About Sunshine Biopharma (OTCBB:SBFM)
According to the American Cancer Society approximately 1.5 million new cases of cancer are diagnosed each year in the U.S. Today, there are over 11 million Americans living with cancer. Virtually all cancers are either aggressive at the onset or become aggressive over time.
Aggressive cancers occurring at the onset are generally refractory to conventional chemotherapy and often non-operable. They are invasive and characterized by rapid proliferation. Examples of such cancers include small-cell lung cancer, pancreatic cancer, kidney cancer, and squamous-cell carcinomas. Cancers which become aggressive following one or more rounds of therapy are generally referred to as metastatic or multidrug resistant. These types of cancer are initially operable solid tumors and generally respond to chemotherapy. However, when they recur they are characteristically aggressive, more proliferative and multidrug resistant.
Sunshine Biopharma is committed to developing novel therapies for the treatment of various forms of aggressive cancer types. Our initial drug candidate, Adva-27a, is a small molecule that has proven effective against different types of multidrug resistant cancer cell lines including breast cancer (MCF-7/MDR), small-cell lung cancer (H69AR), uterine carcinoma (MES-SA/Dx5) and pancreatic cancer (Panc-1).
Board of Directors
Dr. Steve Slilaty
Chairman & CEO
Dr. Slilaty is an accomplished scientist and a highly skilled business executive. He received his Bachelor of Science at Cornell University and completed his Ph.D. in Molecular Biology & Biochemistry at the University of Arizona. He is currently President & CEO of Sunshine Biopharma and has an appointment as Adjunct Professor at Universite du Quebec. Dr. Slilaty is a leader in the bioscience industry and is referenced in editorials, reviews and textbooks. His extensive contributions to science included the discovery of a new class of enzymes (S24) and the development of key technology for the Human Genome Project. With a passion for medicine, he founded three biotech companies and took one public. The company he took public, Genomics One Corporation reached $1 billion market cap. At Sunshine Biopharma Dr. Slilaty is working with the same determination as he pioneers a path towards the discovery of ground breaking drugs for the treatment of aggressive forms of cancer.
Camille Sebaaly, ENG.
Director & CFO
Mr. Sebaaly has more than 20 years of experience in high profile career spread heading the engineering, development, commercialization and market launch of emerging technologies worldwide.
Michael Di Turi
Director & COO
Mr. Di Turi has more than 10 years experience in management, banking, business development, marketing and sales.
Many therapeutically important compounds contain diester bonds that link different parts of the molecule together. Diester bonds are naturally unstable often leading to suboptimal performance when the molecule is administered to patients. Diester bonds have specific electrostatic properties and three-dimensional structure that cannot be easily mimicked by other bonds. Chemical structures that do not mimic the diester bond correctly invariably render the compound biologically inactive. In collaboration with Institut National des Sciences Appliquées de Rouen in France (“INSA”), our licensor, Advanomics Corporation, has developed methodology for replacing the diester bond with a carbon-difluoride bond which acts as a perfect diester isostere. An isostere is a different chemical structure that mimics the properties of the original. In the body, carbon-difluoride compounds are resistant to metabolic degradation but are recognized similarly to the diester containing compounds (see Figure below). This technology allows us to create a large variety of compounds that are stable and have novel therapeutic properties.
Sunshine Biopharma Inc.
469 Jean-Talon West, 3rd Floor
Montreal, Quebec H3N 1R4
For Additional Information Contact:
Camille Sebaaly, CFO
Sunshine Biopharma Inc.
Direct Line: 514-814-0464
- Biotech/Pharma Companies Targeting Pancreatic Cancer: (SBFM), (NLNK), (LLY, NYSE), (CELG) - February 26, 2014
- Biotech/Pharma Companies Targeting Pancreatic Cancer: (SBFM), (NLNK), (LLY), (CELG) - February 19, 2014
- Biotech News Alert: SUNSHINE BIOPHARMA (OTCQB: SBFM) BEGINS CONSTRUCTION OF MOUSE XENOGRAFT MODELS FOR PANCREATIC CANCER TO ADVANCE Adva-27a AS A TREATMENT FOR THIS DEADLY FORM OF CANCER - February 14, 2014
- Biotech News Alert: SUNSHINE BIOPHARMA (OTCQB: SBFM) CONTINUES ITS EFFORTS TO RE-DOMICILE IN CANADA FOR BUSINESS EXPANSION AND FINANCING OPPORTUNITIES FOR Adva-27a CANCER DRUG CANDIDATE - February 4, 2014
- Biotech News Alert: Sunshine Biopharma (OTCQB: SBFM) Targets Pancreatic Cancer as Second Indication for Clinical Trials of Adva-27a Compound - January 22, 2014
- Biotech News Alert: Sunshine Biopharma (OTCQB: SBFM) Targets Pancreatic Cancer as Second Indication for Clinical Trials of Adva-27a Compound - January 21, 2014
- Biopharma Q&A Interview; Dr. Steve N. Slilaty Ph.D., Chairman, CEO of Sunshine Biopharma (OTCQB: SBFM) Shares Insight into Recent Company Move and Updates Lead Cancer Compound Adva-27a
Disclaimer: Corporate Profile as prepared and approved by featured company.
* Investorideas.com disclaimer / disclosure
The following profile is a paid for by Third Party submission/ad. Please read our full disclaimer and disclosure regarding specific compensation. Nothing on our sites should be construed as an offer or solicitation to buy or sell products or securities. We attempt to research thoroughly, but we offer no guarantees as to the accuracy of information presented.