Renewable Energy News
First Farm In Washington Awarded Top Grassfed And Animal Welfare Certification
ELLENSBURG, WA - May 21, 2015 (Investorideas.com renewable energy stocks newswire) Windy N Ranch is the first farming business in Washington to be Certified Grassfed by AWA.
Environmental groups back in court over pesticide banned in Norway but permitted in Canada
OTTAWA and MONTREAL - May 21, 2015 (Investorideas.com renewable energy stocks newswire) The federal government is unlawfully shielding from review pest control products containing a pesticide banned in Norway, environmental groups said today.
Empower Energies Adds 580 kilowatts to 1.23 megawatt Solar Array at GM Baltimore Facility
FREDERICK, MD - May 21, 2015 (Investorideas.com renewable energy stocks newswire) Empower Energies, a leading Clean Energy Portfolio Solutions company, announced the completion of a 580 kilowatt (PV) addition to the solar array at the General Motors Baltimore Operations facility in White Marsh, MD.
Biofuels Financial Conference 2015 - Top Ethanol Producers Manage Growth and Plan for Change
Wilmar, MN - May 20, 2015 (Investorideas.com renewable energy stocks newswire) The most successful biofuels production plants are watching for ways to manage capital, reinvest profits and help their facilities evolve, says John Christianson, CPA and Partner at Christianson & Associates, PLLP, based in Willmar, MN.
IFSA Research Report and 6% 5-year debenture offering
May 19, 2015 (Investorideas.com renewable energy stocks newswire) City Windmills Holdings PLC (“CW”) is pleased to present an Investment Research Report compiled by IFSA, its Corporate Advisor, which is accessible on CW's web-site.
Vegan Diets Find Support From Government And Hit Their Stride With Vegan Pledge Program
May 19, 2015 (Investorideas.com renewable energy stocks newswire) The unprecedented recent Scientific Report of the Dietary Guidelines Advisory Committee strongly recommends a shift toward plant-based foods not only for health reasons, but also for environmental reasons.
Brazil and Chile Leading Strong South American Renewable Energy Growth to 2017, says GlobalData
LONDON, UK - May 19, 2015 (Investorideas.com renewable energy stocks newswire) Brazil will spearhead renewable energy additions in South America to 2017, with the country's cumulative installed capacity expanding from 19.8 Gigawatts (GW) in 2013 to over 32.9 GW by 2017
Sri Lanka Becomes World’s First Nation to Comprehensively Protect All of Its Mangrove Forests
COLOMBO, SRI LANKA - May 15, 2015 (Investorideas.com renewable energy stocks newswire) In a press conference on May 12 in Colombo, Sri Lanka, U.S.-based NGO (nonprofit organization) Seacology
Noesis Helps Trigger Titan Led Growth Surge
AUSTIN, TX - May 14, 2015 (Investorideas.com renewable energy stocks newswire) Noesis, the tech-enabled lending marketplace for financing energy-saving commercial building improvements, today announced that Titan LED, the leader in advanced LED solutions for commercial building owners, has seen its deal approval rates increase by 40 percent.
Dresser-Rand (NYSE: DRC) Releases 2014 Corporate Sustainability Report
HOUSTON - May 13, 2015 (Investorideas.com renewable energy stocks newswire) Dresser-Rand Group Inc. (NYSE: DRC) has published its sixth annual Corporate Sustainability Report
Subscribe to Renewable Energy News RSS
Renewble Energy News from Market Wired
Solar Stocks Commentary
Solar Energy Perspectives with J. Peter Lynch
Mr. Lynch has worked, for 31 years as an independent analyst and investor in small emerging technology companies. He has been actively involved in following developments in the renewable energy sector since 1977 and is regarded as an expert in this field. He was the contributing editor for the past 17 years to the Photovoltaic Insider Report, the leading publication in Photovoltaics industry that was directed at industrial subscribers, such as major energy companies, utilities and governments around the world.
Renewable Energy Stock Indices
DB NASDAQ OMX® Clean Tech Index (DBCC). The index is an accurate, real-time representation of the global clean technology sector with exposure to clean energy, energy efficiency, transport, waste management and water companies. This is the first clean technology index co-branded by a global exchange company and a global bank.
The index is comprised of 119 companies identified by DBCCA from a global universe of ~4,000, each with at least a third of revenues derived from clean technology within investable geographies and exchanges identified by NASDAQ OMX.
- Ardour Global Index is a capitalization-weighted, float adjusted index of 81 of the most prominent alternative energy stocks in the world.
- Ardour Solar Energy IndexSM (SOLRX) is a rules-based, modified global-capitalization-weighted, float-adjusted index intended to give investors an efficient means of tracking the overall performance of a global universe of listed companies engaged in the solar industry. The Index is weighted based on the market capitalization of each of the component stocks, modified to conform to various asset diversification requirements, which are applied in conjunction with the scheduled quarterly adjustments to the Index. Index values are calculated on both a price-only and total-return basis.
- Australian SAM Sustainability Index (AuSSI) tracks the performance of Australia's Sustainability leaders. The index comprises the leading third in terms of economic, environmental and social criteria out of a universe of close to 200 Australian companies.
- Camino Energy maintains a global database of publicly-traded sustainable energy businesses. Its PurePlaytm Indices have been developed to focus on companies pursuing specific business activities in the sector. Current index coverage includes Solar, Renewable Electricity, Biofuels, and Fuel Cells".
- Cleantech Index: (AMEX: ^CTIUS) The leading global index of publicly traded cleantech companies. The Cleantech Index® is the first, and only, stock market index intended to reflect the surging demand for clean technology products and services. By tracking the market performance of leading publicly traded cleantech companies around the world, CTIUS has become the industry standard index underlying a growing range of financial products, such as exchange traded funds.
- DAXglobal Alternative Energy Index
- Dow Jones Sustainability Indexes are a cooperation of Dow Jones Indexes, STOXX Limited and SAM Group. By bringing together the expertise of two leading index providers and the world-renowned pioneer in sustainability investing, the DJSI family rests on a strong foundation to meet the growing market demand for professional, objective and reliable sustainability benchmarks.
- Earth Index™: Forty public companies trading on US exchanges that deliver solutions to environmental pollution. Earth Index™
- First Trust ISE Global Wind Energy Index Fund (FAN) is an exchange-traded fund. The investment objective of the Fund is to seek investment results that correspond generally to the price and yield, before the Fund's fees and expenses, of an equity index called the ISE Global Wind Energy Index.
- Jefferies Global Clean Technology Composite IndexSM - Includes companies providing products and services related to solar, wind, fuel cells, microturbines, battery technology, biofuels and other alternative solutions.
- Ludlow Alternative Energy Index tracks some of the top alternative energy stocks. The Index provides both institutional and individual investors a tool for tracking the day to day performance of the alternative energy sector in a diversified basket. The index is designed for investors who have a long-term bullish outlook on alternative energy, and may be seeking a diversified portfolio within the sector. The Ludlow Alternative Energy Index is owned and operated by Ludlow Energy Fund. Ludlow Energy SmallCap Index
- Merriman Curhan Ford & Co. Next-Generation Energy (NGE) Indexsm (NYSE-Arca: NGE.X) tracks the top 30 small- and mid-cap U.S.-listed companies leading the important advances in the development and commercialization of five key NGE technology areas: fuel cells, solar power, alternative fuels, energy storage and other supporting technologies.
- NASDAQ Clean Edge U.S. Index - designed to track the performance of clean-energy companies that are publicly traded in the U.S. including companies engaged in the manufacturing, development, distribution, and installation of emerging clean-energy technologies such as solar photovoltaics, biofuels, and advanced batteries. The index is calculated and disseminated on a price return basis (NASDAQ: CLEN) and a total return basis (NASDAQ: CLNX)
- NASDAQ OMX(r) Clean Edge(r) Global Wind Energy Index is amodified market-capitalization index and includes companies that areprimarily manufacturers, developers, distributors, installers, andusers of energy derived from wind sources
- SeaCrest Global Clean Energy Index is a market capitalization weighted equity index designed to serve as an equity benchmark for global stocks traded on a major US stock exchange, which are principally engaged in the following sectors: bio-energy, clean power, energy efficiency, energy management, fuel cells, solar power, water management and wind power.
- S&P Sector Indices Brochure
- SecurityStockWatch.com Alternative Energy Index
- The Cleantech Index™ (CTIUS) includes US publicly traded "clean" technology companies that offer a diverse range of products, services, and processes designed to improve productivity and efficiency, while reducing environmental impact. The CTIUS includes nine sectors that span industries such as alternative energy, water resources and purification, advanced materials, and logistics. All of the companies in the CTIUS are listed on the New York Stock Exchange, Nasdaq, or the American Stock Exchange
- The ISE Global Wind Energy Index (GWE) provides a benchmark for investors interested in tracking public companies that are active in the wind energy industry based on analysis of those companies' products and services.
- The Impax ET50 Index (ET50) is a performance-tracking index dedicated solely to publicly quoted companies that have core businesses in the development and operation of environmental technologies.
- The KLD Global Climate 100SM Index (GC 100) is a specialty index designed to promote investment in public companies whose activities demonstrate the greatest potential for mitigating immediate and long-term causes of climate change. KLD, in partnership with the Global Energy Network Institute (GENI), created the Index in response to growing demand from institutions and individuals for investment strategies that address global warming.
- The Renaissance Green IPO Index - performance of newly public companies whose products and services offer solutions to environmental problems.
- The WilderHill Clean Energy Index (AMEX:ECO) is a modified equal dollar weighted index comprised of publicly traded companies whose business's stand to benefit substantially from societal transition toward the use of cleaner energy and conservation.
- The RENIXX® (Renewable Energy Industrial Index) - World is the first global stock index, which comprises the performance of the world's 30 largest companies of the renewable energy industry whose weighting in the index is based on the market capitalization (free float).
- The WilderHill New Energy Global Innovation Index (NEX) in order to track companies in clean energy worldwide, that are based mainly outside of the United States.
- The WilderHill® Progressive Energy Index (WHPRO) contains companies that can serve as an energy bridge improving near-term use of fossil fuel resources by progressively reducing carbon and other pollution.
- Distributed Energy Financial Group LLC - Distributed Energy Stock Index (DESI) focusing on the distributed energy and technology industry - DESI Quarterly Report
- DEFG's Distributed Energy Stock Index (DESI) Reaches New High, Up 5.5% in Q3 - The Distributed Energy Financial Group LLC (DEFG, www.defgllc.com), a specialized consulting and financial services firm focused on the energy technology sector, released Q3 results today of the Distributed Energy Stock Index (DESI, pronounced Deh-Zee), an index of 42 publicly traded companies in the alternative energy space. Distributed Energy Financial Group LLC - Distributed Energy Stock Index (DESI) focusing on the distributed energy and technology industry - DESI Quarterly Report
Renewable Energy Stocks Directory Preview
Photovoltaic & Solar Stocks
3Power Energy Group ( OTC:PSPW ) is a cutting-edge sustainable energy utility company, focused on global wind, solar and hydro solutions. 3Power plans to provide its clients with green power on a utility scale, from secure and reliable renewable energy sources built, owned and operated by the Group.
Abengoa ( NasdaqGS:ABGB ; MCE:ABG.MC ) applies innovative technology solutions for sustainability in the energy and environment sectors, generating electricity from renewable resources, converting biomass into biofuels and producing drinking water from sea water. Solar Energy
Acciona SA ( OTC:ACXIF ; MCE:ANA.MC ) is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Acciona is a major player in the renewable energy market, with a strong presence in over 20 countries on five continents. The company works exclusively with renewable energy, specifically in five of them — wind, solar PV,solar thermal, hydro and biomass.
ACT Aurora Control Technologies Corp. ( TSX:ACU.V ) develops, manufactures and markets inline measurement systems for the photovoltaic industry. Headquartered in North Vancouver, Canada, and founded by experienced leaders in process measurement, semiconductor manufacturing and industrial automation, the Company's inline, real-time measurement and control products provide photovoltaic cell manufacturers with the means to lower production costs and increase profitability.
Advanced Energy Industries, Inc . ( NasdaqGS:AEIS ) is a global leader in innovative power and control technologies for high-growth, precision power conversion solutions. Advanced Energy is headquartered in Fort Collins, Colorado, with dedicated support and service locations around the world. Advanced Energy is a global leader in reliable power conversion solutions used in thin-film plasma manufacturing processes and solar energy generation.
AIXTRON AG ( NasdaqGS:AIXG ) is a provider of deposition equipment to the semiconductor and compound-semiconductor industry. The Company's technology solutions are used by a diverse range of customers to build advanced components for electronic and opto-electronic applications based on compound, silicon, or organic semiconductor materials. t AIXTRON, we combine expertise and innovation required to develop highly complex technologies. With the most productive MOCVD systems in the world, we are enabling future applications, such as the LEDs, power electronics, and photovoltaic materials.
Amtech Systems, Inc.. ( NASDAQGS:ASYS ) is a global supplier of advanced thermal processing equipment to the solar, semiconductor / electronics, and LED manufacturing markets. Amtech's equipment includes diffusion, ALD and PECVD systems, ion implanters, and solder reflow systems. Amtech also supplies wafer handling automation and polishing equipment and related consumable products. The Company's wafer handling, thermal processing and consumable products currently address the diffusion, oxidation, and deposition steps used in the fabrication of solar cells, LEDs, semiconductors, MEMS, printed circuit boards, semiconductor packaging, and the polishing of newly sliced sapphire and silicon wafers.
Andalay Solar, Inc. ( OTC:WEST ) Founded in 2001, the Company is a designer and manufacturer of integrated solar power systems. The Company has been a pioneer in the concept of integrating the racking, wiring and grounding directly into a solar panel. The Company's AC solar panel reduces the number of components for a rooftop solar installation by approximately 80% and lowers labor costs by approximately 50%. This AC panel, which won the 2009 Popular Mechanics Breakthrough Award, has become the industry's most widely installed AC solar panel. The Company currently sells its new generation "Instant Connect®" products in both AC and DC format which provide the best combination of safety, performance and reliability.
Applied Materials, Inc ( NASDAQGS:AMAT ) is the global leader in precision materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic industries. Our technologies help make innovations like smartphones, flat screen TVs and solar panels more affordable and accessible to consumers and businesses around the world.
Ascent Solar Technologies, Inc . ( NASDAQCM:ASTI ) is a developer of thin-film photovoltaic modules with substrate materials that are more flexible, versatile and rugged than traditional solar panels. Ascent Solar modules can be directly integrated into consumer products and off-grid applications, as well as aerospace and building integrated applications. Ascent Solar is headquartered in Thornton, Colorado.