Tech Stock Breaking News: Research In Motion (RIMM) Second Quarter Results Start a Rally
Category: Investment, Technology
Ideas get bigger when you share them...
News about Research In Motion
New York, NY - September 28, 2012 (Investorideas.com newswire, www.techsectorstocks.com) Investor Ideas, a global investor research portal for independent investors, issues a tech stock trading alert for Research In Motion Limited (NASDAQ: RIMM), (TSX:RIM) following second quarter results that were better than the street expected. Investors love an underdog that performs and the market pre-open is seeing a surge in the stock price. The stock is up over 15% before the bell from its close of $7.14.
- BlackBerry subscriber base increased to approximately 80 million global subscribers
- Cash, cash equivalents, short-term and long-term investments increased by approximately $100 million to $2.3 billion at the end of the second quarter
- Cash flow from operations was approximately $432 million in the second quarter
- Revenue of $2.9 billion in Q2, up 2% from $2.8 billion in Q1
- GAAP net loss in Q2 of $235 million, or $0.45 per share diluted, including $136 million in pre-tax restructuring costs; adjusted net loss of $142 million, or $0.27 per share diluted
- Shipments of BlackBerry smartphones were 7.4 million and shipments of BlackBerry PlayBook tablets were approximately 130,000
About Research In Motion
Research In Motion (RIM), a global leader in wireless innovation, revolutionized the mobile industry with the introduction of the BlackBerry(R) solution in 1999. Today, BlackBerry products and services are used by millions of customers around the world to stay connected to the people and content that matter most throughout their day. Founded in 1984 and based in Waterloo, Ontario, RIM operates offices in North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Latin America. RIM is listed on the NASDAQ Stock Market (RIMM) and the Toronto Stock Exchange (RIM.TO). For more information, visit www.rim.com or www.blackberry.com.
InvestorIdeas.com is a leader in investor stock research by sector, featuring stock news, commentary and trading alerts. Sectors include biotech stocks, tech stocks, beverage stocks, mining stocks, water, renewable energy, oil and gas.
Follow Investorideas.com on Twitter http://twitter.com/#!/Investorideas
Follow Investorideas.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Investorideas
Follow Investorideas.com News on Linkedin.com/today at http://www.linkedin.com/today/investorideas.com
Sign up for the free investor news and stock alerts at Investorideas.com
Join Investor Ideas Get 14 of the best stock directories online;
Research tech stocks, oil and gas stocks, gold stocks, water stocks, renewable energy stocks and more
Disclaimer: Our sites do not make recommendations. Nothing on our sites should be construed as an offer or solicitation to buy or sell products or securities. We attempt to research thoroughly, but we offer no guarantees as to the accuracy of information presented. All Information relating to featured companies is sourced from public documents and/ or the company and is not the opinion of our web sites. This site is currently compensated by featured companies, news submissions and online advertising . www.InvestorIdeas.com/About/Disclaimer.asp
800-665-0411 - Source - www.Investorideas.com