Renewable Energy Stock Indices
DB NASDAQ OMX® Clean Tech Index (DBCC). The index is an accurate, real-time representation of the global clean technology sector with exposure to clean energy, energy efficiency, transport, waste management and water companies. This is the first clean technology index co-branded by a global exchange company and a global bank.
The index is comprised of 119 companies identified by DBCCA from a global universe of ~4,000, each with at least a third of revenues derived from clean technology within investable geographies and exchanges identified by NASDAQ OMX.
- Ardour Global Index is a capitalization-weighted, float adjusted index of 81 of the most prominent alternative energy stocks in the world.
- Ardour Solar Energy IndexSM (SOLRX) is a rules-based, modified global-capitalization-weighted, float-adjusted index intended to give investors an efficient means of tracking the overall performance of a global universe of listed companies engaged in the solar industry. The Index is weighted based on the market capitalization of each of the component stocks, modified to conform to various asset diversification requirements, which are applied in conjunction with the scheduled quarterly adjustments to the Index. Index values are calculated on both a price-only and total-return basis.
- Australian SAM Sustainability Index (AuSSI) tracks the performance of Australia's Sustainability leaders. The index comprises the leading third in terms of economic, environmental and social criteria out of a universe of close to 200 Australian companies.
- Camino Energy maintains a global database of publicly-traded sustainable energy businesses. Its PurePlaytm Indices have been developed to focus on companies pursuing specific business activities in the sector. Current index coverage includes Solar, Renewable Electricity, Biofuels, and Fuel Cells".
- Cleantech Index: (AMEX: ^CTIUS) The leading global index of publicly traded cleantech companies. The Cleantech Index® is the first, and only, stock market index intended to reflect the surging demand for clean technology products and services. By tracking the market performance of leading publicly traded cleantech companies around the world, CTIUS has become the industry standard index underlying a growing range of financial products, such as exchange traded funds.
- DAXglobal Alternative Energy Index
- Dow Jones Sustainability Indexes are a cooperation of Dow Jones Indexes, STOXX Limited and SAM Group. By bringing together the expertise of two leading index providers and the world-renowned pioneer in sustainability investing, the DJSI family rests on a strong foundation to meet the growing market demand for professional, objective and reliable sustainability benchmarks.
- Earth Index™: Forty public companies trading on US exchanges that deliver solutions to environmental pollution. Earth Index™
- First Trust ISE Global Wind Energy Index Fund (FAN) is an exchange-traded fund. The investment objective of the Fund is to seek investment results that correspond generally to the price and yield, before the Fund's fees and expenses, of an equity index called the ISE Global Wind Energy Index.
- Jefferies Global Clean Technology Composite IndexSM - Includes companies providing products and services related to solar, wind, fuel cells, microturbines, battery technology, biofuels and other alternative solutions.
- Ludlow Alternative Energy Index tracks some of the top alternative energy stocks. The Index provides both institutional and individual investors a tool for tracking the day to day performance of the alternative energy sector in a diversified basket. The index is designed for investors who have a long-term bullish outlook on alternative energy, and may be seeking a diversified portfolio within the sector. The Ludlow Alternative Energy Index is owned and operated by Ludlow Energy Fund. Ludlow Energy SmallCap Index
- Merriman Curhan Ford & Co. Next-Generation Energy (NGE) Indexsm (NYSE-Arca: NGE.X) tracks the top 30 small- and mid-cap U.S.-listed companies leading the important advances in the development and commercialization of five key NGE technology areas: fuel cells, solar power, alternative fuels, energy storage and other supporting technologies.
- NASDAQ Clean Edge U.S. Index - designed to track the performance of clean-energy companies that are publicly traded in the U.S. including companies engaged in the manufacturing, development, distribution, and installation of emerging clean-energy technologies such as solar photovoltaics, biofuels, and advanced batteries. The index is calculated and disseminated on a price return basis (NASDAQ: CLEN) and a total return basis (NASDAQ: CLNX)
- NASDAQ OMX(r) Clean Edge(r) Global Wind Energy Index is amodified market-capitalization index and includes companies that areprimarily manufacturers, developers, distributors, installers, andusers of energy derived from wind sources
- SeaCrest Global Clean Energy Index is a market capitalization weighted equity index designed to serve as an equity benchmark for global stocks traded on a major US stock exchange, which are principally engaged in the following sectors: bio-energy, clean power, energy efficiency, energy management, fuel cells, solar power, water management and wind power.
- S&P Sector Indices Brochure
- SecurityStockWatch.com Alternative Energy Index
- The Cleantech Index™ (CTIUS) includes US publicly traded "clean" technology companies that offer a diverse range of products, services, and processes designed to improve productivity and efficiency, while reducing environmental impact. The CTIUS includes nine sectors that span industries such as alternative energy, water resources and purification, advanced materials, and logistics. All of the companies in the CTIUS are listed on the New York Stock Exchange, Nasdaq, or the American Stock Exchange
- The ISE Global Wind Energy Index (GWE) provides a benchmark for investors interested in tracking public companies that are active in the wind energy industry based on analysis of those companies' products and services.
- The Impax ET50 Index (ET50) is a performance-tracking index dedicated solely to publicly quoted companies that have core businesses in the development and operation of environmental technologies.
- The KLD Global Climate 100SM Index (GC 100) is a specialty index designed to promote investment in public companies whose activities demonstrate the greatest potential for mitigating immediate and long-term causes of climate change. KLD, in partnership with the Global Energy Network Institute (GENI), created the Index in response to growing demand from institutions and individuals for investment strategies that address global warming.
- The Renaissance Green IPO Index - performance of newly public companies whose products and services offer solutions to environmental problems.
- The WilderHill Clean Energy Index (AMEX:ECO) is a modified equal dollar weighted index comprised of publicly traded companies whose business's stand to benefit substantially from societal transition toward the use of cleaner energy and conservation.
- The RENIXX® (Renewable Energy Industrial Index) - World is the first global stock index, which comprises the performance of the world's 30 largest companies of the renewable energy industry whose weighting in the index is based on the market capitalization (free float).
- The WilderHill New Energy Global Innovation Index (NEX) in order to track companies in clean energy worldwide, that are based mainly outside of the United States.
- The WilderHill® Progressive Energy Index (WHPRO) contains companies that can serve as an energy bridge improving near-term use of fossil fuel resources by progressively reducing carbon and other pollution.
- Distributed Energy Financial Group LLC - Distributed Energy Stock Index (DESI) focusing on the distributed energy and technology industry - DESI Quarterly Report
- DEFG's Distributed Energy Stock Index (DESI) Reaches New High, Up 5.5% in Q3 - The Distributed Energy Financial Group LLC (DEFG, www.defgllc.com), a specialized consulting and financial services firm focused on the energy technology sector, released Q3 results today of the Distributed Energy Stock Index (DESI, pronounced Deh-Zee), an index of 42 publicly traded companies in the alternative energy space. Distributed Energy Financial Group LLC - Distributed Energy Stock Index (DESI) focusing on the distributed energy and technology industry - DESI Quarterly Report
Renewable Energy Stocks Articles and Interviews
sector spotlight and commentary from Investorideas.com and Renewableenergystocks.com
Clean Energy Works: New Report To Show Top States For Clean Energy, Clean Transportation Jobs In 2nd Quarter 2014
August 26, 2014 (Investorideas.com renewable energy stocks newswire) Some Good News: New Clean Energy, Clean Transportation Job Announcements Doubled from Q1 to Q2; However, Congressional Gridlock Keeps the Boom/Bust Cycle in Place
REPORT: NEARLY 5,600 CLEAN ENERGY JOBS ANNOUNCED IN FIRST QUARTER, DOWN FROM SAME PERIOD IN 2013
WASHINGTON - May 22, 2014 (Investorideas.com renewable energy stocks newswire) Congressional inaction on key clean energy tax policies, coupled with attacks on state renewable energy programs, led to a dramatic decline in clean energy job announcements in the first quarter of this year
Solar Stock Alert: SolarCity (Nasdaq:SCTY) Launches First-of-its-Kind Solar Service in Nevada
LAS VEGAS - May 1, 2014 (Investorideas.com renewable energy stocks newswire) SolarCity(r) (Nasdaq:SCTY) is launching its solar service in Nevada for the first time.
IDTechEx Forecast Increasing Adoption of Wide Band Gap Power Semiconductors in EVs
April 1, 2014 (Investorideas.com renewable energy stocks newswire) In the last century, silicon semiconductor-based power electronics - which control or convert electrical energy into usable power - transformed the computing, communication, electric vehicle and energy industries and gave consumers and businesses more powerful laptops, cell phones and motors.
Electric Car Stock News: Tesla (TSLA) Releases Fourth Quarter & Full Year 2013 Financial Results
PALO ALTO, CA - February 20, 2014 (Investorideas.com renewable energy stocks newswire) Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA) released its financial results for the fourth quarter and full year ended December 31, 2013 yesterday at the close, by posting the current Shareholder Letter on its website.
Electric Car Stock Tesla (TSLA) Soars over 10% in early Trading: Germany says Model S Has No Defects
Renewable Energy Stock to Watch
Possible game changer in batteries
A123 Systems, Inc. (NasdaqGS: AONE) is a leading developer and manufacturer of advanced lithium-ion batteries and energy storage systems for transportation, electric grid and commercial applications. The company's proprietary Nanophosphate(R) technology is built on novel nanoscale materials initially developed at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and is designed to deliver high power and energy density, increased safety and extended life. A123 leverages breakthrough technology, high-quality manufacturing and expert systems integration capabilities to deliver innovative solutions that enable customers to bring next-generation products to market. www.a123systems.com.
Renewable Energy Stocks Commentary
Solar Stocks Commentary
Solar Energy Perspectives with J. Peter Lynch
Mr. Lynch has worked, for 31 years as an independent analyst and investor in small emerging technology companies. He has been actively involved in following developments in the renewable energy sector since 1977 and is regarded as an expert in this field. He was the contributing editor for the past 17 years to the Photovoltaic Insider Report, the leading publication in Photovoltaics industry that was directed at industrial subscribers, such as major energy companies, utilities and governments around the world.
Renewable Energy Stocks Directory
Renewable energy stocks on TSX, ASX, AIM, OTC, NASDAQ, NYSE and global stock exchanges - over 1400 stocks to research
Wind Power & Wind Energy Stocks (Preview only of directory). The entire directory is available by login or PDF
Clean Wind Energy Tower, Inc.
Clean Wind Energy Tower, Inc. (OTCBB:CWET) was established to commercialize a number of proven and validated technologies and construction systems into a single large downdraft tower structure that produces abundant inexpensive electricity. See company profile
* Stocks are showcase advertising wind stock companies on our site - Read disclaimers and Disclosure
3Power Energy Group (OTCBB:PSPW; Frankfurt: PSD.F) is emerging as a world-wide independent major player in producing electricity generated by solar, wind, hydro, biomass and other renewable energy resources and to develop, build and operate power plants based upon these technologies. The Company plans to develop clean, sustainable power generation and become a trusted energy provider to utility companies and corporate entities around the world. The Company expects to establish its headquarters in London, with satellite offices and operations in North America, Latin America, Europe, and Asia.
A-Power Energy Generation Systems, Ltd. (NasdaqGS:APWR) through its China-based operating subsidiaries, is a leading provider of distributed power generation systems in China and is expanding into the production of alternative power generation systems. Focusing on energy-efficient and environmentally friendly distributed power generation projects of 25 to 400 megawatts, A-Power also operates one of the largest wind turbine manufacturing facilities in China.
ABB Ltd. (NYSE:ABB), ABB is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility and industry customers to improve performance while lowering environmental impact. The ABB group of companies operates in some 100 countries and employs approximately 120,000 people. In Canada (www.abb.ca), ABB employs over 2,000 people in 26 locations from coast to coast. With its 30 years of experience, in-depth know-how, global manufacturing footprint and thorough understanding of both wind turbine applications and power systems, ABB serves wind power customers at every stage of the process. ABB is the leading supplier to the wind power industry of electrical products and solutions. ABB stands for "Power and productivity for a better world".
Acciona SA (MCE:ANA.MC) is active in all the principal clean energies, and is ranked as the number one wind farm developer and constructor in the world and seventh in the world as a manufacturer of wind turbines using their own technology.
See full renewable energy stocks directory and login as a member or get in PDF