Environment Green News
Clean Energy Jobs/Top 10 States for 2014 - Despite Slump, E2 Report Shows NV, CA and NY Led the Pack Last Year
WASHINGTON, D.C. - March 5, 2015 (Investorideas.com renewable energy stocks newswire) Nearly 47,000 clean energy and clean transportation jobs were announced at more than 170 projects across the country in 2014
Ninety-seven per cent support Ontario's plan to restrict bee-killing pesticides
TORONTO - March 5, 2015 (www.investorideas.com newswire) Ontario's proposal to restrict bee-killing pesticides received an overwhelmingly positive response from the public.
Wind Power Beats Nuclear Again in China
March 5, 2015 (Investorideas.com renewable energy stocks newswire) China, the country that is building more nuclear reactors than any other, continued to get more electricity from the wind than from nuclear power plants in 2014.
Five Groups Mount "EPIC" Push To Enlist More Americans To Join Movement For A Fossil-free, Nuclear-free Clean Energy Future
WASHINGTON, D.C. - March 4, 2015 (www.investorideas.com newswire) A week ahead of the fourth anniversary of the Fukushima reactor disaster, five leading organizations fighting for America's clean-energy future - Friends of the Earth, Greenpeace, the Nuclear Information and Resource Service, Public Citizen, and the Sierra Club
Alert: SolarCity (Nasdaq:SCTY) Files Lawsuit Against Arizona Utility Salt River
PHOENIX - March 3, 2015 (Investorideas.com renewable energy stocks newswire) SolarCity Corporation filed a lawsuit late yesterday in the United States District Court for the District of Arizona, asking the court to stop Arizona utility Salt River Project (SRP)'s anti-competitive behavior.
People, Planet, Profit: The Rise of Triple-Bottom-Line Businesses
Washington, D.C. - March 3, 2015 (Investorideas.com renewable energy stocks newswire) Entrepreneurs are beginning to challenge business as usual, infusing ethics into the notoriously ruthless corporate world.
The Great Transition: Shifting from Fossil Fuels to Solar and Wind Energy
March 3, 2015 (Investorideas.com renewable energy stocks newswire) “The energy transition will change not only how we view the world but also how we view ourselves,” say the authors of The Great Transition.
myFC Debuts World’s Smallest Portable Fuel Cell Charger at Mobile World Congress
Stockholm - February 27, 2015 (www.investorideas.com newswire) Swedish innovation company myFC will premiere a new fuel cell charger, "JAQ," at the Mobile World Congress.
Solar Stock First Solar (FSLR) Gains Following Earnings Report
Point Roberts, WA - NEW YORK, NY - February 25, 2015 (Investorideas.com renewable energy stocks newswire) February 25, 2015 - Investorideas.com, a global news source covering leading sectors including solar stocks issues an alert following First Solar, Inc. (FSLR) yesterday announcing financial results for the fourth quarter and year ended December 31, 2014.
Global photovoltaic shipments jump 15% in 2014
February 23, 2015 (Investorideas.com renewable energy stocks newswire) PV industry shipments grew by 15% in 2014 over 2013 to 39.3-GWp from 34.0-GWp the previous year, according to the IDTechEx/SPV Market Research annual supply report Photovoltaic Manufacturer Shipments: Capacity, Production, Prices and Revenues to 2019.
Subscribe to Environment Green News RSS
Envrionment Green Stock News from Google News
Thu, 05 Mar 2015 22:30:09 GMT
Renewable Energy and Green Stocks Commentary
Solar Stocks Commentary
Solar Energy Perspectives with J. Peter Lynch
Mr. Lynch has worked, for 31 years as an independent analyst and investor in small emerging technology companies. He has been actively involved in following developments in the renewable energy sector since 1977 and is regarded as an expert in this field. He was the contributing editor for the past 17 years to the Photovoltaic Insider Report, the leading publication in Photovoltaics industry that was directed at industrial subscribers, such as major energy companies, utilities and governments around the world.
Subscribe to Peter Lynch Solar RSS Feed
Environment/ Socially Responsible Stock Indices
- ACT Australian Cleantech Index provides a measure of the performance of the Australian listed stocks in the Cleantech sector.
- Bovespa ISE is designed to measure the return on a portfolio composed of shares of companies highly committed to social responsibility... corporate sustainability... good practices in the Brazilian corporate environment.
- Calvert Social Index, as a broad-based, rigorously constructed benchmark for measuring the performance of US-based socially responsible companies.
- Domini 400 Social Index - KLD's Domini 400 SocialSM Index (DS400) is a float-adjusted market capitalization weighted common stock index modeled on the S&P 500® Index.
- Domini Social Index Portfolio (DSIP)
- Dow Jones Sustainability Indexes - Includes 300-400 companies said to represent the top 10% of leading companies committed to sustainable practices worldwide.
- FTSE Environmental Technology Index Series . FTSE Group has launched the FTSE Environmental Technology Index Series in collaboration with the environmental technology specialist, Impax Asset Management, to provide two new environmental technology index solutions: the FTSE ET50 Index and FTSE Environmental Opportunities All-Share Index.
- FTSE4Good Index Series - Financial Times of London share indices of socially and environmentally screened firms.
- Impax ET50 (U.K.). The Impax ET50 is a stock index of companies whose core business involves environmental technologies.
- Jantzi Social Index (JSI) is a Canadian socially and environmentally screened share index.
- KLD Broad Market Social Index capturing the best environmental, social and governance (ESG) performers in each sector of the Russell 3000... represents 98% of the capitalization of the US equity market
- KLD Indexes constructs indexes for investors who integrate environmental, social and governance factors into their investment decisions. KLD's indexes are designed to be transparent, representative and investable.
- LOHAS Index - Lifestyles of Health and Sustainability. [Companies in this index] practice 'responsible capitalism' by providing goods and services using economic and environmentally sustainable business practices. There are three indices: the LOHAS Index, Healthy Living Index, and Sustainable Economy Index.
- NASDAQ® Clean Edge® U.S. Liquid Series Index (CELS) is a modified market capitalization-weighted index designed to track the performance of companies that are primarily manufacturers, developers, distributors, or installers of clean-energy technologies.
- S&P ESG India index provides investors with exposure to a liquid and tradable index of 50 of the best performing stocks in the Indian market as measured by environmental, social, and governance parameters.
- SRI Index Malaysia & Singapore SRI Index OWW Consulting launched the Responsibility™ SRI Index Series which aims to identify companies in Malaysia and Singapore with good CSR (or Economic, Social and Governance, ESG) reporting
Environment Green Stock Quotes
Oil Remediation Technology Stocks Directory Preview
AbTech Holdings, Inc ( OTC:ABHD ) is an environmental technologies firm dedicated to providing innovative solutions to communities, industry and governments addressing issues of water pollutants and contamination. Its products are based on polymer technologies capable of removing hydrocarbons, sediment and other foreign elements from still (ponds, lakes and marinas) or flowing water (curbside drains, pipe outflows, rivers and oceans). Smart Sponge Plus contains an antimicrobial agent that is effective in reducing coliform bacteria found in stormwater, industrial wastewater and municipal wastewater.
Basic Energy Services, Inc. ( NYSE:BAS ) provides well site services essential to maintaining production from the oil and gas wells within its operating area. The company employs more than 5,400 employees in more than 100 service points throughout the major oil and gas producing regions in Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Arkansas, Kansas and the Rocky Mountain and Appalachian regions. Basic offers a broad range of capabilities to address the full spectrum of oilfield waste water streams from de-watering drilling fluids to processing frac flowback and produced water for reuse. Our services include chlorine dioxide (ClO2) treatment for wells downhole and surface water applications, including the treatment of fresh water, produced water, and hydraulic fracturing (frac) water.
BioLargo, Inc . ( OTC:BLGO ) makes life better by delivering technology-based products that help solve some of the world's most important problems that threaten water, food, agriculture, healthcare and energy. The subsidiary BioLargo Water , Inc. showcases the Advanced Oxidation Systems, including its AOS Filter, a product in development specifically designed to eliminate common, troublesome, and dangerous (toxic) contaminants in water in a fraction of the time and cost of current technologies, It is the winner of the Technology Star award by New Technology Magazine for its breakthrough innovation for the oil industry. BioLargo also owns a 50% interest in the Isan System, which was honored with a "Top 50 Water Company for the 21 st Century" award by the Artemis Project.
Cameron International Corporation ( NYSE:CAM ) is a leading provider of flow equipment products, systems and services to worldwide oil, gas and process industries. Cameron takes a holistic approach to solving oilfield water management challenges that meet or exceed regulatory or other operational requirements. We offer the technology, engineering expertise, and scientific resources to help our customers reduce their water management costs throughout the life of the well
Canadian Oil Recovery and Remediation Enterprises Ltd. ( TSX:CVR.V ) provides full cycle oil waste management solutions to the petroleum industry. CORRE's customers are primarily in the upstream petroleum sector (oil production and drilling companies) and downstream petroleum sector (oil refinery, transportation and distribution companies). CORRE's operating lines include remediating oil-contaminated soil; treating sludge, oil based muds and drilling waste, oil recovery; automated oil storage tank cleaning, oil and gas engineering, and project management. CORRE provides its advanced environmental solutions through strategic operating partnerships with some of the most distinguished companies throughout the world.
Ceiba Energy Services Inc. ( TSX:CEI.V ) provides specialized services to the energy sector, specifically to companies involved in the exploration, extraction and production of oil and natural gas in Western Canada. Ceiba develops and constructs facilities in proximity to its customers to provide treatment of crude oil emulsion, terminalling, storage and marketing of oil and disposal of production water.
Cypress Energy Partners, LP ( NYSE:CELP ) is a growth-oriented master limited partnership that provides independent pipeline inspection and integrity services to producers and pipeline companies throughout the U.S. and Canada. Cypress also provides saltwater disposal and other water and environmental services to U.S. onshore oil and natural gas producers and trucking companies. In both of these business segments, Cypress works closely with its customers to help them comply with increasingly complex and strict environmental and safety rules and regulations and reduce their operating costs. Cypress was founded by Cypress Energy Holdings, LLC, an entity controlled by the family of Charles C. Stephenson, Jr. and by Peter C. Boylan III, the Chairman, President and CEO of Cypress. Cypress is headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
E.S.I. Environmental Sensors Inc. ( TSX:ESV.V ) is a leading manufacturer of patented and proprietary solutions for environments where understanding the presence, movement, and/or amount of water are important. Major market sectors include: agriculture, golf and turf, scientific research, civil engineering and crude oil production. ESI solutions have been successfully introduced into more than 40 countries to enable customers to optimize their operations by monitoring the presence and movement of water, managing irrigation systems, and monitoring the integrity of landfill covers. The Company's FloPoint™ instrument was designed for the oil industry to measure the volumetric presence of water pumped during crude oil extraction for characterization and optimization of the process. ESI differentiates itself by translating the best technology and science available into practical, easy to use solutions. Irrigation managers, Reservoir Engineers, and Scientists have adopted ESI's products for their accuracy, ease of use, repeatability, and ability to operate in challenging environments.
Ecosphere Technologies, Inc ( OTC:ESPH ) is a technology development and intellectual property licensing company that develops environmental solutions for global water, energy and industrial markets. We help industry increase production, reduce costs, and protect the environment through a portfolio of unique, patented technologies: Technologies like Ozonix®, the Ecos PowerCube® and our recently announced Ecos GrowCube™, which are available for exclusive and nonexclusive licensing opportunities across a wide range of industries and applications throughout the world. Ecosphere's patented Ozonix® technology, a revolutionary Ozone-Based Advanced Oxidation Process (AOP), has enabled oil and gas industry customers to treat, recycle and reuse over 5 billion gallons of water for approximately 1,200 oil and natural gas wells in the United States and Canada, while eliminating millions of gallons of liquid chemicals and generating over $70 million in equipment sales, service and licensing revenue. The Company has also successfully manufactured and deployed approximately 50 Ozonix® machines to a wide variety of major hydraulic fracturing shale plays around the United States and Canada.
Eco-Stim Energy Solutions, Inc . ( OTC:ESES ) is an environmentally-focused oilfield service and technology company providing proprietary field management technologies and well stimulation and completion services to oil and gas producers drilling in the rapidly expanding international unconventional shale markets. EcoStim's proprietary methodology and technology offer the potential to decrease the number of stages stimulated in shale plays through a unique process that predicts high probability production zones while confirming those production zones using the latest generation down-hole diagnostic tools. In addition, EcoStim offers its clients completion techniques that can dramatically reduce horsepower requirements, emissions, surface footprint and water usage. EcoStim seeks to deliver well completion services with better technology, better ecology and significantly improved economics for unconventional oil and gas producers worldwide.
View the full stock directory as an Investorideas.com member or PDF
London, AIM Cleantech Stocks Directory
Energy Efficiency Stocks
Altona Resources Plc ( AIM:ANR.L ) is an Australian based energy Company that listed on the AIM market of London Stock Exchange in March 2005. Altona's primary focus is the completion of a bankable feasibility study for its wholly owned Arckaringa Project for an integrated 10 million barrel per year Coal to Liquid ('CTL') plant with a 560 MW co-generation power facility.
Babcock International Group PLC ( AIM:BAB.L ) As a provider to the public and private sectors, at Babcock Infrastructure Services we are committed to managing our business in an environmentally responsible manner. Apart from the environmental policies we operate we also have expert staff who are members of the CIBSE Low Carbon Consultants (LCC) Register and have extensive knowledge and experience to deliver sustainable energy solutions for your organization to help reduce its carbon footprint and to enable it to comply with Government legislation. For previous clients, we have achieved savings in excess of 10% of their utility budget. We are able to provide a range of Energy Services including: Provision of Energy Performance Certificates (EPC) and Display Energy Performance Certificates (DEC) as required by Energy Performance of Buildings Directive (EPBD) from 01/10/08. For owned and leased properties Provision of Part L2 certification Provision of Building Log Books as required by Part L2
Bglobal Plc ( LSE:BGBL.L ) Bglobal, independent specialists in energy measurement and management help companies significantly reduce energy costs, meet the Carbon Reduction Commitment and get smart about energy. Bglobal delivers a comprehensive suite of services for managing electricity and gas utilities including installation and maintenance of smart settlement meters and sub-meters, data collection for billing and settlements, and analysis tools which help customers make informed decisions on energy and save money. With nearly 100,000 smart electricity meters now installed in business premises across the UK we are responsible for settling approximately 1% of the entire UK electricity market and growing every day.
Cap-XX ( LSE:CPX.L ) develops high power, high energy supercapacitors in thin, flat, prismatic packages. They enable smaller, lighter, more functional and longer-running electronic products by providing peak power support to pulsed loads and short-term power support during interruptions to the primary source.
Carillion plc ( LSE:CLLN.L ) (formerly Eaga plc) is engaged in the provision of outsourced services and products that address a range of environmental and social challenges. The Company operates in three segments: managed services, installation services and specialist support services. Managed services provides the front-end management functions, including marketing, front office and back office activities that drive the programs the Company manages for a range of customers, such as Defra, the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) and the Legal Services Commission. Installation services carries out the physical installation of measures, such as loft and cavity wall insulation and central heating, as well as energy assessment and contact center activities.
Cyan Holdings plc ( LSE:CYAN.L ) Cyan provides innovative solutions that reduce energy consumption for the utility and lighting markets. Cyan's core technology is a platform for the rapid and cost effective deployment of smart grid metering and energy efficient lighting. This includes CyNet™ a wireless mesh networking protocol for scalable and secure communication with remote units as well as Cyan's enterprise software for full end-to-end system integration. CyLec® is Cyan's smart metering solution for energy utilities. It provides a robust, scalable and integrated platform that enables utilities to transform existing power grid infrastructure into the smart grid. Using CyLec, utilities can rapidly deploy an interoperable Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) solution that provides an automated, two-way communication interface between the consumer and the smart grid.CyLux® is Cyan's energy efficient smart lighting solution. It enables significant power savings by optimising the way in which public lighting is managed. CyLux is compatible with all the latest lighting technologies including HPS, HID and LED. The CyLux web portal provides a central monitoring and control interface that scales to city and state wide deployments. Together with Cyan's System Integrator partners, Cyan provides first class support, managed services and Software as a Service (SaaS) to assist in the planning and integration of its solutions.
For the complete list of cleantech and renewable energy stocks - see the Investorideas.com renewable energy stocks directory
Cleantech Environment/ Green Stock Indices and ETF's
DB NASDAQ OMX® Clean Tech Index (DBCC). The index is an accurate, real-time representation of the global clean technology sector with exposure to clean energy, energy efficiency, transport, waste management and water companies. This is the first clean technology index co-branded by a global exchange company and a global bank.
The index is comprised of 119 companies identified by DBCCA from a global universe of ~4,000, each with at least a third of revenues derived from clean technology within investable geographies and exchanges identified by NASDAQ OMX.
- Australian SAM Sustainability Index (AuSSI) tracks the performance of Australia's Sustainability leaders. The index comprises the leading third in terms of economic, environmental and social criteria out of a universe of close to 200 Australian companies.
- Camino Energy maintains a global database of publicly-traded sustainable energy businesses. Its PurePlaytm Indices have been developed to focus on companies pursuing specific business activities in the sector. Current index coverage includes Solar, Renewable Electricity, Biofuels, and Fuel Cells".
- Cleantech Index: (AMEX: ^CTIUS) The leading global index of publicly traded cleantech companies. The Cleantech Index® is the first, and only, stock market index intended to reflect the surging demand for clean technology products and services. By tracking the market performance of leading publicly traded cleantech companies around the world, CTIUS has become the industry standard index underlying a growing range of financial products, such as exchange traded funds.
- DAXglobal Alternative Energy Index
- Distributed Energy Stock Index (DESI) - focusing on the distributed energy and technology industry
- Dow Jones Sustainability Indexes are a cooperation of Dow Jones Indexes, STOXX Limited and SAM Group. By bringing together the expertise of two leading index providers and the world-renowned pioneer in sustainability investing, the DJSI family rests on a strong foundation to meet the growing market demand for professional, objective and reliable sustainability benchmarks.
- Earth Index™: Forty public companies trading on US exchanges that deliver solutions to environmental pollution. Earth Index™
- Jefferies Global Clean Technology Energy Generation IndexSM - A sub-index of the Global Clean Technology Index; includes companies providing products and services related to solar and wind.
- Ludlow Alternative Energy Index tracks some of the top alternative energy stocks. The Index provides both institutional and individual investors a tool for tracking the day to day performance of the alternative energy sector in a diversified basket. The index is designed for investors who have a long-term bullish outlook on alternative energy, and may be seeking a diversified portfolio within the sector. The Ludlow Alternative Energy Index is owned and operated by Ludlow Energy Fund.
- Merriman Curhan Ford & Co. Next-Generation Energy (NGE) Indexsm (NYSE-Arca: NGE.X) tracks the top 30 small- and mid-cap U.S.-listed companies leading the important advances in the development and commercialization of five key NGE technology areas: fuel cells, solar power, alternative fuels, energy storage and other supporting technologies.
- NASDAQ Clean Edge U.S. Index - designed to track the performance of clean-energy companies that are publicly traded in the U.S. including companies engaged in the manufacturing, development, distribution, and installation of emerging clean-energy technologies such as solar photovoltaics, biofuels, and advanced batteries. The index is calculated and disseminated on a price return basis (NASDAQ: CLEN) and a total return basis (NASDAQ: CLNX)
- S&P Sector Indices Brochure
- SeaCrest Global Clean Energy Index is a market capitalization weighted equity index designed to serve as an equity benchmark for global stocks traded on a major US stock exchange, which are principally engaged in the following sectors: bio-energy, clean power, energy efficiency, energy management, fuel cells, solar power, water management and wind power.
- The Ardour Global Index is a capitalization-weighted, float adjusted index of 81 of the most prominent alternative energy stocks in the world.
- The Cleantech Index™ (CTIUS) includes US publicly traded "clean" technology companies that offer a diverse range of products, services, and processes designed to improve productivity and efficiency, while reducing environmental impact. The CTIUS includes nine sectors that span industries such as alternative energy, water resources and purification, advanced materials, and logistics. All of the companies in the CTIUS are listed on the New York Stock Exchange, Nasdaq, or the American Stock Exchange
- The KLD Global Climate 100SM Index (GC 100) is a specialty index designed to promote investment in public companies whose activities demonstrate the greatest potential for mitigating immediate and long-term causes of climate change. KLD, in partnership with the Global Energy Network Institute (GENI), created the Index in response to growing demand from institutions and individuals for investment strategies that address global warming.
- The Impax ET50 Index (ET50) is a performance-tracking index dedicated solely to publicly quoted companies that have core businesses in the development and operation of environmental technologies.
- The WilderHill Clean Energy Index (ECO) is a modified equal dollar weighted index comprised of publicly traded companies whose business's stand to benefit substantially from societal transition toward the use of cleaner energy and conservation. The Index is rebalanced each March, June, September and December. The Index divisor was initially determined to yield a benchmark value of 100.00 at the close of trading December 30, 2002. The Index was created by and is a trademark of WilderShares, LLC.