InvestorIdeas.com - Due Diligence
InvestorIdeas.com has added this due diligence section in
response to incoming questions from investors.
It is our experience, based on feedback, that some individual investors only
consider due diligence after they have purchased shares in a company!
We recommend that all investors complete due diligence prior to
Please be aware, that upon completion of in-depth due diligence there is
still a risk factor in all forms of investing.
Before You Invest - Investigate! For an article on how to complete due diligence,
Forms of Due Diligence Investors Have Access To (This is only a partial
list as an example)
SHORT SELLING COMBINED WITH FRAUDULENT STOCK MANIPULATION
- Please note not all company websites are updated on a regular basis
so you should use additional content sources to ensure accuracy.
Company IR and PR Contacts
- Please be aware the IR contacts can only disseminate and distribute publicly
- Yahoo! Finance is an excellent source of information on public companies,
but they cannot assure 100% accuracy. Yahoo! relies on other content source
providers including Reuters and some public company information is not
updated or accurate.
News Wire Services
Third Party Content
News Sources / Media (Partial List)
CBS Market Watch,
New York Times,
Wall Street Journal,
Please be aware that all media articles are based on the journalist's
opinion and inclusion of their level of research and due diligence and may
vary with each writer.
Investor Chat Rooms and Message Boards
- Please be aware that message boards are a venue to express freedom of speech and can be abused by excessive postings, abusive commentary, defamation of character and inaccurate and false information. They are a format for individual investors to post information with an agenda to make a stock go up or down and should be read and considered accordingly.
"Lawyers say defamation lawsuits against message board posters by companies wanting to silence their online critics are on the rise." http://wired-vig.wired.com/news/business/0,1367,50548,00.html
Blogs (Web logs that are updated regularly)
- A new media form of information, but are based on, and restricted by, the writer's depth of research and personal opinions. http://www.blogsearchengine.com