How to Avoid Fumbling the Football in the Red Zone of Retirement
The 6 Documents You Need for Your Estate Plan Playbook
August 21, 2014 (www.investorideas.com newswire) The start of football season may be months away, but the game's on the minds of many after the NFL draft. Minicamps are gearing up and team personnel are organizing in preparation for the 2014-15 season.
Football is a big deal in the United States – and so is the surge of retirees – 10,000 baby boomers every day for the next 18 years, says multi-certified planner Larry Roby. The last thing pre-retirees want to do at this stage of their lives is to fumble while in the red zone of their retirement date, he says.
"Only 23 percent of pre-retirees have calculated how much they'll need to save for retirement, according to New Retirement Landscape; while three-quarters say they're confident in the red zone of retirement, an equal amount of people haven't even done the math yet!" says Roby, founder and president of Senior Financial Advisors, (www.sfabridge.com), a wealth-management firm that holds ethics and education as top priorities.
"Confidence in your retirement portfolio is good – if it's justified. Otherwise, it can lull people into a false sense of security and lack of preparedness."
Having a diverse portfolio and understanding your options for life insurance, Social Security and 401(k) or other retirement accounts are staples for retirement planning. But there are also six crucial documents that are often either not in an individual's playbook or are overlooked.
Here are the six documents you need for a solid red zone estate plan:
- Joint Ownership -- Enables you to own property jointly with another person and upon the death of the joint tenant, the surviving joint tenant automatically becomes the owner of the property.
- Last Will and Testament – A legal document which expresses the wishes of a person concerning the disposition of their property after death and names the person who will manage the estate.
- Durable Power of Attorney – Grants authority to another individual to act on behalf of the person who executes the instrument and are commonly used for legal and financial purposes.
- Durable Health Care Power of Attorney- Grants authority to another individual to make health care decisions on your behalf should you be unable to make such decisions.
- Advance Care Directive – A set of written instructions in which a person specifies what actions should be taken for their health, if they are no longer able to make decisions due to illness or incapacity.
- Living Trust – Created during your lifetime. Assets are transferred to the trust while you are alive. Provides written instructions for the disbursement of the trust assets upon your death.
"These documents can play a vital role in the major plays during the fourth quarter of your life," Roby says. "Understanding how they work now can make the difference between a last-minute victory or loss."
About Larry Roby
Larry Roby is the founder and president of Senior Financial Advisors, (www.sfabridge.com). He is a four-year member of the Million Dollar Round Table and has achieved "Court of the Table" status for the past three years. Roby attained his Series 65 license, which allows him to serve as an Investment Advisor Representative. He is also a Registered Financial Consultant, IARFC.org; RICP, Retirement Income Certified Professional; Licensed Insurance Agent and MCEP, Master Certified Estate Planner – NICEP.com.
National Print Campaign Manager
News and Experts
3748 Turman Loop #101
Wesley Chapel, FL 33544
Tel: 727-443-7115, Extension 207
This news is published on the Investorideas.com Newswire and its syndicated partner network
Get free news alerts:
Sign up here
Published at the Investorideas.com Newswire - Big ideas for Global Investors
Disclaimer/ Disclosure:The Investorideas.com newswire is a third party publisher of news as well as creates original content as a news source. Original content created by investor ideas is protected by copyright laws other than syndication rights. Investorideas is a news source on Google news and global syndication partners. Our site does not make recommendations for purchases or sale of stocks or products. Nothing on our sites should be construed as an offer or solicitation to buy or sell products or securities. All investment involves risk and possible loss of investment. This site is currently compensated by featured companies, news submissions and advertising. Contact each company directly for press release questions. Disclosure is posted on each release if required but otherwise the news was not compensated for and is published for the sole interest of our readers.
BC Residents and Investor Disclaimer: Effective September 15 2008 - all BC investors should review all OTC and Pink sheet listed companies for adherence in new disclosure filings and filing appropriate documents with Sedar. Read for more info: http://www.bcsc.bc.ca/release.aspx?id=6894. Global investors must adhere to regulations of each country.