Environment Green News
myFC Debuts World’s Smallest Portable Fuel Cell Charger at Mobile World Congress
Stockholm - February 27, 2015 (www.investorideas.com newswire) Swedish innovation company myFC will premiere a new fuel cell charger, "JAQ," at the Mobile World Congress.
Solar Stock First Solar (FSLR) Gains Following Earnings Report
Point Roberts, WA - NEW YORK, NY - February 25, 2015 (Investorideas.com renewable energy stocks newswire) February 25, 2015 - Investorideas.com, a global news source covering leading sectors including solar stocks issues an alert following First Solar, Inc. (FSLR) yesterday announcing financial results for the fourth quarter and year ended December 31, 2014.
Global photovoltaic shipments jump 15% in 2014
February 23, 2015 (Investorideas.com renewable energy stocks newswire) PV industry shipments grew by 15% in 2014 over 2013 to 39.3-GWp from 34.0-GWp the previous year, according to the IDTechEx/SPV Market Research annual supply report Photovoltaic Manufacturer Shipments: Capacity, Production, Prices and Revenues to 2019.
San Antonio's Newest Solar Farm Now Producing Power For San Antonio
SAN ANTONIO - February 20, 2015 (Investorideas.com renewable energy stocks newswire) Alamo 3, the latest solar facility developed as part of a 400-MW solar project between CPS Energy and OCI Solar Energy, is now in commercial operation.
Fuel Cell Cars: Caution Needed Say IDTechEx Analysts
February 17, 2015 (Investorideas.com renewable energy stocks newswire) Launches of fuel cell cars are reportedly planned by up to six carmakers from 2015 including Tata Motors of India, owners of Jaguar Land Rover.
Barcelona Named 'Global Smart City - 2015'
Hampshire - February 17, 2015 (Investorideas.com renewable energy stocks newswire) Juniper Research has today revealed the top ranking smart cities globally for 2015
Deutsche Bank MD expects Cost of Solar to Drop Another 20-30% as 2020 Approaches
February 17, 2015 (Investorideas.com renewable energy stocks newswire) Solar PV has recently been handed a huge responsibility, and solar proponents may now rejoice as the world finally expects solar power to fill the role of the global electricity providing powerhouse.
Georgia’s clean energy industry provides nearly 20,000 full-time jobs
Atlanta, GA - February 12, 2015 (Investorideas.com renewable energy stocks newswire) Southface has released its 2014 Georgia Clean Energy Industry Census that quantifies the clean energy industry’s impact on the state’s economy.
Renewable Energy Stock News: Electric Car Maker Tesla Motors (TSLA) Down Following Earnings
Point Roberts, WA - NEW YORK, NY - February 12, 2015 (Investorideas.com renewable energy stocks newswire) Investorideas.com, a global news source covering leading sectors including renewable energy stocks reports on electric car maker, Tesla Motors (TSLA) following earnings released yesterday on the close.
ENGlobal Corp. (ENG) Leads the Charge on Alternative Renewable Energy Solutions
February 11, 2015 (Investorideas.com renewable energy stocks newswire) ENGlobal is looking to the future by actively pursuing alternative energy solutions as part of a global effort to provide clean, renewable energy for today's market.
Subscribe to Environment Green News RSS
Envrionment Green Stock News from Google News
Sun, 01 Mar 2015 23:22:16 GMT
Renewable Energy and Green Stocks Commentary
Solar Stocks Commentary
Solar Energy Perspectives with J. Peter Lynch
Mr. Lynch has worked, for 31 years as an independent analyst and investor in small emerging technology companies. He has been actively involved in following developments in the renewable energy sector since 1977 and is regarded as an expert in this field. He was the contributing editor for the past 17 years to the Photovoltaic Insider Report, the leading publication in Photovoltaics industry that was directed at industrial subscribers, such as major energy companies, utilities and governments around the world.
Subscribe to Peter Lynch Solar RSS Feed
Environment/ Socially Responsible Stock Indices
- ACT Australian Cleantech Index provides a measure of the performance of the Australian listed stocks in the Cleantech sector.
- Bovespa ISE is designed to measure the return on a portfolio composed of shares of companies highly committed to social responsibility... corporate sustainability... good practices in the Brazilian corporate environment.
- Calvert Social Index, as a broad-based, rigorously constructed benchmark for measuring the performance of US-based socially responsible companies.
- Domini 400 Social Index - KLD's Domini 400 SocialSM Index (DS400) is a float-adjusted market capitalization weighted common stock index modeled on the S&P 500® Index.
- Domini Social Index Portfolio (DSIP)
- Dow Jones Sustainability Indexes - Includes 300-400 companies said to represent the top 10% of leading companies committed to sustainable practices worldwide.
- FTSE Environmental Technology Index Series . FTSE Group has launched the FTSE Environmental Technology Index Series in collaboration with the environmental technology specialist, Impax Asset Management, to provide two new environmental technology index solutions: the FTSE ET50 Index and FTSE Environmental Opportunities All-Share Index.
- FTSE4Good Index Series - Financial Times of London share indices of socially and environmentally screened firms.
- Impax ET50 (U.K.). The Impax ET50 is a stock index of companies whose core business involves environmental technologies.
- Jantzi Social Index (JSI) is a Canadian socially and environmentally screened share index.
- KLD Broad Market Social Index capturing the best environmental, social and governance (ESG) performers in each sector of the Russell 3000... represents 98% of the capitalization of the US equity market
- KLD Indexes constructs indexes for investors who integrate environmental, social and governance factors into their investment decisions. KLD's indexes are designed to be transparent, representative and investable.
- LOHAS Index - Lifestyles of Health and Sustainability. [Companies in this index] practice 'responsible capitalism' by providing goods and services using economic and environmentally sustainable business practices. There are three indices: the LOHAS Index, Healthy Living Index, and Sustainable Economy Index.
- NASDAQ® Clean Edge® U.S. Liquid Series Index (CELS) is a modified market capitalization-weighted index designed to track the performance of companies that are primarily manufacturers, developers, distributors, or installers of clean-energy technologies.
- S&P ESG India index provides investors with exposure to a liquid and tradable index of 50 of the best performing stocks in the Indian market as measured by environmental, social, and governance parameters.
- SRI Index Malaysia & Singapore SRI Index OWW Consulting launched the Responsibility™ SRI Index Series which aims to identify companies in Malaysia and Singapore with good CSR (or Economic, Social and Governance, ESG) reporting
Environment Green Stock Quotes
Cleantech Environment/ Green Stocks Directory Preview
Abatix Corp. ( OTCPK:ABIX ) was founded in 1983 in Dallas, Texas and is now a regional distributor of over 30,000 quality products for the safety, construction, restoration, and environmental remediation industries.
Acorn Energy ( NasdaqGM:ACFN ) is a publicly-traded holding company with equity interests in CoaLogix, DSIT, GridSense and US Sensor Systems Inc. These companies leverage advanced technologies to transform and upgrade the energy infrastructure around the world. Acorn companies are focused on three problems in the energy sector: improving the efficiency of the energy grid, reducing the risk for owners of large energy assets, and reducing the environmental impact of the energy sector. Acorn's strategy is to take primarily controlling positions in companies led by great entrepreneurs.
ADA-ES ( NASDAQCM:ADES ) is a leader in clean coal technology and the associated specialty chemicals, serving the coal-fueled power plant industry. Our proprietary environmental technologies and specialty chemicals enable power plants to enhance existing air pollution control equipment, minimize mercury, CO2 and other emissions, maximize capacity, and improve operating efficiencies, to meet the challenges of existing and pending emission control regulations.
Advanced Environmental Recycling Technologies Inc. ( OTCBB:AERT ) has pioneered the use of recycled polyethylene plastic in the manufacture of composite building materials. With its constantly evolving portfolio of patented and proprietary recycling technologies, AERT has been widely recognized as a leader in resource conservation innovation and received the EPA Award for Environmental Excellence for its process of converting scrap plastic to composite outdoor decking. The company recently received an ESGR Patriot Award for its support of our Guard and Reserve Units in the U. S. Armed Forces. AERT converts reclaimed plastic and wood fiber waste into quality outdoor decking systems, fence systems, and door and window components. The Company is the exclusive manufacturer of ChoiceDek(R) decking, which is available in multiple colors and is sold in Lowe's Home Improvement stores nationwide.
AgriMarine Holdings Inc. ( TSX:FSH.V ) is an aquaculture technology company engaged in the development, commercialization and licensing of proprietary solid-wall closed containment systems for the rearing of finfish. The Company utilizes its innovative, clean technology to rear salmon and trout in its farms in China and Canada. The AgriMarine System can be applied worldwide in warm or cold climate conditions, in oceans, reservoirs and lakes. The AgriMarine System addresses sustainability issues in finfish aquaculture, creates an optimal fish rearing environment, offers a better farm management system with added economic and environmental benefits and meets consumer and retailer demands for sustainable aquaculture. AgriMarine Holdings Inc.
Alcoa Inc. ( NYSE:AA ) is the world's leading producer of primary aluminum, fabricated aluminum, and alumina. Alcoa has been a member of the Dow Jones Sustainability Index for nine consecutive years and approximately 75 percent of all of the aluminum ever produced since 1888 is still in active use today. Alcoa delivering new ideas and solutions that will help build a healthier and more sustainable future both for the planet and its people. Solutions that help buildings, cars, airplanes, trucks and trains get more performance from less fuel. Solutions that help other industries operate more efficiently and sustainably. Solutions that recycle into new products, over and over again.
View the full stock directory as an Investorideas.com member or PDF
London, AIM Cleantech Stocks Directory
Energy Efficiency Stocks
Altona Resources Plc ( AIM:ANR.L ) is an Australian based energy Company that listed on the AIM market of London Stock Exchange in March 2005. Altona's primary focus is the completion of a bankable feasibility study for its wholly owned Arckaringa Project for an integrated 10 million barrel per year Coal to Liquid ('CTL') plant with a 560 MW co-generation power facility.
Babcock International Group PLC ( AIM:BAB.L ) As a provider to the public and private sectors, at Babcock Infrastructure Services we are committed to managing our business in an environmentally responsible manner. Apart from the environmental policies we operate we also have expert staff who are members of the CIBSE Low Carbon Consultants (LCC) Register and have extensive knowledge and experience to deliver sustainable energy solutions for your organization to help reduce its carbon footprint and to enable it to comply with Government legislation. For previous clients, we have achieved savings in excess of 10% of their utility budget. We are able to provide a range of Energy Services including: Provision of Energy Performance Certificates (EPC) and Display Energy Performance Certificates (DEC) as required by Energy Performance of Buildings Directive (EPBD) from 01/10/08. For owned and leased properties Provision of Part L2 certification Provision of Building Log Books as required by Part L2
Bglobal Plc ( LSE:BGBL.L ) Bglobal, independent specialists in energy measurement and management help companies significantly reduce energy costs, meet the Carbon Reduction Commitment and get smart about energy. Bglobal delivers a comprehensive suite of services for managing electricity and gas utilities including installation and maintenance of smart settlement meters and sub-meters, data collection for billing and settlements, and analysis tools which help customers make informed decisions on energy and save money. With nearly 100,000 smart electricity meters now installed in business premises across the UK we are responsible for settling approximately 1% of the entire UK electricity market and growing every day.
Cap-XX ( LSE:CPX.L ) develops high power, high energy supercapacitors in thin, flat, prismatic packages. They enable smaller, lighter, more functional and longer-running electronic products by providing peak power support to pulsed loads and short-term power support during interruptions to the primary source.
Carillion plc ( LSE:CLLN.L ) (formerly Eaga plc) is engaged in the provision of outsourced services and products that address a range of environmental and social challenges. The Company operates in three segments: managed services, installation services and specialist support services. Managed services provides the front-end management functions, including marketing, front office and back office activities that drive the programs the Company manages for a range of customers, such as Defra, the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) and the Legal Services Commission. Installation services carries out the physical installation of measures, such as loft and cavity wall insulation and central heating, as well as energy assessment and contact center activities.
Cyan Holdings plc ( LSE:CYAN.L ) Cyan provides innovative solutions that reduce energy consumption for the utility and lighting markets. Cyan's core technology is a platform for the rapid and cost effective deployment of smart grid metering and energy efficient lighting. This includes CyNet™ a wireless mesh networking protocol for scalable and secure communication with remote units as well as Cyan's enterprise software for full end-to-end system integration. CyLec® is Cyan's smart metering solution for energy utilities. It provides a robust, scalable and integrated platform that enables utilities to transform existing power grid infrastructure into the smart grid. Using CyLec, utilities can rapidly deploy an interoperable Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) solution that provides an automated, two-way communication interface between the consumer and the smart grid.CyLux® is Cyan's energy efficient smart lighting solution. It enables significant power savings by optimising the way in which public lighting is managed. CyLux is compatible with all the latest lighting technologies including HPS, HID and LED. The CyLux web portal provides a central monitoring and control interface that scales to city and state wide deployments. Together with Cyan's System Integrator partners, Cyan provides first class support, managed services and Software as a Service (SaaS) to assist in the planning and integration of its solutions.
For the complete list of cleantech and renewable energy stocks - see the Investorideas.com renewable energy stocks directory
Cleantech Environment/ Green Stock Indices and ETF's
DB NASDAQ OMX® Clean Tech Index (DBCC). The index is an accurate, real-time representation of the global clean technology sector with exposure to clean energy, energy efficiency, transport, waste management and water companies. This is the first clean technology index co-branded by a global exchange company and a global bank.
The index is comprised of 119 companies identified by DBCCA from a global universe of ~4,000, each with at least a third of revenues derived from clean technology within investable geographies and exchanges identified by NASDAQ OMX.
- Australian SAM Sustainability Index (AuSSI) tracks the performance of Australia's Sustainability leaders. The index comprises the leading third in terms of economic, environmental and social criteria out of a universe of close to 200 Australian companies.
- Camino Energy maintains a global database of publicly-traded sustainable energy businesses. Its PurePlaytm Indices have been developed to focus on companies pursuing specific business activities in the sector. Current index coverage includes Solar, Renewable Electricity, Biofuels, and Fuel Cells".
- Cleantech Index: (AMEX: ^CTIUS) The leading global index of publicly traded cleantech companies. The Cleantech Index® is the first, and only, stock market index intended to reflect the surging demand for clean technology products and services. By tracking the market performance of leading publicly traded cleantech companies around the world, CTIUS has become the industry standard index underlying a growing range of financial products, such as exchange traded funds.
- DAXglobal Alternative Energy Index
- Distributed Energy Stock Index (DESI) - focusing on the distributed energy and technology industry
- Dow Jones Sustainability Indexes are a cooperation of Dow Jones Indexes, STOXX Limited and SAM Group. By bringing together the expertise of two leading index providers and the world-renowned pioneer in sustainability investing, the DJSI family rests on a strong foundation to meet the growing market demand for professional, objective and reliable sustainability benchmarks.
- Earth Index™: Forty public companies trading on US exchanges that deliver solutions to environmental pollution. Earth Index™
- Jefferies Global Clean Technology Energy Generation IndexSM - A sub-index of the Global Clean Technology Index; includes companies providing products and services related to solar and wind.
- Ludlow Alternative Energy Index tracks some of the top alternative energy stocks. The Index provides both institutional and individual investors a tool for tracking the day to day performance of the alternative energy sector in a diversified basket. The index is designed for investors who have a long-term bullish outlook on alternative energy, and may be seeking a diversified portfolio within the sector. The Ludlow Alternative Energy Index is owned and operated by Ludlow Energy Fund.
- Merriman Curhan Ford & Co. Next-Generation Energy (NGE) Indexsm (NYSE-Arca: NGE.X) tracks the top 30 small- and mid-cap U.S.-listed companies leading the important advances in the development and commercialization of five key NGE technology areas: fuel cells, solar power, alternative fuels, energy storage and other supporting technologies.
- NASDAQ Clean Edge U.S. Index - designed to track the performance of clean-energy companies that are publicly traded in the U.S. including companies engaged in the manufacturing, development, distribution, and installation of emerging clean-energy technologies such as solar photovoltaics, biofuels, and advanced batteries. The index is calculated and disseminated on a price return basis (NASDAQ: CLEN) and a total return basis (NASDAQ: CLNX)
- S&P Sector Indices Brochure
- SeaCrest Global Clean Energy Index is a market capitalization weighted equity index designed to serve as an equity benchmark for global stocks traded on a major US stock exchange, which are principally engaged in the following sectors: bio-energy, clean power, energy efficiency, energy management, fuel cells, solar power, water management and wind power.
- The Ardour Global Index is a capitalization-weighted, float adjusted index of 81 of the most prominent alternative energy stocks in the world.
- The Cleantech Index™ (CTIUS) includes US publicly traded "clean" technology companies that offer a diverse range of products, services, and processes designed to improve productivity and efficiency, while reducing environmental impact. The CTIUS includes nine sectors that span industries such as alternative energy, water resources and purification, advanced materials, and logistics. All of the companies in the CTIUS are listed on the New York Stock Exchange, Nasdaq, or the American Stock Exchange
- The KLD Global Climate 100SM Index (GC 100) is a specialty index designed to promote investment in public companies whose activities demonstrate the greatest potential for mitigating immediate and long-term causes of climate change. KLD, in partnership with the Global Energy Network Institute (GENI), created the Index in response to growing demand from institutions and individuals for investment strategies that address global warming.
- The Impax ET50 Index (ET50) is a performance-tracking index dedicated solely to publicly quoted companies that have core businesses in the development and operation of environmental technologies.
- The WilderHill Clean Energy Index (ECO) is a modified equal dollar weighted index comprised of publicly traded companies whose business's stand to benefit substantially from societal transition toward the use of cleaner energy and conservation. The Index is rebalanced each March, June, September and December. The Index divisor was initially determined to yield a benchmark value of 100.00 at the close of trading December 30, 2002. The Index was created by and is a trademark of WilderShares, LLC.