Home Healthcare Revenues to Grow 5.7% Annually Through 2021
December 5, 2017 (Investorideas.com Newswire) Through 2021, revenues for home healthcare are projected to increase 5.7% annually to $104 billion. Growth will be driven by a number of factors, including:
- a shift in preferences toward aging in place
- improving technology that allows more types of care to be provided in the home
- expanding coverage and participation by a variety of payment sources
- lack of access to institutional care in rural areas
- cost advantages over institutional skilled nursing care
- rising interest in PERS monitoring
- the advantage of providing care in a patient’s home, which can lead to improved patient outcomes
Faster gains will be limited by competition from nurses that are hired directly by the individual or their family, which are not covered within the scope of the study. Revenues are also restrained by the fact that some individuals refuse to receive healthcare services in their home. These and other trends are presented in Elder Care Services Market in the US, 4th Edition, a new study from The Freedonia Group, a Cleveland-based industry research firm.
Revenues for all elder care services are projected to increase 4.8% annually through 2021 to $388 billion. Gains will be supported by a variety of factors, including:
- an aging population, particularly as the large baby boomer demographic advances into age cohorts that require a greater level of care
- increasing cost of care
- continued desire among older adults to age in place and contract for the professional services that enable them to do so
- reduced stigma attached to receiving care, especially among males
Elder Care Services Market in the US, 4th Edition (published 11/2017, 188 pages) is available for $5200 from The Freedonia Group. For further details or to arrange an interview with the analyst, please contact Corinne Gangloff by phone 440.684.9600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Related studies include:
- #3517 Private Security Services in the US, 15th Edition (April 2017)
- #3378 Disposable Medical Supplies (February 2016)
About The Freedonia Group, a division of MarketResearch.com - The Freedonia Group is a leading international industrial research company publishing more than 100 studies annually. Since 1985, we have provided research to customers ranging in size from global conglomerates to one-person consulting firms. More than 90% of the industrial companies in the Fortune 500 use Freedonia Group research to help with their strategic planning. Other Services studies can be purchased at www.freedoniagroup.com, www.marketresearch.com, and www.profound.com.
This news is published on the Investorideas.com Newswire - a global digital news source for investors and business leaders
Disclaimer/Disclosure: Investorideas.com is a digital publisher of third party sourced news, articles and equity research as well as creates original content, including video, interviews and articles. Original content created by investorideas is protected by copyright laws other than syndication rights. Our site does not make recommendations for purchases or sale of stocks, services or products. Nothing on our sites should be construed as an offer or solicitation to buy or sell products or securities. All investment involves risk and possible loss of investment. This site is currently compensated for news publication and distribution, social media and marketing, content creation and more. Contact each company directly regarding content and press release questions. Disclosure is posted for each compensated news release, content published /created if required but otherwise the news was not compensated for and was published for the sole interest of our readers and followers. More disclaimer info: http://www.investorideas.com/About/Disclaimer.asp Learn more about publishing your news release on the Investorideas.com newswire http://www.investorideas.com/News-Upload/
Additional info regarding BC Residents and global Investors: Effective September 15 2008 - all BC investors should review all OTC and Pink sheet listed companies for adherence in new disclosure filings and filing appropriate documents with Sedar. Read for more info: http://www.bcsc.bc.ca/release.aspx?id=6894. Global investors must adhere to regulations of each country.