Social Media Stock Alert: LinkedIn (LNKD) Soars on Earnings Report
Category: Investment, Social Media, Technology
February 8, 2013 (www.investorideas.com newswire) Investorideas.com staff: Investorideas.com, an investor research portal specializing in sector research for independent investors issues a trading alert for tech social media stock, LinkedIn Corporation (NYSE:LNKD), trading at $146.80, gaining $ 22.71 or 18.30% as of 11:10AM EST on over 7 Million shares. The stock had a morning high of $148.90 following news reported yesterday after the bell of its financial results for the fourth quarter and full year ended December 31, 2012.
- Revenue for the fourth quarter was $303.6 million, an increase of 81% compared to $167.7 million in the fourth quarter of 2011.
- Net income for the fourth quarter was $11.5 million, compared to net income of $6.9 million for the fourth quarter of 2011. Non-GAAP net income for the fourth quarter was $40.2 million, compared to $13.3 million for the fourth quarter of 2011. Non-GAAP measures exclude tax-affected stock-based compensation expense and tax-affected amortization of acquired intangible assets.
- Adjusted EBITDA for the fourth quarter was $78.6 million, or 26% of revenue, compared to $34.4 million for the fourth quarter of 2011, or 21% of revenue.
- GAAP diluted EPS for the fourth quarter was $0.10; Non-GAAP diluted EPS for the fourth quarter was $0.35.
- For the full year 2012, revenue increased 86% to $972.3 million from $522.2 million. GAAP diluted EPS increased to $0.19 from $0.11 and Non-GAAP diluted EPS increased to $0.89 from $0.35. Adjusted EBITDA increased to $223.0 million from $98.7 million.
Founded in 2003, LinkedIn connects the world's professionals to make them more productive and successful. With more than 200 million members worldwide, including executives from every Fortune 500 company, LinkedIn is the world's largest professional network on the Internet. The company has a diversified business model with revenue coming from Talent Solutions, Marketing Solutions and Premium Subscriptions. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, LinkedIn also has offices across the globe.
InvestorIdeas.com is a leader in investor stock research by sector, featuring stock news, commentary and trading alerts in leading sectors including coal stocks, biotech, tech, mining, energy, water, renewable energy, beverage stocks and more.
Follow Investorideas.com on Twitter http://twitter.com/#!/Investorideas
Follow Investorideas.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Investorideas
Follow Investorideas.com News on Linkedin.com/today at http://www.linkedin.com/today/investorideas.com
Sign up for the free investor news and stock alerts at Investorideas.com
Become an Investorideas.com Member and access our 14 online stock directories 24/7 - tech stocks, social media, water, renewable energy, mining stocks and more…
Disclaimer/ Disclosure : The Investorideas.com is a third party publisher of news and research Our sites do not make recommendations, but offer information portals to research news, articles, stock lists and recent research. Nothing on our sites should be construed as an offer or solicitation to buy or sell products or securities. This site is currently compensated by featured companies, news submissions and online advertising.
BC Residents and Investor Disclaimer : Effective September 15 2008 - all BC investors should review all OTC and Pink sheet listed companies for adherence in new disclosure filings and filing appropriate documents with Sedar. Read for more info: http://www.bcsc.bc.ca/release.aspx?id=6894
800-665-0411 - Source - www.Investorideas.com