InvestingInWireless.com - A Leading Global Website for Wireless Stocks,- Mobile Payment Stocks, Mobile Security Stocks, Mobile Gaming Stocks, Mobile App Stocks and Smartphone Stocks
Wireless Stocks Directory - Mobile Payment Stocks, Mobile Security Stocks, Mobile Gaming Stocks, Mobile App Stocks and Smartphone Stocks
Visit the Tech Stocks Directory with Listed Tech Companies on TSX, TSX Venture, OTC, NASDAQ, AMEX, NYSE, ASX, AIM and other leading Stock Exchanges
Read More News
Wireless Research and Articles
Read More Articles
Wed, 10 Sep 2014 18:50:55 PDT
U.S. FCC chief presses experts on mobile 'net neutrality' rules
(Tue, 16 Sep 2014 15:40:42 -0700)
By Alina Selyukh WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. Federal Communications Commission chairman Tom Wheeler urged consumer advocates and wireless industry representatives on Tuesday to address how wireless carriers might be allowed to "reasonably manage" their Internet networks. The issue is at the heart of a debate over whether the FCC should undo exemptions applied to mobile carriers as it rewrites ...
SouthernLINC Wireless President and CEO Don Horsley Re-elected to CTIA Board of Directors
(Tue, 16 Sep 2014 08:00:00 -0700)
ATLANTA, Sept. 16, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --Â SouthernLINC Wireless, a Southern Company (SO), announced today that President and CEO Don Horsley has been re-elected to the board of directors of CTIAâ€“The Wireless AssociationÂ®.Â "I am pleased to be able to continue to serve with CTIA in their mission to advocate on behalf of the wireless industry," said Horsley. Horsley will serve on CTIA's 31-member ...
FCC presses experts on mobile 'net neutrality'
(Tue, 16 Sep 2014 22:32:22 -0700)
US Federal Communications Commission chairman Tom Wheeler urged consumer advocates and wireless industry representatives to address how wireless carriers might be allowed to "reasonably manage" their internet networks.
Why is U2â€™s latest album on your iPhone? How to remove Appleâ€™s publicity stunt
(Wed, 10 Sep 2014 15:55:35 PDT)
Surprised, and maybe even annoyed, by the sudden appearance of U2's latest album on your phone? You are not alone. Here's what others are saying, and how to get rid of the album.
Why is U2’s latest album on your iPhone? How to remove Apple’s publicity stunt originally published by Gigaom, © copyright 2014.
Try before you buy: Google extends refund window for Play Store apps to two hours
(Wed, 10 Sep 2014 14:39:54 PDT)
One of the biggest advantages to buying apps on Google Play over the iOS App Store is the ability to try out apps before you buy them. Previously, Google Play gave users a 15-minute refund window, but on Wednesday, Â officially extendedÂ the policy to two hours. In […]
Try before you buy: Google extends refund window for Play Store apps to two hours originally published by Gigaom, © copyright 2014.
T-Mobile will give you a customized router for better Wi-Fi calling
(Wed, 10 Sep 2014 13:30:33 PDT)
After Apple announced Wi-Fi calling support in iOS 8, T-Mobile reemphasized its long-term commitment to the UMA standard, complete with a new free router for subscribers that prioritizes voice calls over other traffic.
T-Mobile will give you a customized router for better Wi-Fi calling originally published by Gigaom, © copyright 2014.
Wireless Investing Blogs
Mobile Gaming News
- Blue's News: regular updates and article format news on the latest mods and developments in the gaming world. www.bluesnews.com
- Classic Gaming: http://www.classicgaming.com/
- CNET News.com: daily technology news from CNet, including enterprise, e-business, communications, media, science, and personal technology stories. http://news.com.com/
- Gamedev.net is the leading resource for game developers, featuring daily news updates www.gamedev.net
- GeekExtreme - Tech News and Reviews - www.geekextreme.com
- I4U News: The Technology News Magazine and Gadget Shopping Guide www.i4u.com
- Mobile Gaming News: The mobile gaming industry is generating lots of momentum and here is some recent news on the market:
- Mobile Content News: http://www.moconews.net/index.php?cat=11
- Mobile Mag http://mobilemag.com/content/100/345/
- Phone Game Review: http://www.phonegamereview.com/
- Warp2Search - Daily Tech News http://www.warp2search.net
- Wireless Gaming Review: http://www.wgamer.com/
- Wireless Developer Network: leading provider of daily news & commentary for the wireless economy & mobile Internet! www.wirelessdevnet.com
- ZDNet :product reviews, computing news, downloads, how-tos, developer guides, columns, and more. www.zdnet.com
Mobile Music News
- Cellular-news - a leading wireless telecoms news and information portal
- Digital Music News: Technology News for Music Industry Professionals
- Mobile Music News: Recent news on the mobile music market
- The Mobile Music section is sponsored by MobZilla:
- Billboard: news, current charts, artist information, tour finder, and the latest headlines from Billboard Magazine.
- Mobile Phone News and Reviews (MobileBurn) - Mobile Phone News and Reviews.\
- MusicDish LLC: Music Industry News Network
- Music Industry Resources - New Music Releases - Latest Music News - The Hollywood Reporter
Wireless News and Research Resources
- 123Tech.com is a technology consulting company whose mission is to help small businesses to implement new technologies. Their services include software/hardware installation, troubleshooting, maintenance, network installations, web page design & hosting, domain name registration, and web-based website editors.
- ACM Tech News is a major force in advancing the skills of information technology professionals and students worldwide. ACM provides Portal to Computing Literature, authoritative publications and pioneering conference technology.
- Budde.com is an independent global telecommunications research and consultancy company, which includes 45 national and international researchers in 15 countries. The subscription based website specializes in the strategic planning of interactive services such as video media, internet, multimedia and intelligent and value-added networks based on telecommunications, broadband and satellite networks.
- Cable Datacom News is the only news source that exclusively tracks the cable IP infrastructure, applications and services market. Coverage areas include cable IP data, cable IP telephony, cable OSS, metro optical, broadband content, and home networking.
- Cell Phones Talk - Provides daily updated cell phone news and reviews as well as tips/glossary.
- Cellular News
- Cellular Phone News
- CNet is a tech news portal news that caters to enterprise decision makers, IT professionals, small business decision makers, developers, tech enthusiasts, and resellers.
Wireless News Sources
Industry Articles by Investorideas.com
- Mobile Search Offers Viable Revenue Models Through Innovative Technology and Growing Mobile Content - Mobile search has become an inviting opportunity for firms such as AskMeNow (OTCBB: OWHC), Baidu.com (NASDAQ: BIDU), InfoSpace (NASDAQ:INSP), Ask.com (NASDAQ: IACI), and Microsoft (NASDAQ; MSFT) as they continue to pursue innovative technology to take advantage of the growing demands of the mobile user and the increasing amount of content available on today's handsets. While the potentially lucrative mobile advertising model is believed to be further down the road, companies are currently looking at different channels for creating viable revenue models to capitalize on the growing number of mobile users.
- Convergence in Mobile Devices Drives Travel Technology Adoption and Innovation - Innovations in GPS are discussed with companies such as Garmin International (NASDAQ: GRMN), and Palm Inc.(NASDAQ:PALM), with insights provided by AskMeNow (OTCBB: OWHC) on its application that enables travelers to access relevant information from their mobile device. Logitech (NASDAQ: LOGI) shares video communication evolution, while Sling Media Inc., Coby Electronics Corporation and XM Satellite (NASDAQ: XMSR) reveal details regarding unique portable entertainment devices.
- Securing Wireless Communication in the Enterprise - A report on the rising integration of mobile and wireless technology into today's enterprise. Challenges and opportunities are revealed by Amy Feng, Managing Director and Senior Analyst, Infrastructure Software for JMP Securities LLC as well as by industry participants Symantec Corporation (NASDAQ: SYMC), McAfee, Inc. (NYSE: MFE), Roaming Messenger, Inc. (OTCBB: RMSG) and Cisco Systems, Inc. (CSCO).
- Innovation in Mobile Search Technology, Unique Content and Mobile Digital Entertainment Open New Avenues for Market and ARPU Growth. Market perspectives are presented from Richi Jennings, Analyst with Ferris Research, Inc. as well as mobile digital entertainment providers RealNetworks Inc. (NASDAQ: RNWK); and Warner Music Group Corp. (NYSE: WMG); in addition to AskMeNow (OTCBB: OWHC - InfoByPhone Corp. d.b.a. AskMeNow, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ocean West Holding Corp.); and InfoSpace Inc. (NASDAQ: INSP), mobile search innovators.
- Analysts raise concerns over Research In Motion Stock Valuation InvestorIdeas.com - Following the release of news that Research in Motion (RIMM), the makers of the popular Blackberry handheld wireless device, has an exposure to a patent infringement lawsuit, the company's share price has dropped five percent. On Wednesday RIMM shares were trading at $82.52, down $4.52, or 5.2 percent.
Featured Mobile and Wireless Articles By Industry Participants
Marketwire - Wireless/Mobile Feeds
Wed, 17 Sep 2014 13:27:33 EDT
Completion of Name Change to Visionstate Corp. and Share Consolidation
(Wed, 17 Sep 2014 12:57:52 EDT)
EDMONTON, ALBERTA--(Marketwired - Sept. 17, 2014) - Visionstate Corp. (TSX VENTURE:VIS)("Visionstate" or the "Corporation") is pleased to announce that effective September 16, 2014, CSM Systems Corp. has changed its name to Visionstate Corp. as approved at its annual and special meeting of shareholders held on July 18, 2014. The common shares of the Corporation commenced trading on the TSX Venture Exchange under the symbol "VIS".
Mobile Broadcasting Corp. Announces New Patent Application
(Wed, 17 Sep 2014 12:45:37 EDT)
PISCATAWAY, NEW JERSEY--(Marketwired - Sept. 17, 2014) - Mobile Broadcasting Corp., a company formed by Mobile Broadcasting Holding, Inc. (PINKSHEETS:PROW), formerly Progress Watch Corporation, announced today that it has been advised by Briken, LLC that it is preparing to file a new application for a U.S. patent. The new application will cover claims for an expansion of the broadcast capabilities of the communications platform under license to the Company by Briken. Briken has recently been notified by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office that a U.S. Patent will issue to cover claims covering its communications platform. Briken has a second application pending covering additional claims for its communication platform, also included in the license.
UPDATE - 800 Commerce Announces Letter of Intent to Acquire Battery On The Go
(Wed, 17 Sep 2014 12:33:53 EDT)
Company Markets Products Branded "Xsorii," a Full Line of Mobile Accessories; Merger of Complementary Mobile Technology Businesses to Offer Greater Sales Reach, Executive and Technical Expertise, and Financial Leverage
Wireless Funds and Venture Capital Investing
Wireless Industry Experts and Analysts
- Frost & Sullivan's Mobile & Wireless portal has the objective of giving users up-to-date analysis and implications of market developments, trends, events and strategies. Articles are submitted on a regular basis from analysts around the world including US, Europe, Latin America and Asia. After registering, users can freely access these articles at any time. http://www.frost.com/prod/servlet/vp.pag/mobilecomm
- Lehman Brothers Wireline Equipment Analyst Steve Levy, Raymond James & Assoc. Telecom Equipment Analyst Todd Koffman
- Pierre Maccagno, Ph.D.Semiconductors - Wireless Communications,Richard F. Valera Wireless Communications: Needham
- Juniper Research specialise in providing high quality analytical research reports and consultancy services to the telecoms industry. We have particular expertise in the mobile, wireless, broadband and IP-convergence, sectors.
Juniper is independent, unbiased and able to provide reliable assessments of markets, technologies and industry players. Our team is drawn from experienced senior managers with proven track records.
- Richi Jennings, Analyst, Ferris Research, Inc (http://www.ferris.com/)
- The Enderle Group - Rob Enderle, Principal Analyst, provides an unparalleled look underneath breaking technology events to identify the core reasons that buyers and builders of this technology should care. Enderle Group strives "to bring diverse and challenging views into technology advisory services and consulting". Built on a rapid response model and focusing on emerging personal technologies, the Enderle Group remains a unique and critical resource in the personal technology market. http://enderlegroup.com
Wireless Industry Associations
- The 'Association of Wireless Technology' (AOWT) was formed in the late 90's creating a much needed link between wireless development and wireless deployment channels and other various trades and services contributing to wireless technology worldwide. http://www.aowt.org/
- CTIA - The Wireless Association: http://www.ctia.org/
- The Mobile Data Association is the non-profit, global association for vendors and users of mobile data and their advisors. http://www.mda-mobiledata.org/mda/
- The UNH-IOL Wireless LAN Consortium is an industry-supported organization that works in conjunction with its member companies to provide a neutral test environment and industry accepted test methodologies for the purpose of promoting and fostering interoperability of Wireless LAN devices. http://www.iol.unh.edu/consortiums/wireless/index.php
- The Silicon Valley-China Wireless Technology Association (SVCWireless) was established on August 1, 2000 by a group of wireless technology professionals and enthusiasts who share a common interest in the emerging China wireless market. http://www.svcwireless.org/
- Wireless Communications Association International (WCA) is the non-profit trade and professional association for the Wireless Broadband industry with member companies on six continents representing the bulk of the sector's leading carriers, vendors and consultants. http://www.wcai.com/
- The Wireless Telecommunications Bureau (WTB) handles nearly all FCC domestic wireless telecommunications programs, policies, and outreach initiatives. Wireless communications services includeAmateur, Cellular, Paging, Broadband PCS, Public Safety, and more. http://wireless.fcc.gov/
- Wireless Industry Association http://wirelessdealers.com/
- The Wireless Communications Alliance (WCA) is a non-profit business League for companies and organizations dealing with wireless technologies. http://www.wca.org/
- Wi-Fi Alliance: http://www.wi-fi.org
Show us the money - we show you the results! Publish Press Releases, Advertise with Banner Ads, Text Link ads and more