InvestingInWireless.com - A Leading Global Website for Wireless Stocks,- Mobile Payment Stocks, Mobile Security Stocks, Mobile Gaming Stocks, Mobile App Stocks and Smartphone Stocks
Wireless Stocks Directory - Mobile Payment Stocks, Mobile Security Stocks, Mobile Gaming Stocks, Mobile App Stocks and Smartphone Stocks
Visit the Tech Stocks Directory with Listed Tech Companies on TSX, TSX Venture, OTC, NASDAQ, AMEX, NYSE, ASX, AIM and other leading Stock Exchanges
Read More News
Wireless Research and Articles
Read More Articles
Fri, 01 Aug 2014 04:45:25 PDT
Microsoft board adds mobile savvy with Stanton
(Wed, 30 Jul 2014 15:36:19 -0700)
Microsoft Corp named wireless industry pioneer John Stanton to its board on Wednesday, adding a director with experience in the mobile sector it has struggled to crack. The move to appoint Stanton, 58, who until last year was the chairman of wireless broadband company Clearwire Corp, comes six months into the leadership of new Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella, whose motto for the company is "mobile ...
Wireless industry veteran John Stanton joins Microsoft's board
(Wed, 30 Jul 2014 14:20:59 -0700)
John Stanton, a wireless industry pioneer and former top executive at companies including McCaw Cellular and Clearwire, has been appointed to Microsoft's board of directors. Stanton, who founded the company that eventually led to T-Mobile USA, is currently chairman of private equity fund Trilogy Equity Partners, and Trilogy International Partners, a wireless operator in Central and South America ...
Microsoft Just Nabbed A Mobile Industry Guru For Its Board Of Directors
(Wed, 30 Jul 2014 14:54:27 -0700)
Microsoft has added a new board member to its...
Hulu makes its free content available in updated Android app
(Thu, 31 Jul 2014 10:33:01 PDT)
Some of Hulu's free web content is now also available to Android users who don't pay for Hulu Plus.
Hulu makes its free content available in updated Android app originally published by Gigaom, © copyright 2014.
As its suitors amass, T-Mobile beats out its competitors in Q2 subscriber growth
(Thu, 31 Jul 2014 10:14:47 PDT)
T-Mobile added 1.5 million new mobile connections in 2nd quarter, beating out its three larger rivals in growth, but it didn't come close to matching the blowout performance of Q1.
As its suitors amass, T-Mobile beats out its competitors in Q2 subscriber growth originally published by Gigaom, © copyright 2014.
If only it were 2009: BlackBerry releases a BBM app for Windows Phone
(Thu, 31 Jul 2014 09:52:58 PDT)
There's a new BBM app for Windows Phone, bringing the messaging service to all three major mobile platforms (sorry BlackBerry.)
If only it were 2009: BlackBerry releases a BBM app for Windows Phone originally published by Gigaom, © copyright 2014.
Wireless Investing Blogs
Mobile Gaming News
- Blue's News: regular updates and article format news on the latest mods and developments in the gaming world. www.bluesnews.com
- Classic Gaming: http://www.classicgaming.com/
- CNET News.com: daily technology news from CNet, including enterprise, e-business, communications, media, science, and personal technology stories. http://news.com.com/
- Gamedev.net is the leading resource for game developers, featuring daily news updates www.gamedev.net
- GeekExtreme - Tech News and Reviews - www.geekextreme.com
- I4U News: The Technology News Magazine and Gadget Shopping Guide www.i4u.com
- Mobile Gaming News: The mobile gaming industry is generating lots of momentum and here is some recent news on the market:
- Mobile Content News: http://www.moconews.net/index.php?cat=11
- Mobile Mag http://mobilemag.com/content/100/345/
- Phone Game Review: http://www.phonegamereview.com/
- Warp2Search - Daily Tech News http://www.warp2search.net
- Wireless Gaming Review: http://www.wgamer.com/
- Wireless Developer Network: leading provider of daily news & commentary for the wireless economy & mobile Internet! www.wirelessdevnet.com
- ZDNet :product reviews, computing news, downloads, how-tos, developer guides, columns, and more. www.zdnet.com
Mobile Music News
- Cellular-news - a leading wireless telecoms news and information portal
- Digital Music News: Technology News for Music Industry Professionals
- Mobile Music News: Recent news on the mobile music market
- The Mobile Music section is sponsored by MobZilla:
- Billboard: news, current charts, artist information, tour finder, and the latest headlines from Billboard Magazine.
- Mobile Phone News and Reviews (MobileBurn) - Mobile Phone News and Reviews.\
- MusicDish LLC: Music Industry News Network
- Music Industry Resources - New Music Releases - Latest Music News - The Hollywood Reporter
Wireless News and Research Resources
- 123Tech.com is a technology consulting company whose mission is to help small businesses to implement new technologies. Their services include software/hardware installation, troubleshooting, maintenance, network installations, web page design & hosting, domain name registration, and web-based website editors.
- ACM Tech News is a major force in advancing the skills of information technology professionals and students worldwide. ACM provides Portal to Computing Literature, authoritative publications and pioneering conference technology.
- Budde.com is an independent global telecommunications research and consultancy company, which includes 45 national and international researchers in 15 countries. The subscription based website specializes in the strategic planning of interactive services such as video media, internet, multimedia and intelligent and value-added networks based on telecommunications, broadband and satellite networks.
- Cable Datacom News is the only news source that exclusively tracks the cable IP infrastructure, applications and services market. Coverage areas include cable IP data, cable IP telephony, cable OSS, metro optical, broadband content, and home networking.
- Cell Phones Talk - Provides daily updated cell phone news and reviews as well as tips/glossary.
- Cellular News
- Cellular Phone News
- CNet is a tech news portal news that caters to enterprise decision makers, IT professionals, small business decision makers, developers, tech enthusiasts, and resellers.
Wireless News Sources
Industry Articles by Investorideas.com
- Mobile Search Offers Viable Revenue Models Through Innovative Technology and Growing Mobile Content - Mobile search has become an inviting opportunity for firms such as AskMeNow (OTCBB: OWHC), Baidu.com (NASDAQ: BIDU), InfoSpace (NASDAQ:INSP), Ask.com (NASDAQ: IACI), and Microsoft (NASDAQ; MSFT) as they continue to pursue innovative technology to take advantage of the growing demands of the mobile user and the increasing amount of content available on today's handsets. While the potentially lucrative mobile advertising model is believed to be further down the road, companies are currently looking at different channels for creating viable revenue models to capitalize on the growing number of mobile users.
- Convergence in Mobile Devices Drives Travel Technology Adoption and Innovation - Innovations in GPS are discussed with companies such as Garmin International (NASDAQ: GRMN), and Palm Inc.(NASDAQ:PALM), with insights provided by AskMeNow (OTCBB: OWHC) on its application that enables travelers to access relevant information from their mobile device. Logitech (NASDAQ: LOGI) shares video communication evolution, while Sling Media Inc., Coby Electronics Corporation and XM Satellite (NASDAQ: XMSR) reveal details regarding unique portable entertainment devices.
- Securing Wireless Communication in the Enterprise - A report on the rising integration of mobile and wireless technology into today's enterprise. Challenges and opportunities are revealed by Amy Feng, Managing Director and Senior Analyst, Infrastructure Software for JMP Securities LLC as well as by industry participants Symantec Corporation (NASDAQ: SYMC), McAfee, Inc. (NYSE: MFE), Roaming Messenger, Inc. (OTCBB: RMSG) and Cisco Systems, Inc. (CSCO).
- Innovation in Mobile Search Technology, Unique Content and Mobile Digital Entertainment Open New Avenues for Market and ARPU Growth. Market perspectives are presented from Richi Jennings, Analyst with Ferris Research, Inc. as well as mobile digital entertainment providers RealNetworks Inc. (NASDAQ: RNWK); and Warner Music Group Corp. (NYSE: WMG); in addition to AskMeNow (OTCBB: OWHC - InfoByPhone Corp. d.b.a. AskMeNow, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ocean West Holding Corp.); and InfoSpace Inc. (NASDAQ: INSP), mobile search innovators.
- Analysts raise concerns over Research In Motion Stock Valuation InvestorIdeas.com - Following the release of news that Research in Motion (RIMM), the makers of the popular Blackberry handheld wireless device, has an exposure to a patent infringement lawsuit, the company's share price has dropped five percent. On Wednesday RIMM shares were trading at $82.52, down $4.52, or 5.2 percent.
Featured Mobile and Wireless Articles By Industry Participants
Marketwire - Wireless/Mobile Feeds
Fri, 01 Aug 2014 03:00:58 EDT
M3AAWG verÃ¶ffentlicht Best Practices fÃ¼r Service-Provider zur BekÃ¤mpfung von zunehmenden SMS-Spam
(Fri, 01 Aug 2014 02:30:00 EDT)
SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwired - Aug 1, 2014) -
Das nun von der 'Messaging, Malware and Mobile Anti-Abuse Working Group' (M3AAWG) unter dem Titel 'Mobile Messaging Best Practices for Service Providers' verÃ¶ffentlichte Dokument ist eine Reaktion auf Milliarden von Spam-SMS, die jÃ¤hrlich versendet werden, und bietet der Branche Richtlinien an, um die Endanwender besser zu schÃ¼tzen. Die Best Practices sollen die Betreibersicherheit in einer zunehmend offenen, global vernetzten Messaging-Umgebung verbessern.
M3AAWG publie les meilleures pratiques en termes de messageries mobile pour les fournisseurs de services afin de mieux combattre les spams envoyÃ©s par SMS
(Fri, 01 Aug 2014 02:00:00 EDT)
SAN FRANCISCO, Californie--(Marketwired - Aug 1, 2014) -
Afin de rÃ©pondre au problÃ¨me des milliards de spams envoyÃ©s chaque annÃ©e, les meilleures pratiques en termes de messagerie mobile du M3AAWG, destinÃ©es aux fournisseurs de services, et nouvellement publiÃ©es par le Messaging, Malware and Mobile Anti-Abuse Working Group (Groupe de travail portant sur la messagerie, les logiciels malveillants et la lutte contre l'abus par voie mobile), proposent des lignes directrices de l'industrie afin de mieux protÃ©ger les utilisateurs finaux. Les meilleures pratiques sont destinÃ©es Ã amÃ©liorer le niveau de sÃ©curitÃ© des opÃ©rateurs Ã travers un environnement de messagerie de plus en plus ouvert et globalement interconnectÃ©.
M3AAWG emite mejores prÃ¡cticas de mensajes mÃ³viles para ayudar a los proveedores de servicios a combatir el creciente spam de textos
(Fri, 01 Aug 2014 02:00:00 EDT)
SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwired - Aug 1, 2014) -
En respuesta a los miles de millones de mensajes de texto de spam enviados cada aÃ±o, las nuevas Mejores PrÃ¡cticas de Mensajes MÃ³viles de M3AAWG para Proveedores de Servicios recientemente publicadas por el Grupo de Trabajo Anti-Abuso de Mensajes, Malware y MÃ³vil (M3AAWG), ofrecen normas de la industria para proteger mejor a los usuarios finales. Las mejores prÃ¡cticas tienen el objetivo de mejorar la seguridad del operador en un entorno de mensajes cada vez mÃ¡s abierto y globalmente interconectado.
Wireless Funds and Venture Capital Investing
Wireless Industry Experts and Analysts
- Frost & Sullivan's Mobile & Wireless portal has the objective of giving users up-to-date analysis and implications of market developments, trends, events and strategies. Articles are submitted on a regular basis from analysts around the world including US, Europe, Latin America and Asia. After registering, users can freely access these articles at any time. http://www.frost.com/prod/servlet/vp.pag/mobilecomm
- Lehman Brothers Wireline Equipment Analyst Steve Levy, Raymond James & Assoc. Telecom Equipment Analyst Todd Koffman
- Pierre Maccagno, Ph.D.Semiconductors - Wireless Communications,Richard F. Valera Wireless Communications: Needham
- Juniper Research specialise in providing high quality analytical research reports and consultancy services to the telecoms industry. We have particular expertise in the mobile, wireless, broadband and IP-convergence, sectors.
Juniper is independent, unbiased and able to provide reliable assessments of markets, technologies and industry players. Our team is drawn from experienced senior managers with proven track records.
- Richi Jennings, Analyst, Ferris Research, Inc (http://www.ferris.com/)
- The Enderle Group - Rob Enderle, Principal Analyst, provides an unparalleled look underneath breaking technology events to identify the core reasons that buyers and builders of this technology should care. Enderle Group strives "to bring diverse and challenging views into technology advisory services and consulting". Built on a rapid response model and focusing on emerging personal technologies, the Enderle Group remains a unique and critical resource in the personal technology market. http://enderlegroup.com
Wireless Industry Associations
- The 'Association of Wireless Technology' (AOWT) was formed in the late 90's creating a much needed link between wireless development and wireless deployment channels and other various trades and services contributing to wireless technology worldwide. http://www.aowt.org/
- CTIA - The Wireless Association: http://www.ctia.org/
- The Mobile Data Association is the non-profit, global association for vendors and users of mobile data and their advisors. http://www.mda-mobiledata.org/mda/
- The UNH-IOL Wireless LAN Consortium is an industry-supported organization that works in conjunction with its member companies to provide a neutral test environment and industry accepted test methodologies for the purpose of promoting and fostering interoperability of Wireless LAN devices. http://www.iol.unh.edu/consortiums/wireless/index.php
- The Silicon Valley-China Wireless Technology Association (SVCWireless) was established on August 1, 2000 by a group of wireless technology professionals and enthusiasts who share a common interest in the emerging China wireless market. http://www.svcwireless.org/
- Wireless Communications Association International (WCA) is the non-profit trade and professional association for the Wireless Broadband industry with member companies on six continents representing the bulk of the sector's leading carriers, vendors and consultants. http://www.wcai.com/
- The Wireless Telecommunications Bureau (WTB) handles nearly all FCC domestic wireless telecommunications programs, policies, and outreach initiatives. Wireless communications services includeAmateur, Cellular, Paging, Broadband PCS, Public Safety, and more. http://wireless.fcc.gov/
- Wireless Industry Association http://wirelessdealers.com/
- The Wireless Communications Alliance (WCA) is a non-profit business League for companies and organizations dealing with wireless technologies. http://www.wca.org/
- Wi-Fi Alliance: http://www.wi-fi.org
Show us the money - we show you the results! Publish Press Releases, Advertise with Banner Ads, Text Link ads and more