RESOLVE TO SAVE AND INVEST IN 2013: THE WEB'S 13 BEST RESOURCES
Visit: Alliance for Investor Education
WASHINGTON, D.C. - December 12, 2012 (www.investorideas.com newswire) Will saving and investing more be one of your New Year's resolutions? If you are already saving and investing, when was the last time you reviewed your plan to make sure that your nest egg is on track with what you will need in the future?
With the New Year's resolution season rapidly approaching, the nonprofit Alliance for Investor Education (AIE) is making available "Resolve to Save and Invest in 2013: The Web's 13 Best Resources" at http://www.investoreducation.org/resolvetosaveandinvest2013. AIE is a consortium of 22 leading U.S. financial-related foundations, nonprofit organizations, associations and governmental agencies.
AIE President Sue Duncan, who also serves as vice president of the Investment Company Institute Education Foundation, said: "The New Year is an opportunity to reflect and take action to improve your financial situation. The Alliance for Investor Education wants to make sure that Americans are armed with the best available information as they plan how to save and invest in 2013. Whether you are new to investing or want to do a better job of handling your investments, this resource is a great place to start."
The new "Resolve to Save and Invest in 2013" section of the AIE Web site features the following 13 top resources for consumers:
1. Your Spending, Your Savings, Your Future – http://bit.ly/XaWTRB, National Endowment for Financial Education.
2. The Retirement Brain Game – http://bit.ly/UBrFTE, Insured Retirement Institute.
3. Consumer Guide to Financial Planning - http://bit.ly/VC8CHA, CFP Board.
4. Practical Savings Tips for Every Day Saving - http://bit.ly/RoRTvY, American Saves Education Council/Employee Benefit Research Institute.
5. Guiding Principles - http://bit.ly/VC8FD0, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
6. Learn About Investing - http://bit.ly/QV8xC2, Investor Protection Trust/Investor Protection Institute.
7. Opening a Brokerage Account - http://bit.ly/XaXym4, Financial Industry Regulatory Authority.
8. Getting an Early Start on Saving for Retirement - http://bit.ly/RoS36H, 360 Degrees of Financial Literacy/ American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
9. Investing Basics FAQs - http://bit.ly/SazxyS, American Association of Individual Investors.
10. Discipline's Reward: The Power of Rebalancing - http://bit.ly/SQLkzi, CFA Institute.
11. Four Steps to Your Financial Freedom - http://bit.ly/TUy9hS, Federal Reserve Board.
12. 401(k) Resource Center - http://bit.ly/UBs4p8, Investment Company Institute.
13. Conversation Starters: How to Have the Money Talk with Your Loved Ones – http://bit.ly/127KEL0, North American Securities Administrators Association.
For an overview of the rest of the best investor education resources on the Web from AIE members, go to http://www.investoreducation.org.
Founded in 1996, the Alliance for Investor Education Web site at http://www.InvestorEducation.org provides investors with access to a full range of information they need to make wise investment decisions. The 22-member Alliance for Investor Education is dedicated to facilitating greater understanding of investing, investments and the financial markets among current and prospective investors of all ages. We pursue initiatives for education and join with others to motivate Americans to obtain objective information and increase their knowledge and understanding of investing.
Full members of the Alliance include: American Association of Individual Investors, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants/360 Degrees of Financial Literacy, American Savings Education Council, CFA Institute, Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc., Employee Benefit Research Institute, Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, Investment Company Institute Education Foundation, Investor Protection Trust, Insured Retirement Institute, National Association of Real Estate Investment Trusts, National Endowment for Financial Education, National Futures Association, Options Industry Council, SIFMA Foundation, Securities Investor Protection Corporation, and the Society for Financial Education and Professional Development.
The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission, the U.S. Federal Trade Commission's Bureau of Consumer Protection, the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, and the North American Securities Administrators Association are the governmental and quasi-governmental advisors to the Alliance.
Ailis Aaron Wolf, for AIE, (703) 276-3265 or email@example.com.
This news is published on the Investorideas.com Newswire - a global digital news source for investors and business leaders
Disclaimer/Disclosure: Investorideas.com is a digital publisher of third party sourced news, articles and equity research as well as creates original content, including video, interviews and articles. Original content created by investorideas is protected by copyright laws other than syndication rights. Our site does not make recommendations for purchases or sale of stocks, services or products. Nothing on our sites should be construed as an offer or solicitation to buy or sell products or securities. All investment involves risk and possible loss of investment. This site is currently compensated for news publication and distribution, social media and marketing, content creation and more. Contact each company directly regarding content and press release questions. Disclosure is posted for each compensated news release, content published /created if required but otherwise the news was not compensated for and was published for the sole interest of our readers and followers. More disclaimer info: http://www.investorideas.com/About/Disclaimer.asp
Additional info regarding BC Residents and global Investors: Effective September 15 2008 - all BC investors should review all OTC and Pink sheet listed companies for adherence in new disclosure filings and filing appropriate documents with Sedar. Read for more info: http://www.bcsc.bc.ca/release.aspx?id=6894. Global investors must adhere to regulations of each country.