Renewable Energy News
Pan Global Corp.'s (PGLO) Renewables Expertise Seen as a Natural Fit for India's Growing Energy Needs
January 30, 2015 (Investorideas.com renewable energy stocks newswire) The potential of India’s power sector is diverse, spattered with commercial power generation alternatives such as natural gas, coal, oil, hydro and nuclear, as well as sources of energy like solar, wind, bio-gas and agriculture.
Consumer Packaging And The Environment: Report Finds Few Leaders & Many Laggards In fast Food, Beverage, And Consumer Goods Industries
SAN FRANCISCO, CA - January 30, 2015 (Investorideas.com renewable energy stocks newswire) While plastic packaging is the fastest growing form of packaging in the U.S. in large part due to the popularity of fast food and consumer beverages, only 14 percent of it is recycled.
Global Plastic Production Rises, Recycling Lags
Washington, D.C. - January 29, 2015 (Investorideas.com renewable energy stocks newswire) For more than 50 years, global production of plastic has continued to rise.
Environmental Report On Fast Food, Beverage, Consumer Goods Packaging To Identify Leader, Laggard Companies
WASHINGTON, D.C. AND OAKLAND, CA - January 28, 2015 (Investorideas.com renewable energy stocks newswire) Which fast food, beverage, and consumer goods companies are leaders and which are laggards when it comes to packaging recyclability, compostability and other key practices that could boost the currently dismal recycling rate in the US?
Oil Price Hits Electric Vehicle Sales?
January 26, 2015 (Investorideas.com renewable energy stocks newswire) The oil price may stay low for many years due to oversupply.
New Bipartisan Poll: Americans Embrace Climate Action, Clean Energy & Health Protections
WASHINGTON - January 22, 2015 (Investorideas.com renewable energy stocks newswire) With President Obama and the new GOP-controlled Congress facing showdowns over climate change, and health and environmental safeguards, new public opinion research shows that a strong majority of Americans in five key states support existing protections and many
Climate Change And Nuclear Tensions Push Doomsday Clock Hands Forward
WASHINGTON, D.C. - January 22, 2015 (Investorideas.com renewable energy stocks newswire) Warning that "the probability of global catastrophe is very high" unless quick action is taken, the Bulletin of Atomic Scientists Science and Security Board today cited unchecked climate change and global nuclear weapons modernization as the basis for their decision to move the minute hand of the historic Doomsday Clock forward two minutes.
Groups Petition Hawai'ian Utility: Don't Let Merger Slow Down Solar Advances
Honolulu - January 16, 2015 (Investorideas.com renewable energy stocks newswire) Yesterday, a coalition of clean energy groups petitioned the Hawai'i Public Utilities Commission to complete its ongoing work to plan Hawai'i's energy future before considering the proposed acquisition of Hawaiian Electric Industries by the Florida-based NextEra Energy.
EV News: Kandi Technologies (NASDAQ GS: KNDI) Announces the Launch of "Mini Police Car" Program in Hangzhou
Jinhua, China - January 14, 2015 (Newsfile Corp.) (Investorideas.com renewable energy stocks newswire) Kandi Technologies Group, Inc. (NASDAQ GS: KNDI) (the "Company" or "Kandi"), today announced that the first 60 Kandi Brand electric vehicles ("EV"s) were delivered to launch another innovative EV business model, a "Mini Police Car" Program.
Green or Greedy? Corporations' Role in Global Sustainable Development
Washington, D.C. - January 13, 2015 (Investorideas.com renewable energy stocks newswire) As national governments flounder to resolve pressing global challenges, corporations are positioning themselves within the United Nations framework as efficient players and indispensable partners in international policy debates.
Subscribe to Renewable Energy News RSS
Renewble Energy News from Market Wired
Renewable Energy Stock Indices
DB NASDAQ OMX® Clean Tech Index (DBCC). The index is an accurate, real-time representation of the global clean technology sector with exposure to clean energy, energy efficiency, transport, waste management and water companies. This is the first clean technology index co-branded by a global exchange company and a global bank.
The index is comprised of 119 companies identified by DBCCA from a global universe of ~4,000, each with at least a third of revenues derived from clean technology within investable geographies and exchanges identified by NASDAQ OMX.
- Ardour Global Index is a capitalization-weighted, float adjusted index of 81 of the most prominent alternative energy stocks in the world.
- Ardour Solar Energy IndexSM (SOLRX) is a rules-based, modified global-capitalization-weighted, float-adjusted index intended to give investors an efficient means of tracking the overall performance of a global universe of listed companies engaged in the solar industry. The Index is weighted based on the market capitalization of each of the component stocks, modified to conform to various asset diversification requirements, which are applied in conjunction with the scheduled quarterly adjustments to the Index. Index values are calculated on both a price-only and total-return basis.
- Australian SAM Sustainability Index (AuSSI) tracks the performance of Australia's Sustainability leaders. The index comprises the leading third in terms of economic, environmental and social criteria out of a universe of close to 200 Australian companies.
- Camino Energy maintains a global database of publicly-traded sustainable energy businesses. Its PurePlaytm Indices have been developed to focus on companies pursuing specific business activities in the sector. Current index coverage includes Solar, Renewable Electricity, Biofuels, and Fuel Cells".
- Cleantech Index: (AMEX: ^CTIUS) The leading global index of publicly traded cleantech companies. The Cleantech Index® is the first, and only, stock market index intended to reflect the surging demand for clean technology products and services. By tracking the market performance of leading publicly traded cleantech companies around the world, CTIUS has become the industry standard index underlying a growing range of financial products, such as exchange traded funds.
- DAXglobal Alternative Energy Index
- Dow Jones Sustainability Indexes are a cooperation of Dow Jones Indexes, STOXX Limited and SAM Group. By bringing together the expertise of two leading index providers and the world-renowned pioneer in sustainability investing, the DJSI family rests on a strong foundation to meet the growing market demand for professional, objective and reliable sustainability benchmarks.
- Earth Index™: Forty public companies trading on US exchanges that deliver solutions to environmental pollution. Earth Index™
- First Trust ISE Global Wind Energy Index Fund (FAN) is an exchange-traded fund. The investment objective of the Fund is to seek investment results that correspond generally to the price and yield, before the Fund's fees and expenses, of an equity index called the ISE Global Wind Energy Index.
- Jefferies Global Clean Technology Composite IndexSM - Includes companies providing products and services related to solar, wind, fuel cells, microturbines, battery technology, biofuels and other alternative solutions.
- Ludlow Alternative Energy Index tracks some of the top alternative energy stocks. The Index provides both institutional and individual investors a tool for tracking the day to day performance of the alternative energy sector in a diversified basket. The index is designed for investors who have a long-term bullish outlook on alternative energy, and may be seeking a diversified portfolio within the sector. The Ludlow Alternative Energy Index is owned and operated by Ludlow Energy Fund. Ludlow Energy SmallCap Index
- Merriman Curhan Ford & Co. Next-Generation Energy (NGE) Indexsm (NYSE-Arca: NGE.X) tracks the top 30 small- and mid-cap U.S.-listed companies leading the important advances in the development and commercialization of five key NGE technology areas: fuel cells, solar power, alternative fuels, energy storage and other supporting technologies.
- NASDAQ Clean Edge U.S. Index - designed to track the performance of clean-energy companies that are publicly traded in the U.S. including companies engaged in the manufacturing, development, distribution, and installation of emerging clean-energy technologies such as solar photovoltaics, biofuels, and advanced batteries. The index is calculated and disseminated on a price return basis (NASDAQ: CLEN) and a total return basis (NASDAQ: CLNX)
- NASDAQ OMX(r) Clean Edge(r) Global Wind Energy Index is amodified market-capitalization index and includes companies that areprimarily manufacturers, developers, distributors, installers, andusers of energy derived from wind sources
- SeaCrest Global Clean Energy Index is a market capitalization weighted equity index designed to serve as an equity benchmark for global stocks traded on a major US stock exchange, which are principally engaged in the following sectors: bio-energy, clean power, energy efficiency, energy management, fuel cells, solar power, water management and wind power.
- S&P Sector Indices Brochure
- SecurityStockWatch.com Alternative Energy Index
- The Cleantech Index™ (CTIUS) includes US publicly traded "clean" technology companies that offer a diverse range of products, services, and processes designed to improve productivity and efficiency, while reducing environmental impact. The CTIUS includes nine sectors that span industries such as alternative energy, water resources and purification, advanced materials, and logistics. All of the companies in the CTIUS are listed on the New York Stock Exchange, Nasdaq, or the American Stock Exchange
- The ISE Global Wind Energy Index (GWE) provides a benchmark for investors interested in tracking public companies that are active in the wind energy industry based on analysis of those companies' products and services.
- The Impax ET50 Index (ET50) is a performance-tracking index dedicated solely to publicly quoted companies that have core businesses in the development and operation of environmental technologies.
- The KLD Global Climate 100SM Index (GC 100) is a specialty index designed to promote investment in public companies whose activities demonstrate the greatest potential for mitigating immediate and long-term causes of climate change. KLD, in partnership with the Global Energy Network Institute (GENI), created the Index in response to growing demand from institutions and individuals for investment strategies that address global warming.
- The Renaissance Green IPO Index - performance of newly public companies whose products and services offer solutions to environmental problems.
- The WilderHill Clean Energy Index (AMEX:ECO) is a modified equal dollar weighted index comprised of publicly traded companies whose business's stand to benefit substantially from societal transition toward the use of cleaner energy and conservation.
- The RENIXX® (Renewable Energy Industrial Index) - World is the first global stock index, which comprises the performance of the world's 30 largest companies of the renewable energy industry whose weighting in the index is based on the market capitalization (free float).
- The WilderHill New Energy Global Innovation Index (NEX) in order to track companies in clean energy worldwide, that are based mainly outside of the United States.
- The WilderHill® Progressive Energy Index (WHPRO) contains companies that can serve as an energy bridge improving near-term use of fossil fuel resources by progressively reducing carbon and other pollution.
- Distributed Energy Financial Group LLC - Distributed Energy Stock Index (DESI) focusing on the distributed energy and technology industry - DESI Quarterly Report
- DEFG's Distributed Energy Stock Index (DESI) Reaches New High, Up 5.5% in Q3 - The Distributed Energy Financial Group LLC (DEFG, www.defgllc.com), a specialized consulting and financial services firm focused on the energy technology sector, released Q3 results today of the Distributed Energy Stock Index (DESI, pronounced Deh-Zee), an index of 42 publicly traded companies in the alternative energy space. Distributed Energy Financial Group LLC - Distributed Energy Stock Index (DESI) focusing on the distributed energy and technology industry - DESI Quarterly Report
Solar Stocks Commentary
Solar Energy Perspectives with J. Peter Lynch
Mr. Lynch has worked, for 31 years as an independent analyst and investor in small emerging technology companies. He has been actively involved in following developments in the renewable energy sector since 1977 and is regarded as an expert in this field. He was the contributing editor for the past 17 years to the Photovoltaic Insider Report, the leading publication in Photovoltaics industry that was directed at industrial subscribers, such as major energy companies, utilities and governments around the world.
Renewable Energy Stocks Directory Preview
Wind Power & Wind Energy Stocks
3Power Energy Group ( OTCBB:PSPW ; Frankfurt: PSD.F ) is emerging as a world-wide independent major player in producing electricity generated by solar, wind, hydro, biomass and other renewable energy resources and to develop, build and operate power plants based upon these technologies. The Company plans to develop clean, sustainable power generation and become a trusted energy provider to utility companies and corporate entities around the world. The Company expects to establish its headquarters in London, with satellite offices and operations in North America, Latin America, Europe, and Asia.
City Windmills ( Frankfurt:CYW .F ) is a company in the development phase, with the design, development and marketing of revolutionary small wind turbine systems clean flachblättrigen deals. The business model of Wind Mills City focuses on revenue generation from the production of clean energy from small wind turbines, along with advertising revenue.
Greenworld Wind Power Co. Ltd. ( Xetra:GWD ; Frankfurt:GWD.F ) has been founded to develop utility scale windfarms in the Philippines. Wind studies conducted in the Philippines show that there are many suitable areas for wind farms, particularly along the northern and eastern coast lines and at higher elevations in the mountainous regions of the country.
NACEL Energy ( OTCBB:NCEN ; Frankfurt:4FC.F ) is an emerging developer and aggregator of wind power infrastructure generating profitable, clean, renewable energy for America. The Company is one of the first in the nation developing COMMUNITY WIND - utility-scale wind energy with a sustainable footprint and local partners.
Nordex AG ( FRA:NDX1.F ) is a Germany-based manufacturer and supplier of wind energy systems, specializing in wind turbines.
Plambeck Neue Energien AG ( FRA:PNE3.F ) The project list includes 80 Wind energy projects, domestic and wind farms with more than 460 turbines in operation as well as wind farms in the implementation phase. In addition to providing commercial, administrative and legal services, Plambeck Neue Energien also provides technical monitoring and maintenance for the wind farms.