving a balance between experienced practitioners and aspiring projects. We aim to strike an undertone of conservatism and level-headedness in an industry that is starting to see its share of bad actors."
Nick Tomaino added: "There's currently a huge gap in the market that separates the technical innovation that's occurring in the blockchain ecosystem and the average person's perception of what tokens are and why they are important. The ICO boom of 2017 seems to be widening that gap. Our event aims to bridge this gap by bringing together many of the best entrepreneurs and investors in the industry."
In San Francisco, the agenda will explore the following topics:
- Designing token-based economies
- What gives a token long-term value?
- Understanding the emerging decentralized exchanges
- Transparency best practices in token generation events
- Decentralized protocols and their network efforts
- How Gibraltar plans on regulating token sales
- The burgeoning Crypto Valley in Zug, Switzerland
- The evolving regulatory space and its latest practices
- Scaling blockchains to implement large-scale applications
- Usability and custody of tokenized assets
In May, 2017 over 500 people converged on the NYU Stern Business School for the first conference of its kind; one that elevated the standard of dialogue surrounding today's token-based economy. Following that event, several speakers launched trailblazing projects, including Kik, Golem, Civic, Protocol Labs, Blockstack, Sia, 0x, Brave, Zcash, and Aragon.
Token Summit II will be the launchpad for significant industry announcements and presentations by up-and-coming projects, including 1protocol, Basecoin, Dether, Dydx, Lendroid, and Ocean. The event will also feature panels and fireside chats with established industry luminaries, influential CEOs, and pioneers writing the next chapter of blockchain technology. Some of these include:
- Juan Benet, Founder of Protocol Labs and IPFS/Filecoin inventor
- Oliver Bussmann, President of the Crypto Valley Association
- Nick Cowan, Founder of the Gibraltar Stock Exchange Group
- Richard Craib, Founder and CEO, Numerai
- Fred Ehrsam, Co-Founder at Coinbase and former CEO
- Ralf Glabischnig, Co-Founder Crypto Valley Labs
- Jeff Garzik, Co-Founder of Metronome and former Bitcoin core developer
- Kathryn Haun, Coinbase Board Member
- Joseph Poon, Co-Author of Plasma and Lightning Network
- Naval Ravikant, Co-Founder of Coinlist and Angelist and Metastable
- Matthew Roszak, Co-Founder of Metronome
- Ned Scott, Co-Founder & CEO, Steemit
- Ryan Selkis, Entrepreneur-in-Residence, ConsenSys
- Balaji Srivinasan, CEO of 21.co
- Shawn Wilkinson, Founder and CTO at Storj
- Nancy Wojtas, Partner at Cooley
Token Summit II is sponsored at the Platinum level by Element Group, Etherparty, Steemit, Ledger, Metronome, and Storj, and at the Gold level by Changelly, Coinbase, Etherisc, Lendroid and Silvergate Bank.
About the Token Summit
Launched as a sold-out inaugural conference in May 2017 in New York City, the Token Summit is the premier event covering the token-based economy, and grouping the best minds, entrepreneurs and organizations who are pioneering the new frontier of blockchain-based decentralized models and best practices. Token Summit is co-founded and co-hosted by William Mougayar, investor and author of The Business Blockchain, and Nick Tomaino, founder of 1confirmation. The next conferences takes place in San Francisco on December 4-5 2017, and in New York City on May 16-17, 2018. Visit www.tokensummit.com for more information.
40 Exchange Place
New York, NY 10005
P: (917) 900-6034
Bitcoin, Blockchain and Digital Currency Stocks and ICO's
Like Bitcoin, Blockchain and Digital Currency Stocks?
This news is published on the Investorideas.com Newswire - a global digital news source for investors and business leaders
Disclaimer/Disclosure: Investorideas.com is a digital publisher of third party sourced news, articles and equity research as well as creates original content, including video, interviews and articles. Original content created by investorideas is protected by copyright laws other than syndication rights. Our site does not make recommendations for purchases or sale of stocks, services or products. Nothing on our sites should be construed as an offer or solicitation to buy or sell products or securities. All investment involves risk and possible loss of investment. This site is currently compensated for news publication and distribution, social media and marketing, content creation and more. Contact each company directly regarding content and press release questions. Disclosure is posted for each compensated news release, content published /created if required but otherwise the news was not compensated for and was published for the sole interest of our readers and followers. More disclaimer info: http://www.investorideas.com/About/Disclaimer.asp
Additional info regarding BC Residents and global Investors: Effective September 15 2008 - all BC investors should review all OTC and Pink sheet listed companies for adherence in new disclosure filings and filing appropriate documents with Sedar. Read for more info: http://www.bcsc.bc.ca/release.aspx?id=6894. Global investors must adhere to regulations of each country.