Environmentstocks.com - investing ideas in cleantech and environment stocks
Visit the Environment Green Stocks Directory at Investorideas.com - over 550 stocks to research
Cleantech Environment/ Green Stocks Directory Preview
Energy Efficiency Stocks
2G Bio-Energietechnik AG (XETRA: 2GB.DE) specialises in the conception, production and installation of highly efficient solutions for the decentralised generation of electricity and heat via combined heat and power (CHP). The mid-sized company has already installed more than 600 CHP facilities with more than 160,000 kW of electrical capacity and enjoys nationwide recognition as one of the technological leaders in the industry.
Advanced Analogic Technologies, Inc. (NasdaqGS:AATI) develops advanced semiconductor system solutions that play a key role in the continuing evolution of feature-rich, energy efficient electronic devices. The company focuses on addressing the application-specific power management needs of consumer devices such as mobile handsets, digital cameras, and netbooks/notebooks, as well as devices in a broad range of industrial, medical and telecom applications. AnalogicTech also licenses device, process, package, and application-related technologies. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, AnalogicTech has design centers in Santa Clara and Shanghai, and Asia-based operations and logistics.
AirTest Technologies Inc. (TSX:AAT.V) is a Green-Tech company specializing in sensors that improve commercial building operating efficiency and at the same time create energy savings. These sensors are all based on technical innovations developed in the last ten years and comprise a growing second wave of energy saving technologies that will make a significant contribution to the Sustainable Buildings Program. AirTest offers its products to leading-edge building owners, contractors and energy service companies targeting the buildings market. AirTest also provides energy cost reduction solutions to building equipment and controls manufacturers who incorporate AirTest sensor components in their products.
Alternate Energy Holdings (OTCPK:AEHI) actively develops and markets innovative clean energy sources to reduce dependence on foreign energy sources. Current projects include a bioethanol additive to reduce the cost of natural gas energy production, lightning harvesting technology for electricity and coal to diesel fuel.
American DG Energy (Amex: ADGE) supplies low-cost energy to its customers through distributed power generating systems. The Company is committed to providing institutional, commercial and small industrial facilities with clean, reliable power, cooling, heat and hot water at lower costs than charged by local utilities – without any capital or start-up costs to the energy user – through its On-Site Utility energy solutions. American DG Energy is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts
American Superconductor (NASDAQGS:AMSC) engages in the development, manufacture, and sale of products using two core technologies, high temperature superconductor (HTS) wires and power electronic converters for electric power application. The company also assembles superconductor wires and power electronic converters into integrated products, such as HTS ship propulsion motors and dynamic reactive compensation systems. The company operates in three segments: AMSC Wires, SuperMachines, and Power Electronic Systems. The AMSC Wires segment develops, manufactures, and sells HTS wire for power transmission cables, motors, generators, synchronous condensers, and specialty electromagnets. The SuperMachines segment develops and commercializes electric motors, generators, and synchronous condensers based on HTS wire for ship propulsion and industrial uses. The Power Electronic Systems segment develops and sells power electronic converters, as well as integrated systems, used for power quality and reliability solutions and for wind farm applications.
View the full stock directory as an Investorideas.com member or PDF
London, AIM Cleantech Stocks Directory
Energy Efficiency Stocks
Altona Resources Plc (AIM:ANR.L) is an Australian based energy Company that listed on the AIM market of London Stock Exchange in March 2005. Altona's primary focus is the completion of a bankable feasibility study for its wholly owned Arckaringa Project for an integrated 10 million barrel per year Coal to Liquid ('CTL') plant with a 560 MW co-generation power facility.
Applied Intellectual Capital (AIM:AINC.L) AIC is an AIM listed company that funds, develops, patents and commercialises electrochemical and advanced separations technologies in clean energy, electricity storage, water treatment, metals recovery and other emerging markets.
Babcock International Group PLC (AIM:BAB.L) As a provider to the public and private sectors, at Babcock Infrastructure Services we are committed to managing our business in an environmentally responsible manner. Apart from the environmental policies we operate we also have expert staff who are members of the CIBSE Low Carbon Consultants (LCC) Register and have extensive knowledge and experience to deliver sustainable energy solutions for your organization to help reduce its carbon footprint and to enable it to comply with Government legislation. For previous clients, we have achieved savings in excess of 10% of their utility budget. We are able to provide a range of Energy Services including: Provision of Energy Performance Certificates (EPC) and Display Energy Performance Certificates (DEC) as required by Energy Performance of Buildings Directive (EPBD) from 01/10/08. For owned and leased properties Provision of Part L2 certification Provision of Building Log Books as required by Part L2
Bglobal Plc (LSE:BGBL.L) Bglobal, independent specialists in energy measurement and management help companies significantly reduce energy costs, meet the Carbon Reduction Commitment and get smart about energy. Bglobal delivers a comprehensive suite of services for managing electricity and gas utilities including installation and maintenance of smart settlement meters and sub-meters, data collection for billing and settlements, and analysis tools which help customers make informed decisions on energy and save money. With nearly 100,000 smart electricity meters now installed in business premises across the UK we are responsible for settling approximately 1% of the entire UK electricity market and growing every day.
British Energy Group Plc. (AIM:BGY.L) A FTSE 100 company, British Energy Group plc is the UK's largest producer of electricity and the lowest carbon emitter of the major UK electricity generators. With a dedicated workforce of about 6,000 skilled professionals, we produce around one-sixth of the nation's electricity.
Cap-XX (LSE:CPX.L) develops high power, high energy supercapacitors in thin, flat, prismatic packages. They enable smaller, lighter, more functional and longer-running electronic products by providing peak power support to pulsed loads and short-term power support during interruptions to the primary source.
Chloride GRP (AIM:CHLD.L) Chloride Group PLC provides power protection solutions and services to support entire power network infrastructures and prevent costly downtime. Chloride's portfolio of solutions is designed to increase the availability of any mission critical application or process. Solutions include Uninterruptible Power Supplies, Static Transfer Switches, Power Conditioners, DC Power Systems, Industrial Systems and sophisticated power management software. At the heart of the offering is the remote monitoring tool LIFE.net. LIFE.net enables service centres to detect any abnormality in the operations of a customer's installation and act quickly and efficiently.
For the complete list of cleantech and renewable energy stocks - see the Investorideas.com renewable energy stocks directory - listing over 1300 green stocks on global stock exchanges
Environment/ Socially Responsible Stock Indices
- ACT Australian Cleantech Index provides a measure of the performance of the Australian listed stocks in the Cleantech sector.
- Bovespa ISE is designed to measure the return on a portfolio composed of shares of companies highly committed to social responsibility... corporate sustainability... good practices in the Brazilian corporate environment.
- Calvert Social Index, as a broad-based, rigorously constructed benchmark for measuring the performance of US-based socially responsible companies.
- Domini 400 Social Index - KLD's Domini 400 SocialSM Index (DS400) is a float-adjusted market capitalization weighted common stock index modeled on the S&P 500® Index.
- Domini Social Index Portfolio (DSIP)
- Dow Jones Sustainability Indexes - Includes 300-400 companies said to represent the top 10% of leading companies committed to sustainable practices worldwide.
- FTSE Environmental Technology Index Series . FTSE Group has launched the FTSE Environmental Technology Index Series in collaboration with the environmental technology specialist, Impax Asset Management, to provide two new environmental technology index solutions: the FTSE ET50 Index and FTSE Environmental Opportunities All-Share Index.
- FTSE4Good Index Series - Financial Times of London share indices of socially and environmentally screened firms.
- Impax ET50 (U.K.). The Impax ET50 is a stock index of companies whose core business involves environmental technologies.
- Jantzi Social Index (JSI) is a Canadian socially and environmentally screened share index.
- KLD Broad Market Social Index capturing the best environmental, social and governance (ESG) performers in each sector of the Russell 3000... represents 98% of the capitalization of the US equity market
- KLD Indexes constructs indexes for investors who integrate environmental, social and governance factors into their investment decisions. KLD's indexes are designed to be transparent, representative and investable.
- LOHAS Index - Lifestyles of Health and Sustainability. [Companies in this index] practice 'responsible capitalism' by providing goods and services using economic and environmentally sustainable business practices. There are three indices: the LOHAS Index, Healthy Living Index, and Sustainable Economy Index.
- NASDAQ® Clean Edge® U.S. Liquid Series Index (CELS) is a modified market capitalization-weighted index designed to track the performance of companies that are primarily manufacturers, developers, distributors, or installers of clean-energy technologies.
- S&P ESG India index provides investors with exposure to a liquid and tradable index of 50 of the best performing stocks in the Indian market as measured by environmental, social, and governance parameters.
- SRI Index Malaysia & Singapore SRI Index OWW Consulting launched the Responsibility™ SRI Index Series which aims to identify companies in Malaysia and Singapore with good CSR (or Economic, Social and Governance, ESG) reporting
Environment/ Green Stocks Cleantech Top News Story
Biofuel Stock Alert: BioFuel Energy (NASDAQ: BIOF) Spikes over 24%
New York, NY - July 16, 2012 (Investorideas.com renewable energy/ green newswire) Investorideas.com, a leader in renewable energy stock research for independent investors, issues an investor alert for BioFuel Energy Corp. (NasdaqCM :BIOF), trading up at $3.09, gaining $0.60 or 24.29% as of 12:24PM EDT on over 244,000 shares.
Renewable Energy and Green Stocks Commentary
Solar Stocks Commentary
Solar Energy Perspectives with J. Peter Lynch
Mr. Lynch has worked, for 31 years as an independent analyst and investor in small emerging technology companies. He has been actively involved in following developments in the renewable energy sector since 1977 and is regarded as an expert in this field. He was the contributing editor for the past 17 years to the Photovoltaic Insider Report, the leading publication in Photovoltaics industry that was directed at industrial subscribers, such as major energy companies, utilities and governments around the world.
Cleantech Environment/ Green Stocks articles, Q&A's and sector alerts
Investorideas.com to Stop Publishing Coal Stocks Directory Effective December 2013
New York, NY, Point Roberts, WA - December 2, 2013 (Investorideas.com Water Stocks Newswire) Investorideas.com staff: Investorideas.com, an investor research portal specializing in sector research for independent investors announces that effective December 2013 it will cease publication and sale of the coal stocks directory.
Renewable Energy Stock Q&A Interview with CEO and President of Powerdyne International, Inc. (OTCBB: PWDY)
New York, NY - August 19, 2013 (Investorideas.com renewable energy stocks newswire) Investorideas.com, an investor research portal specializing in sector research for independent investors, including renewable energy stocks issues an exclusive Q&A with the CEO and President of Powerdyne International, Inc. (OTCBB: PWDY), a company that manufactures portable power generation equipment.
Investing Idea: Smart Home - Smart Energy; Honda Motor (HMC) Environmental Innovation
Point Roberts, WA - April 24, 2013 (Investorideas.com renewable energy newswire) Investorideas.com staff: Investorideas.com, an investor research portal specializing in investing ideas in leading sectors issues a news and trading alert for Honda Motor Co., Ltd. (NYSE: HMC) , trading at $40.24, up 0.34 (0.85%) 11:21AM EDT on over 220,000 shares following news on Honda Smart Homes.
Investing Idea; Invest in What Drives You; Green Car Stocks to Watch: (BYDDY), (TSLA), (ZNN)
Point Roberts, WA - March 27, 2013 (Investorideas.com renewable energy newswire) Investorideas.com staff: Investorideas.com, an investor research portal specializing in investing ideas in leading sectors reports on green car stocks.
Investing Idea; Invest in the Environment: Frac Water Treatment Stocks to Watch (BAS), (GRH), (HIIT)
Point Roberts, WA - March 27, 2013 (Investorideas.com Newswire) Investorideas.com staff: Investorideas.com, an investor research portal specializing in investing ideas in leading sectors reports on trading for frac water treatment stocks.
Cleantech Stock Alert: Fuel-Tech (NasdaqGS: FTEK) Spikes on $36.6 Million Air Pollution Control contract in Chile
July 17, 2012 (Investorideas.com renewable energy/ green newswire) Investorideas.com, a leader in renewable energy stock research for independent investors, issues an investor alert for Fuel-Tech, Inc. (NasdaqGS :FTEK), trading at $5.3450, gaining 0.7750 or 16.96% as of 11:36AM EDT, moving on news of a $36.6 Million Air Pollution Control contract in Chile.
China Cleantech Stock Alert: Guanwei Recycling (NASDAQ:GPRC) Moves over 14%
New York, NY - May 11, 2012 - Investorideas.com renewable energy/green newswire) Investorideas.com, an investor research portal specializing in sector research including China stocks and renewable energy stocks issues trading alert for Guanwei Recycling Corp. (NasdaqCM:GPRC)
China Cleantech Stock Alert: Cleantech Solutions (NASDAQ:CLNT) Gains on News of $1.7 Million Order
New York, NY - April 30 2012 - Investorideas.com renewable energy/green newswire) Investorideas.com, a leader in renewable energy and cleantech stock research issues a sector alert for Cleantech Solutions International, Inc. (NASDAQ:CLNT) trading up at $5.38, up 0.84 (18.50%) 10:07AM EDT on over 600,000 shares.
TSX Cleantech Stock Electrovaya (TSX: EFL) Gains 30% in Morning Trading
New York, NY - May 28, 2012 (Investorideas.com renewable energy/green newswire) Investorideas.com, a leader in renewable energy stock research for independent investors, issues an investor alert for TSX cleantech stock, Electrovaya Inc. (TSX: EFL.TO), trading up at $0.72, up .17 or 30.91%.
China Stock Alert: Cleantech Solutions (NASDAQ:CLNT) Moves over 50% on News of $1.7 Million Turbine Deal
New York, NY - May 22, 2012 (InvestorIdeas.com Newswire) Investorideas.com, a leader in sector research including China and renewable stocks, reports on news and trading for Cleantech Solutions International, Inc. (NASDAQ:CLNT).
More - read archived articles and commentary
Cleantech Environment/ Green Stock Indices and ETF's
DB NASDAQ OMX® Clean Tech Index (DBCC). The index is an accurate, real-time representation of the global clean technology sector with exposure to clean energy, energy efficiency, transport, waste management and water companies. This is the first clean technology index co-branded by a global exchange company and a global bank.
The index is comprised of 119 companies identified by DBCCA from a global universe of ~4,000, each with at least a third of revenues derived from clean technology within investable geographies and exchanges identified by NASDAQ OMX.
- Australian SAM Sustainability Index (AuSSI) tracks the performance of Australia's Sustainability leaders. The index comprises the leading third in terms of economic, environmental and social criteria out of a universe of close to 200 Australian companies.
- Camino Energy maintains a global database of publicly-traded sustainable energy businesses. Its PurePlaytm Indices have been developed to focus on companies pursuing specific business activities in the sector. Current index coverage includes Solar, Renewable Electricity, Biofuels, and Fuel Cells".
- Cleantech Index: (AMEX: ^CTIUS) The leading global index of publicly traded cleantech companies. The Cleantech Index® is the first, and only, stock market index intended to reflect the surging demand for clean technology products and services. By tracking the market performance of leading publicly traded cleantech companies around the world, CTIUS has become the industry standard index underlying a growing range of financial products, such as exchange traded funds.
- DAXglobal Alternative Energy Index
- Distributed Energy Stock Index (DESI) - focusing on the distributed energy and technology industry
- Dow Jones Sustainability Indexes are a cooperation of Dow Jones Indexes, STOXX Limited and SAM Group. By bringing together the expertise of two leading index providers and the world-renowned pioneer in sustainability investing, the DJSI family rests on a strong foundation to meet the growing market demand for professional, objective and reliable sustainability benchmarks.
- Earth Index™: Forty public companies trading on US exchanges that deliver solutions to environmental pollution. Earth Index™
- Jefferies Global Clean Technology Energy Generation IndexSM - A sub-index of the Global Clean Technology Index; includes companies providing products and services related to solar and wind.
- Ludlow Alternative Energy Index tracks some of the top alternative energy stocks. The Index provides both institutional and individual investors a tool for tracking the day to day performance of the alternative energy sector in a diversified basket. The index is designed for investors who have a long-term bullish outlook on alternative energy, and may be seeking a diversified portfolio within the sector. The Ludlow Alternative Energy Index is owned and operated by Ludlow Energy Fund.
- Merriman Curhan Ford & Co. Next-Generation Energy (NGE) Indexsm (NYSE-Arca: NGE.X) tracks the top 30 small- and mid-cap U.S.-listed companies leading the important advances in the development and commercialization of five key NGE technology areas: fuel cells, solar power, alternative fuels, energy storage and other supporting technologies.
- NASDAQ Clean Edge U.S. Index - designed to track the performance of clean-energy companies that are publicly traded in the U.S. including companies engaged in the manufacturing, development, distribution, and installation of emerging clean-energy technologies such as solar photovoltaics, biofuels, and advanced batteries. The index is calculated and disseminated on a price return basis (NASDAQ: CLEN) and a total return basis (NASDAQ: CLNX)
- S&P Sector Indices Brochure
- SeaCrest Global Clean Energy Index is a market capitalization weighted equity index designed to serve as an equity benchmark for global stocks traded on a major US stock exchange, which are principally engaged in the following sectors: bio-energy, clean power, energy efficiency, energy management, fuel cells, solar power, water management and wind power.
- The Ardour Global Index is a capitalization-weighted, float adjusted index of 81 of the most prominent alternative energy stocks in the world.
- The Cleantech Index™ (CTIUS) includes US publicly traded "clean" technology companies that offer a diverse range of products, services, and processes designed to improve productivity and efficiency, while reducing environmental impact. The CTIUS includes nine sectors that span industries such as alternative energy, water resources and purification, advanced materials, and logistics. All of the companies in the CTIUS are listed on the New York Stock Exchange, Nasdaq, or the American Stock Exchange
- The KLD Global Climate 100SM Index (GC 100) is a specialty index designed to promote investment in public companies whose activities demonstrate the greatest potential for mitigating immediate and long-term causes of climate change. KLD, in partnership with the Global Energy Network Institute (GENI), created the Index in response to growing demand from institutions and individuals for investment strategies that address global warming.
- The Impax ET50 Index (ET50) is a performance-tracking index dedicated solely to publicly quoted companies that have core businesses in the development and operation of environmental technologies.
- The WilderHill Clean Energy Index (ECO) is a modified equal dollar weighted index comprised of publicly traded companies whose business's stand to benefit substantially from societal transition toward the use of cleaner energy and conservation. The Index is rebalanced each March, June, September and December. The Index divisor was initially determined to yield a benchmark value of 100.00 at the close of trading December 30, 2002. The Index was created by and is a trademark of WilderShares, LLC.
Cleantech Environment/ Green Stocks News from Google News
Sun, 16 Mar 2014 07:10:11 GMT
Resource scarcity and climate change - BusinessWorld Online Edition
(Sun, 09 Mar 2014 14:21:38 GMT)
Resource scarcity and climate changeBusinessWorld Online EditionIn this environment, it is inevitable that clean technologies for efficient resource consumption, renewable energy, biofuels, information technology, and waste reduction and management, among others, will lead to a paradigm shift in business practices ...and more »
Capstone Receives Follow-on Orders for Fifty C65s From Horizon Power ... - Wall Street Journal
(Wed, 12 Mar 2014 12:36:25 GMT)
Tesla Wakes To Rude Surprise As Chris Christie Administration Does Opposite ... - CleanTechnica
(Tue, 11 Mar 2014 20:51:31 GMT)